Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Fighting games recommendations (Xbox and GameCube)

It's been a long time since I've last played a fighting game, with Hyper Street Fighter Anniversary (or something like that) being the last one that I've played. Too bad I don't own a ps2 anymore though.. "shrugs".

Apparently, it's gotten to the point to where I've forgotten what fighting games are available for both consoles. And recently I've been on a hunt for some fighting games. (Mainly for the Xbox though.) So what are some of the fighting games that're out?

Let's get the obvious choices out of the way now....

Super Smash Bros (which I'm not gonna buy... sorry fans.)
Soul Calibur 2 (I only liked the 1st Soul Calibur)
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Ultimate

That's about all that I can remember off the top of my head.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Looking for fighting games on the Gamecube is pretty much useless. The D-pad is horrible for fighting games, Xbox has some decent ones though. Here are the ones off the top of my head, hope you like 2-D Fighters.

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload-One of the best 2-D fighters of all time IMO.

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat Deception, Mortal Kombat Armegeddon.-The mortal kombat games are pretty good, not high in my list of favorite fighters but the games have always been fun. Armegeddon is the best to get though with it having every character from the entire series.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection-Contains the best versions of SF2 and SF3 in characters, balancing and the like.

Capcom Vs. SNK 2: EO-Fantastic game, one of my favorites. The mix of Capcom and SNK fighters spanning many games makes a really fun game.

The King of Fighters 02/03-King of Fighters is a pretty good series, I always preferred Street Fighter but this is just as good in some points. 03 is the better of the collection, it feels much more responsive and faster then 02.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2-Many fighting game purists consider the game broken and very unbalanced, which is true but its still lots of fun. Good luck finding it for cheap though.

Capcom Fighting Evolution-Has many Capcom favorites and heavy hitters with some more obscure characters. It's not bad but the other games mentioned are much better choices.

Samurai Shodown V-I haven't played it myself but its made by SNK so it should be pretty good.

The King of Fighters: Neowave-Haven't played this one at all but its more classic based 1-1 bouts. Like Capcom Fighting Evolution it isn't bad, but the other ones listed are better ones to go after first.

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - Maniax-The game is 3-D graphics but the fighting is still in 2-D which is a good thing. I haven't played it myself but if you want a 3-D looking fighter with classic gameplay then you can't go wrong here.

There are others but they are crappy fighting games that aren't worth a damn.
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 11:24 AM   #3
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I forgot to mention that I was about to purchase King of Fighters 02/03 as well as Guilty Gear. Although I'm really iffy about Guilty Gear because the last Guilty Gear that I played for the ps2 (Isuka I believe) had a really crappy system. You had to push the L or R button(s) to face your opponent. Hopefully that's not in this version...?

Quote:
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2-Many fighting game purists consider the game broken and very unbalanced, which is true but its still lots of fun. Good luck finding it for cheap though.
Tell me about it. It's impossible to find this game cheap. (Especially when I was looking for it on the ps2. Fortunately, the one on the Xbox is the cheapest I've seen so far.. Actually found one for $40. Steep for a used game, but it's still worthy IMO) This as well as Capcom vs SNK2.

I had Street Fighters Anniversary for the ps2... I might buy it again for the Xbox, but I'm a bit iffy about it because Guile and T-hawk pissed me off quite a bit, and I might launch the controller.

Thanks for the help.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:24 PM   #4
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
If I had to play a fighting game where everytime I wanted to change direction I had to press a button I wouldn't play it. That was just exclusive to Isuka, your character changes direction normally like every other fighting game in Guilty Gear so no worries. Isuka was made as a party game in mind, every other Guilty Gear is straight up 2-D fighting and has one of the best fighting systems around.

I actually got Capcom Vs. SNK 2 for twenty bucks at a Gamestop. So its not as expensive but still a little up there for a game with a fear years of age. I don't get why Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is so expensive, most fighting game purists snub the game, I guess capcom barely made any copies so that's why its so rare.