Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

View Poll Results: Splinter Cell or MGS
Splinter Cell 8 27.59%
MGS 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:40 PM   #21
Squall4000

Squall4000 is on a distinguished road
MGS without a doubt.....no thought went into that
Squall4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:45 PM   #22
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
I mean, Splinter Cell is a really great game, but it came an year later. It had to be more advance and had to have higher stealth and everything. Otherwise it wouldn't be a successful.

I mean game doesn't totally rely on gameplay now a days. There are other things as well. Atleast for me, I look forward to these things too in the game.

1.) Excellent Story telling. (Twists and turns)
2.) Characters!!!!
3.) Character developers!!!!
4.) Over the top music.
5.) Extremely good voice overs!.!

And in all those aspects... I think Metal Gear wins over Splinter Cell. Just my opinion.

SC's music is great.. and according to the game, but there isn't much of it. And in the first few stages till the Chineese Ambassy, Its the same music over and over again.

There are NO BOSSES! And so that means, hardly any characters!.! And so there isn't character develpment. And the story isn't just top notch. Its the gameplay of the game that simply rocks! And I totally agree with that.

And voice overs in the game are good. .. and thats it.

I think StarFox Adventure has every single aspect I mentioned above and does a very good job at it.
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:47 PM   #23
Squall4000

Squall4000 is on a distinguished road
SFA was a awsome game
Squall4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:40 AM   #24
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I found that I liked Splinter Cell (The X Box version) to be a better game than any of the Metal gears (Yes I have played them all" for the simple reason that I like realism. Splinter cell was certainly MUCH more realistic than Metal Gear. I found Metal Gear, especially the most recent ot be rather far fetched. But still the MG's were all very good games

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:46 AM   #25
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
I'd say overall I enjoy Metal Gear much more than Splinter Cell.The story and the great characters over shadow everything Splinter Cell has.Much of you talk about realism in the game.Actually there isn't too much.One point I'm walking hiding in the shadows and this guard walks right past me, then 2 seconds after I step out of the light he spots me.While I go to hide again in the SAME place i mind you, he spots me dead on and kills me.WTF.In MGS you don't see that many obvious errors.Plus wouldn't these guys attack in real combat situations (like call for backup ala MGS) instead of taking on the enemy themselves? Anyways I'll stop the rant.I enjoy Splinter Cell no doubt but MGS is better.Oh yeah take a look at harry's review of the game, it does a very good description and goes over some of the points I made as well as others.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:37 PM   #26
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

I meant that the storyline was much more realistic not necessarily the gameplay. I never noticed anything wrong with Plinter Cells gameplay. Im sure if I were to look I could find some glitchy type errors in the metal gear games as well. And doesent it make sence that if the gaurd sees you move back into the shadows hes going to shoot into the shadows where he saw U duck back and kill U ?

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:28 PM   #27
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

I meant that the storyline was much more realistic not necessarily the gameplay. I never noticed anything wrong with Plinter Cells gameplay. Im sure if I were to look I could find some glitchy type errors in the metal gear games as well. And doesent it make sence that if the gaurd sees you move back into the shadows hes going to shoot into the shadows where he saw U duck back and kill U ?
Vicious when you move in the shadows does not see no matter how close you are.If set the alarm get into a dark area and move to any corner or something and the guard is near here blast your ass accurately everytime.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:33 PM   #28
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I agree with SSSnake, if the game is said to be so realistic, I dont get it......... when the alarm or even when a gaurd finds you, if you try to hide in the DARKEST PLACE ON PLANET EARTH, he'll somehow figure that you're there. And in Harry's review, he made a very good point...... the night vision goggle, giving out the THREE GREEN LIGHT (which is like a Splinter Cell trade mark).... how come gaurds cant see that very flashy green lights moving in the room. I mean I would be scared if I see three triangular shaped lights moving in my bed room.

By the way I love the latest POLL.. about Sam Vs Snake. The results are funny!.! Nice!
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:21 PM   #29
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
If set the alarm get into a dark area and move to any corner or something and the guard is near here blast your ass accurately everytime.
Thats not exactly how U stated it the first time U didnt mention any alarm going off. But yeah I suppose when they set the alarm they can see you that is odd . And the thing about the green light I did notice. Kinda funny . But both of these are rather minor and again I wasnt necessarily talking about gameply but the story. I mean IN MGS a guy has his arm put on another man and it takes over....thats what Im reffering to. And the overall storyline is just really far fetched. But I dont want to sound like im being too negative about the MGS series. I could come up with a hundred posotive things for every negative thing I could say about the games. Also you have to expect the results U got from this poll. Your putting two very good games who were given VERY similar reviews by most gaming sites against eachother. I mean youd think the results would be close . But keep in mind we are on a PS2 site , the game that originated on PS2 is going to win out over a game that originated on X Box. I bet if we put this poll up at an X Box site the results would be the other way around with Splinter Cell winning.

ALSO

Preventer you say that Splinter Cell is way over rated (PROVE IT) yet I was with you when I rented it and you BARELY even played it before you amde your judgement. Also you have had alot of negative things to say about alot of X Box games that been GREAT. Like Halo..... werent you the one that said it wasnt that good of a game. Pfff. I think maybe some Biast is playing into the picture Mr. "I own 2 PS2s, a Gamecube, and an X Box yet the only one I play is my PS2. And no buying a syetem doesent mean you cant be biast against it. I dont think Ive ever heard you say anything good about an X Box game with the exception of Phantom Crash and Morrowind...neither of which even compare to Splinter Cell or Halo. But then again I suppose we are all entitled to out opinions no matter how wrong they might be

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #30
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Wow. You wonder why I don't play 2 out of my 3 systems? Because I don't like most of their games. I mean for the X-Box I like Phantom Crash and Morrowind a hell of a lot more then I like Splinter Cell or Halo. Both games I think are overrated. Like I said before Splinter Cell was the 2nd greatest game ever made according to some X-Box fan boys. Then when it comes out for the PS2 all those same people start to say, "Well it looks 10x better on the X-Box." I say to hell with that. IMO the only games worth playing for the X-Box are Morrowind, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Halo.

I wouldn't say I am bias against. I just think that at the moment it is no where near the ps2 (For evidence look at the sales numbers) That could change in the future and I hope it does because I do own one. Tell me what other X-Box games I have had negative opinions on that are so great? Halo and Splinter Cell are the only ones. I still thought Halo was an ok game. I would much rather play any Dynasty Warriors game. And that is just my opinion. I never got to play Halo with more then 2 people so that might be the reason I don't like it as much as others do. I thought the single player missions were bad and the only thing I really liked were the vehicles.

Now if you want to see how Splinter Cell is over rated go read some user reviews at gamers. (Wow....Gamers dot com is a bad word)

Too many fan boys IMO.

Oh and lets talk about you. I remember having long arguments about what system was going to be better. I think that we know who is winning that argument. Then after all this talk about how much better the X-Box was going to be you buy a ps2! Good grief. Then you sell it off and get an X-Box. Might I add that you and I have purchased the same number of games for the X-Box? 1 each! And you bought a game that could be played for both systems.

I think that by purchasing a system you can hate it. But again, I am not bias against any system. I enjoy playing video games no matter what system they are on. I can find reasons to hate on every system and reasons to like any system.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 02:17 PM   #31
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
I like Phantom Crash and Morrowind a hell of a lot more then I like Splinter Cell or Halo
Well you have the right to do that..but I just dont see how you can. I mean Halo is one of the best games made..EVER and you say it isnt that good. And Splinter Cell is an amazing title yet you say it isnt that good and thier both "Over rated" . I guess thats your opinion but you have to realize that yours is the unpopular opinion . Thats like saying I think the Bengals are better than the Oakland Raiders. Everyone knows your wrong yet you are entitled to your opinion

Quote:
I wouldn't say I am bias against. I just think that at the moment it is no where near the ps2 (For evidence look at the sales numbers)
Im not saying that. I think overall-(the whole package including games and what not) the PS2 is a better system . Its got more games and larger number of good to great games in its software library than the fledgling X Box. Im just refering to your biast against the two games in question becasue I just dont see HOW you can think that.

Quote:
I thought the single player missions were bad
OMG you say that Halos single player mission were horrible !?. Look at all the Dynasty Warrior games single player missions. You hack and slash your way through hordes of the same weak pathetic enemy soldiers while your worthless body guards follow you around doing next to nothing. Then every once and a while U fight a General (Whatever their title is) . Dynasty Warriors single player is NOTHING compared to Halo's..im sorry thats not even debatable. There isnt a point you could make to support that opinion other than "Hey its my opinion" . And we all know what that means *Cough* Biast *Cough*

Quote:
Oh and lets talk about you. I remember having long arguments about what system was going to be better. I think that we know who is winning that argument. Then after all this talk about how much better the X-Box was going to be you buy a ps2!
As a system and Im just talking the system and its capabilities it IS a better system so no you didnt win that argument. And the X Box still hasnt had the time it needs to catch up with the greatsness of the PS2 so the argument/debate is by no means over.

Quote:
Then after all this talk about how much better the X-Box was going to be you buy a ps2! Good grief. Then you sell it off and get an X-Box. Might I add that you and I have purchased the same number of games for the X-Box? 1 each! And you bought a game that could be played for both systems.
Again as a system the X Box is better than the PS2 thats a fact look at the specs for each. But overall when you include the games each system has released the PS2 is FAR superior ill admit that. I loved my PS2 and looking back I dont like that I got rid of it but hey I didnt know I could have fixed it. And as for the number of games thing ive already explained that in this post. Also I dont receive an allowance that allows me to buy a new game every other week. Plus as Ive explained the Box doesn't have a whole lotta good games for me to buy. If I did have the money id buy Halo, Morrowind, Phantom Crash, , X Box live, Unreal Championship, Mech Assualt, NFL Fever 2003, and probably more I cant think of at the moment.

Quote:
Now if you want to see how Splinter Cell is over rated go read some user reviews at gamers. (Wow....Gamers dot com is a bad word)
If you refer to the idiotic user reviews at Gamers for your game reviews then I feel bad for you. Their nothing but ignorant 10 year old console fan boys that couldn't give an accurate game review if their worthless little lives depended on it. I dont see how a game possibly looking better on another system warrants giving it a 1 out of 10. Idiots I tell you plain and simple

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #32
ToxicUK
Pressure=Crumbling

ToxicUK is on a distinguished road
Gadgetry: SC
Stealth: SC
Storyline: MGS
Motion Sequences: MGS
Graphics: Very close becasue I dont really care so ill just say MGS
Sound: MGS
Publicity: MGS
Respect: MGS

Toxic - Force The World To Crumble
ToxicUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #33
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Gadgetry: SC
Stealth: SC x 4
Storyline: Tie but again I like realism so Im leaning towards SC. Then again MGS's certainly was more memmorable . So yeah tie
Motion Sequences: MGS definatly
Graphics: Very close yes but the amazing lighting effects in SC push it over the top. Definatly SC
Sound: Tie becasue there really wasnt much of a difference in quality
Publicity: Who cares
Respect: MGS for sure (Been out longer)

Sorry to copy but its a cool format and Im sick of all this SC bashing .

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 07:22 PM   #34
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
i don't mean to interrupt everyones little convo here. But tenchu is better than both these games.

digimortal
- it's true, it's so true..

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #35
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

PLEASE....TELL ME YOUR NOT SERIOUS !

Tenchu isnt half as good as MGS or splinter Cell...although it is an ok game. . Hey i heard there was this great opinion shop down the street maybe I can get the address and you can go get a lagitimate one . I can see that your a hardcore Tenchu fan so ill shut up now as to not offend you and your precious Ninja

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 02:28 PM   #36
ToxicUK
Pressure=Crumbling

ToxicUK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i don't mean to interrupt everyones little convo here. But tenchu is better than both these games.
ARE YOU INSANE???

Toxic - Force The World To Crumble
ToxicUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #37
Preventer Wind

Quote:
As a system and Im just talking the system and its capabilities it IS a better system so no you didnt win that argument. And the X Box still hasnt had the time it needs to catch up with the greatsness of the PS2 so the argument/debate is by no means over.
What good is a system by itself? Plus there is no X-Box game that looks that much better that has come out for both systems. It's almost impossible to tell in most cases. And our argument was about which system was going to be more successful (sales, games etc.) You said that because the X-Box was going to be way more powerful it was going to be better. Like I said, look at the sales numbers.

Quote:
OMG you say that Halos single player mission were horrible !?. Look at all the Dynasty Warrior games single player missions. You hack and slash your way through hordes of the same weak pathetic enemy soldiers while your worthless body guards follow you around doing next to nothing. Then every once and a while U fight a General (Whatever their title is) . Dynasty Warriors single player is NOTHING compared to Halo's..im sorry thats not even debatable. There isnt a point you could make to support that opinion other than "Hey its my opinion" . And we all know what that means *Cough* Biast *Cough*
To get the record straight I am not bias. And Dynasty Warriors' missions are a lot better. If you look at Halo it was the same thing every time. You run through a stage where almost every room looks the same and kill Covenent. DW is not just a Hack & Slash game because if you go through the levels like that you will most surely lose.

And there are others that agree with me. Call them bias if you want. But Halo is not one of the best games ever made. And as I said before the only thing that made Halo a good game was the vehicles. The weapons were for the most part gay. The story line was ok but as it got to the end it just got worse. IMO The Three Kingdoms Story is a lot better of a story. Though I don't expect you to know anything about the Three Kingdoms because you are too fascinated being able to ride in a Warthog.

IMO Perfect Dark was a far better game. The music was better, the levels were better, and the weapons were way better. Plus you could use bots so if you couldn't get people to come over you still could have fun with the game.

And if you want proof I'm not bias I think that both Grand Theft Auto games aren't that great. Yeah sure it was fun driving around killing for the mafia and going on rampages. But it got boring after a short time and Vice City was almost the same thing to me.

Quote:
If you refer to the idiotic user reviews at Gamers for your game reviews then I feel bad for you. Their nothing but ignorant 10 year old console fan boys that couldn't give an accurate game review if their worthless little lives depended on it. I dont see how a game possibly looking better on another system warrants giving it a 1 out of 10. Idiots I tell you plain and simple
That's exactly what I'm talking about. They say it's one of the greatest games ever made for the X-Box but because the graphics are a fragment worse on the ps2 it blows chunks. Not that there aren't ps2 games like that. But you could probably add up all the fanboys for the ps2 and the game cube and it wouldn't equal the number of x-box ones at gamers.

If I'm bias against any system it's my Game Cube. I haven't played Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine or Zelda yet and I own Zelda. That is due in large part to me loaning it out to my Brother for a couple of months and all the games for the ps2 I play.

Can you really tell me what makes Halo so great? How is it any better then Perfect Dark other then graphics and possibly story? I'm not saying Halo sucks, I'm just saying I didn't enjoy it much. Maybe by playing it after all the hype I was just disappointed. I'm sure Halo 2 will be better and I hope it is.

Sun Tzu
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:14 PM   #38
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
What good is a system by itself?
Umm I dunno....im just trying to get off on a technicality..lets just say draw ok ?

Quote:
And Dynasty Warriors' missions are a lot better. If you look at Halo it was the same thing every time. You run through a stage where almost every room looks the same and kill Covenant
Well thats your opinion but then why did Halo get all tens our close to it from just about every proffesional that reviewed it ?. Becasue It most certainly is ONE of the best games ever made. But Its greatness cant be truly felt without playing multiplier with alotta friends, and the next one will be online so everyone will feel its greatness and you may finally see the light. Its multiplier is better than Perfect Darks. Not for a single person no because of the absence of bots (Which is the games only Real draw back) but for multiple people it IS better belive me...if not for anything else its for the vehicles. And the missions were not as repetitive as you think and certainly weren't more so that DW's.In all of the DW games all you do is beat on weak soldiers and hunt down the main bosses who basically wait for you...its fun to do but doesn't warrant putting the game in the same league as Halo. In halo you had different Vehicles ..VERY different levels...Different objectives...A FAAAAR BETTER STORY (Read the Halo books they are awesome. Explains the story in depth) DW is a HACK and SLASH title . PERIOD. Ask any pro game reviewer I mean... its basically excepted as a fact..it personifies hack and slash. Its a good game and all but the voice acting is atrocious (Little better in the latest one but still crap) and it isnt even in the same league as Halo. You want to use sales figures against me ok then Ill fight fire with fire. I GUARANTEE Halo sold circles around ANY DW title. You may not like it for one unwarranted reason or another but lets face it people HALO is better.

Quote:
The weapons were for the most part gay
How do you figure ?. The weapons were perfectly fine to me with the exception fo that reatarted gun that looked like a fish

Quote:
But you could probably add up all the fanboys for the ps2 and the game cube and it wouldn't equal the number of x-box ones at gamers
Maybe...that is completely un provable and I wouldn't even say probable. But it would make sense I mean the X Box has the smallest following due it being new so its fans have to defend it at every turn....like cornered animals...they lash out .

Preventer it seems to me like maybe you just have a different taste for games than the majority of people. I mean you dont think that Halo, Splinter Cell, or the Grand Theft Auto games are near as good as people say they are yet for the most part people know these games for what they are...masterpieces. I think if you were game reviewer at EGM youd be fired after the first issue.

Halo :
Shane-10
Crispin-10
Preventer-7

Dynasty Warriors 3 :
Crispin- 8
Mark- 7.5
Preventer- 9

Hah...imagine all the hate mail youd get. And imagine if you dared give a Metroid game less than a Ten they'd have your head. lol

Old May 1st, 2003, 03:32 PM   #39
Preventer Wind

Quote:
Well thats your opinion but then why did Halo get all tens our close to it from just about every proffesional that reviewed it ?. Becasue It most certainly is ONE of the best games ever made. But Its greatness cant be truly felt without playing multiplier with alotta friends, and the next one will be online so everyone will feel its greatness and you may finally see the light. Its multiplier is better than Perfect Darks. Not for a single person no because of the absence of bots (Which is the games only Real draw back) but for multiple people it IS better belive me...if not for anything else its for the vehicles. And the missions were not as repetitive as you think and certainly weren't more so that DW's.In all of the DW games all you do is beat on weak soldiers and hunt down the main bosses who basically wait for you...its fun to do but doesn't warrant putting the game in the same league as Halo. In halo you had different Vehicles ..VERY different levels...Different objectives...A FAAAAR BETTER STORY (Read the Halo books they are awesome. Explains the story in depth) DW is a HACK and SLASH title . PERIOD. Ask any pro game reviewer I mean... its basically excepted as a fact..it personifies hack and slash. Its a good game and all but the voice acting is atrocious (Little better in the latest one but still crap) and it isnt even in the same league as Halo. You want to use sales figures against me ok then Ill fight fire with fire. I GUARANTEE Halo sold circles around ANY DW title. You may not like it for one unwarranted reason or another but lets face it people HALO is better.
That's exactly what I am saying. In order to really experience the game you have to play multiplayer. And most people couldn't find 4 people on a normal to play with. Not to mention you would need another X-Box and TV if you wanted more people. And the guns were gay. Do you remember the names of any of the guns and what they did? It shouldn't be hard because they were all very basic. There were 10 levels and you go through 3 again. In most of the levels themselves you go through the same looking room over and over again.

I asked you to tell me what made Halo so great and how it was better then Perfect Dark. You gave me an excuse and said the Multi Player was better because of vehicles. Which may or may not be true. We can talk about character selection, weapons, and levels. Perfect Dark wins in all 3 categories and that does not even include bots. I thought that the vehicles were the best thing about Halo but to say that makes up for bots and those other 3 categories is a bit far fetched. Sure you can race the vehicles but come on...is it really better JUST because of that?

Now if you can tell me what Halo's story is about and what the Three Kingdoms is about I may just believe you. But to even mention that I should read the books when you have not read one is a bit wrong don't you think? Especially when I could tell you a lot about the Three Kingdoms. Now this was a discussion about something else and I will reply no further.

Quote:
Preventer it seems to me like maybe you just have a different taste for games than the majority of people. I mean you dont think that Halo, Splinter Cell, or the Grand Theft Auto games are near as good as people say they are yet for the most part people know these games for what they are...masterpieces. I think if you were game reviewer at EGM youd be fired after the first issue.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just look at the quote in my sig.

Sun Tzu
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:39 PM   #40
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

FYI I read three chapters in the halo book thank you very much !. And yes you have the right to state an unpopular opinion (I do all the time) but some opinions are unpopular for a reason . Becasue you have to be off your rocker to have them . You say perfect Dark was better than Halo...Me and the majority of the world say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH must be kidding !!...to you.