Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:46 AM   #1
Jolie

Jolie is on a distinguished road
Just finished FFX

Hi all, I'm a new member. I've just finished playing Final Fantasy X, and I thought to share my impressions: this is probably one of the best games I've ever played. My fave character is Lulu, the black mage. The story is amazing and incredibly well done, the characters are all really good, especially the design, and the ending made me cry because it was so sad! It took me some time to improve the stats of my characters, especially some of them, and I found the battle system a bit more complicated than the one of other RPGs I've played in the past.

I don't know: what should my next Final Fantasy game be? I've only played this one. I've heard Final Fantasy VIII is the most popular among them and the characters are really good too, but I've heard the story is not as good as Final Fantasy X.

Can you help me?
Jolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 12:41 PM   #2
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Re: Just finished FFX

Quote:
Originally posted by Jolie
I've heard Final Fantasy VIII is the most popular among them and the characters are really good too, but I've heard the story is not as good as Final Fantasy X.
I'd have to disagree... I've heard more grumbles about FF8 than any of the more recent FFs: but thats not to say its a bad game. Its a very very good game, by any standards: but It just isn't as good or as popular as the two that came before it:

To you, I'd recommend FFVII. FFVI is my favorite, but VII is by far the best for a newer player to try (6 is an old SNES game, and is completely in 2D - possibly too far to come down too after the phenomenal graphics of 10) It has an insanely popular storyline, character-set and villian, a very good ability system (materia) and a lot to do in it. The Soundtrack is also one of the best... But the graphics may be a little of a come-down : It was 1996/7 (?) when it was originally released though, so you have to forgive it ^_^

After that, what you play will be pretty much to what your tastes are: FF6 has a storyline more popular than all the others (on the FFOnline forums at least), but the graphics are only SNES standard, and the Gameplay systems are a little un-inspiring (I'm not sure, but I assume the Playstation version of FFVI will be in the antholgies package in Argentina, and will therefore come with FFV). If you like FFVI, you'll like FFIV. If you don't, Try FFIX and FFVIII, which both have very pretty visuals...

And then of course there is FFTactics... But that may be a little too different to what you will like, so only consider it if you like Strategy in RPGs...

Oh and... welcome to the forums
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 12:46 PM   #3
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
Welcome Jolie I hope you'll like it here!

Anyway I'm glad you like FFX, its a good game imo.
As for what FF game should you play next, I think you should give FFVII a try. The graphics aren't as good as FFX but FFVII does has a good storyline to it and the characters in it are also good

FFVIII is a good game, I found it a bit hard to get into at first and the Junction system (battle system) took awhile to get the hang of at first, but it is a good game with a nice soundtrack to it.

But imo you should give FFVII a try first before FFVIII, but that's only my opinion anyway.

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 01:48 PM   #4
Macceh^
Ne me mori facias

Macceh^ is on a distinguished road
My views on which Final Fanatsy is the better change on a weekly basis to be honest.

This week FF7 has taken it but not for the usual reasons that EVERYONE picks FF7 above the rest, just the way it has such deep characters the whole Zack - Cloud thing really got me thinking. I mean to really develop a love for FF7 i'd recomend reading Falseheads FF7 plot analysis located here --> https://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...y_vii_plot.txt

This isnt for people who didnt understand the plot oh no far from it, infact you'll need a pretty good understanding of the deepness (is that word? Let me check dictionary.com one second......Yes it is ) where was I? Ah yes, so its for those people like myself who want to delve deeper into the characters and the past of the game all events prior to the actual begining etc.

Ok I realise I have now gone off topic, FF8 superb game epic storyline although utter poor soundtrack with the exceptions of Julia's piano theme, Fishermans Horizon and such like.
Anyway the character development was just as good as FF7 if not better in many ways.

FF9 I really loved this plot yeh the game was easy and the characters didnt seem to have any clear motives or goals but it was damn fun to play. OST was also a vast improvment on eights.

In conclusion FF6 is perhaps the best but to the FF newb I would strongly steer clear of FF6 and 8 for now as it will only make you develop up a despise for the series. Play through 7 or 9 first then consider eight or 6.

Phew thnk thats about it. Oh and heya Artist ^_^
Macceh^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 04:49 PM   #5
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
FFX is a great game. Auron is obviously the man. But if your going to play somethin play FFVII! It's the best of the series IMO.

Oh yeah and if your just starting RPG's then stay away from VIII for the time being...the junction system still confuses me to this day and I'm fairly good at RPG's...
Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:05 AM   #6
Jolie

Jolie is on a distinguished road
Thanks a lot for the suggestions and info! I'll try Final Fantasy VII before VIII then!
Jolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:11 AM   #7
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Everyone, really, has their own views about these games. I personally can't believe why the hell so many people rant about FF8 if that game was so outstanding!!!

But in what most agree, is that FF7 has got the best storyline, and that's what I think as well.

I;d just suggest to play them in the order they came out (basically, what you said )

Don't miss FF9 either. Although it may not be as awsome as the previews 2, it's still a wonderful game, has a good storyline as well, and the gameplay is slightly better than in the other 2 games IMO.

And hell, yeah, I hated FFX's end with the heart, it was too sad, and too stupid also, I would say.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2002, 10:35 AM   #8
Juniorgriff

Juniorgriff is on a distinguished road
Talking FF Rules

I thought that FFX was one of the best games I have ever played. The story is great, the characters are great, but I thought that the end was too easy. As with FFVII (the best one, in my opinion) the amount of work you put into getting to the end, you get there and its just too easy
Juniorgriff is offline   Reply With Quote