Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #261
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Playing Area 51 (Xbox) and Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PS2) I'm still playing FF12 but I really haven't had time to play it. At least in the sense to realy play it, I've only been able to play games lately for an hour or two at most and that's really not enough time to do anything in a game like FF12. So I decided to play something else until I get more free time, perhaps when I get off from school for the month this July.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 04:32 AM   #262
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Currently playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Better than X-Men Legends, but at the moment, I'm not feeling it. I'm in one of those moods where you're craving one game, but don't have it, and until you get that game the other games will not be pleasing.

In any case, I like the fact that they mixed up the characters in the Marvel universe, however, majority of these characters I don't like or don't know anything about. For real, I cannot stand the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer, and I don't know anything about Luke Cage, Ms (Mrs.?) Marvel, Spider-Woman. Half these characters I've heard of but know absolutely nothing about. (Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider) And then there are some characters that are just crap to play as, but "shrugs".

The only characters I use in my line-up is Wolverine, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Daredevil. Occassionally switching Daredevil out for Thor and Captain America. (whose crap btw)

I want to play the Xbox 360 version because of Moon Knight. I know nothing about him, but I want to see what his powers are like.

I'm currently thinking about buying God of War. (GoW2's price gotta drop before I consider buying it) I did rent it before, but I didn't really care much for it mainly because I don't care for greek mythology. But I figure I should get this for the action instead of the storyline. (And it's a nice game to take frustration out on.)

I'm also thinking about getting the Hitman series. Just took a sudden interest in it.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #263
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Hey Venom if you want to get the Hitman series. I suggest picking up the "Hitman Trilogy" for PS2, it has all the current Hitmans in one package for thirty dollars new. Quite a good deal especially considering Hitman: Blood Money the latest one is perhaps the best in the series thus far.

I'm still playing Tomb Raider: Anniversary but I'm half an hour from beating it since I'm on the final level. I started up Raw Danger that came in the mail today, a pretty cool disaster type game a genre I think that should get more attention.
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 01:23 PM   #264
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
playing:
* Tomb Raider: Anniversary
* God of War 2
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:02 AM   #265
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I picked up a copy of Fight Night Round 3 for the PS3 just for something else to play with friends and found the game to be very enjoyable. I am having super fun on it and now have a fighter with a 33 and 0 record with 31 knockouts. My first guy is 12 - 2 with 12 KO's, the problem is I was trying to be a power puncher and he was a speed guy so it started to work against me in the tougher matches where the guys actually blocked you.

Other then that I also purchased games like Ridge Racer 7 (its terrible) and MLB 2K7 (fun but still just baseball).

I don't play much for online games anymore especially for the PC since I am out of range for DSL internet at the moment.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 03:16 AM   #266
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Well I beat Tomb Raider: Anniversary two weeks ago, along with Urban Chaos Riot Response and RE4 (PS2 version) just last week. Now I'm concentrating on The Bard's Tale and Evil Dead: Regeneration, both for Xbox.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #267
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Playing Forza 2, it owns.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #268
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
The Darkness- ps3
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #269
Phenom

God of War.

Yep, I decided to give it another go. Still, I don't particularly care for the story, (not a fan of greek mythology) however, the action is a nice. Though I still think this was a little... I don't want to say overhyped, but it is along those lines, but then again I'm a little bias because I still prefer Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry 3 over this.

In any case, I just brought the game earlier today, and I'm pretty far. I have the Blade of something.... Single sword with a purple-ish / blue-ish aura around it, and I'm in some place with this cylinder thing is rolling around in the room.
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 03:48 AM   #270
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Paper Mario and Streets of Rage, both for the Wii. Finally got online with my Wii and bought these two games off virtual console.
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #271
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I picked up Madden 08 for the PS3 yesterday, so I started playing that. Plus My Madden league started yesterday too and I started 2 - 0. WOOT! I also purchased Ninja Gadian Sigma. Only on Chapter 2 but seems like it should be pretty fun. Finally I have been playing Transformers also on PS3. Borrowed it from a friend and I am not completely sure if I like it or not. Its fun don't get me wrong, but just seems sorta repetitive.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #272
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
Oblivion. That is all I'll need for the next year or so. That game is HUUUGE.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #273
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I just finished my first Madden League and finished undefeated and won the championship yesterday. It was a very tough game though and I ended up winning on a last second field goal for 40 yards out. I am now in a Champions League and won my first game today. I play again in a couple hours. I don't expect to win this league and wont put much thought into it since Hockey gets released on tuesday and will play that more. I also am waiting for Lair to be shipped to me and cant wait to play DIRT.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #274
Phenom

I just beat Ninja Gaiden. I think I've mentioned that it was my favorite game before. Now I'm not so certain. Still a great game, and IMO, the best action game out there, but I found myself getting pissed off at the game far too many times, and not because of it's difficulty. What was getting to me was the camera and the platforming. (Mainly the camera)

It's weird because when I had the game the last time (before my brother sold his Xbox) I didn't have any issues with the camera at all. (Or at least I don't recall having any problems with the camera.) But now I was having all sorts of issues with the thing, especially during boss fights.

Besides the camera, I don't like that once you beat the game, nothing carries over if you want to start a new game outside of them Scarabs. And I'm not even sure if those carry over.

Other than that everything else was nice and crisp.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #275
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom
I just beat Ninja Gaiden. I think I've mentioned that it was my favorite game before. Now I'm not so certain. Still a great game, and IMO, the best action game out there, but I found myself getting pissed off at the game far too many times, and not because of it's difficulty. What was getting to me was the camera and the platforming. (Mainly the camera)

It's weird because when I had the game the last time (before my brother sold his Xbox) I didn't have any issues with the camera at all. (Or at least I don't recall having any problems with the camera.) But now I was having all sorts of issues with the thing, especially during boss fights.

Besides the camera, I don't like that once you beat the game, nothing carries over if you want to start a new game outside of them Scarabs. And I'm not even sure if those carry over.

Other than that everything else was nice and crisp.
Probably playing games with a decent camera and then going back to Ninja Gaiden's horrible camera might be the reason. Play plenty of games where one feature is good and then going to one where that same feature is not so great makes it all the more noticeable.

Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black are extremely satisfying games, but the camera and platforming are indeed awful. I think Ninja Gaiden Sigma fixed the camera problems; I'm not sure since I haven't played my copy of it yet.

I'm playing some 360 games off and on. Like Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition, Overlord, Bioshock, and Tenchu Z.
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #276
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
Probably playing games with a decent camera and then going back to Ninja Gaiden's horrible camera might be the reason. Play plenty of games where one feature is good and then going to one where that same feature is not so great makes it all the more noticeable.

Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black are extremely satisfying games, but the camera and platforming are indeed awful. I think Ninja Gaiden Sigma fixed the camera problems; I'm not sure since I haven't played my copy of it yet.

I'm playing some 360 games off and on. Like Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition, Overlord, Bioshock, and Tenchu Z.
That could be it seeing how I had no issues with God of Wars camera. (I don't think I had many problems with DMC3's camera either.)

I'm playing Shenmue 2. (YAY... Satisfaction for a long time ) I just recently started so I'm not far in it. I'm currently at the part where Ryo found out about Man Mo Temple.

After being away from the game for so long, fighting feels real funny. I haven't played a game where X and A were my punch and kick buttons in a long time. It's been a very long time since I've played a fighting game, so I'm really trying to get reacquainted with the controls.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #277
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
I recently picked up the 3rd and final volume to the .hack//G.U. series for PS2. The story over the games has been interesting and a fine addition to the .hack story. I've liked how they've improved minor aspects of the games as they progressed as well, and the battle system updates keep it fun.

I've also been playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess off and on for a while now as well. I have trouble finding the time to sit down and give that one a good play through though. But an amazing game so far, especially with the Wii-mote system.

And of course, as if there isn't a person alive who hasn't played them, I'm still taking my swings at Guitar Hero I and II. Those will keep me entertained for a long while yet. Even though they're terribly repetitive, I can't stop!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:14 AM   #278
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Playing some original Xbox. Started up Rogue Trooper and Syberia. I also play Guilty Gear: XX Reload on Xbox when I don't feel like getting too involved with a game.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #279
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I just finished my champions league in Madden, I sadly lost in the finals after somehow going undefeated. I was in complete control until I fumbled 2 straight times on my 20 yard line and let him back into the game. Never has that ever happened to me and I think Madden was out to get me. I did however land in a Regional Qualifier due to my finish. What this means is that I am against 15 other players who I am assuming also did well in respective leagues and we play for a chance at a zone league. I don't really know much about it but from asking around this is the compatition that eventually leads to some World Championships type thingy. I really don't expect to make it anywhere and really don't have the time to put in any effort really into practicing. Plus I just got NHL 08 and I am loving it and spend most of my time playing that.

On tuesday I should also recieve my new copy of lair, Dirt and Stuntman.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #280
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Just started playing Heavenly Sword for ps3. Its pretty awesome so far. I have some complaints like sometimes when you go into battle, the camera angle is off and you cant see where you are. Theres also this thing called after touch where lets say you shoot an arrow at an enemy, you're able to slow down time. Theres been mixed reviews on whether after touch is necessary in the game but i think it just gives the game an extra option on how you want to kill someone. I think it comes in handy a few times. Another downfall is that I heard its pretty short. Im already on chapter 4 and I was told that there are only 6 chapters. Overall the game is good. The graphics are nice and the voice acting is awesome. I would suggest renting it first. Hopfully i'll beat it soon and see what extra stuff there is after the game is beaten