Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old May 17th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #1
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Yummy, new MGS series news!

Three Metal Gear Solid titles are currently in development:

- Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3

- Metal Gear Ac!d 2 - PSP

- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - PS2

Interesting quote about MGS4 is the list of characters that will be in the game;

Quote:
According to Kojima, who was on hand to show off the games, the concept behind MGS4 will be "nowhere to hide." Set in a future world after Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, the game will see the return of all the major characters from the series, including Solid Snake, Meryl, Otacon, and Ocelot. It will also sport an online battle mode.
Meryl??? The hell? Why bring her back now? Is MGS4 going to finish the storyline that MGS2 left off at or not? I want to know what the hell happened with Liquid hijacking Ocelot's body and Ray, what is up with the Patriots. Kojima's got something up his sleeve once again!

I was just thinking about whatever happened to the online version of MGS that they were talking about before MGS3 came out just the other day. Glad to hear it is still in existence.

I was expecting that Ac!d would get a sequel, I loved the game, and the ending was the perfect setup for a sequel.

Subsistence sounds like fun;

Quote:
The third is Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PlayStation 2, a compilation of MGS3 and the MSX games Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, the latter two of which have never been available in Japan. It will also feature eight-person online multiplayer and several new game modes.
I've only played the original Metal Gear before, never beaten it. Sounds like we'll be treated to more MGS-goodness for the next couple years.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #2
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
ok i deleted my thread. we'll use yours instead.

here are the trailers.

Metal Gear Ac!d 2 trailer

MGS 3 subsistance trailer

Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 page

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #3
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Oh, that works out well then.

None of the trailers are working, Realplayer keeps popping up and says it cannot play it. ARGH.
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #4
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

go to the mgs 4 homepage and download it from there.

did you notice the character art TT, looks like Vamp, Raiden will be back. so will meryl.

Old May 17th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #5
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
go to the mgs 4 homepage and download it from there.

did you notice the character art TT, looks like Vamp, Raiden will be back. so will meryl.
It won't let me right-click download, maybe if I uninstall realplayer :[

It looks like left to right: Vamp, Meryl, Raiden, Ocelot, Snake, ??? [Otacon? Looks like Liquid with glasses?], Solidus, ??? [Olga?]

Did you check out the pics for Ac!d 2? I like the new cel-shaded, comic-book style look.

edit: well, that didn't help..now nothing is attempting to open the video at all..

edit2: I realized that I could right-click/save-as the links you provided, but that didn't help much either, Windows Media Player and Winamp arn't playing it either..

edit3: Now it seems to be semi-working, the problem was most likely because their server is getting bombarded big time. I watched up to the Foxhound 'Kojima Productions' logo and it froze

Last edited by TtTackler; May 17th, 2005 at 07:58 PM..
Old May 17th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #6
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

All 3 of this games are a must buy for me. im really excited about Subsistance, i wonder how the online multiplayer would play like. its also great that konami is packing the game with lots of extra, its nice to see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake will be in the disc.

Old May 17th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #7
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
All 3 of this games are a must buy for me. im really excited about Subsistance, i wonder how the online multiplayer would play like. its also great that konami is packing the game with lots of extra, its nice to see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake will be in the disc.
Yeah, I'm going to have to pick them all up, I really can't wait for co-op online.

Gamespot.com has the trailer for MGS4 up, no lag. Extremely funny, I love Kojima's sense of humour.

edit:

Quote:
The cast of characters revealed so far reads like an all-star lineup of the series, with Otacon, Revolver Ocelot, and even Meryl Silverburgh confirmed to be in the game. Konami's press booklet for the game contains Shinkawa art depicting several other characters, including a long-haired soldier cradling a baby with one hand and holding a katana in the other, and a mysterious-looking woman shrouded in a body-length cloak and hood. No specific story details were discussed, but we'll sure be glad to chase down that damn Ocelot and settle the matters left unresolved at the end of MGS2.
I thought that was Raiden with the katana and a broken arm, but he is carrying a child, my theory right now is that you will probably play as Raiden in the game and his mission will be to save Olga's child. The cloaked woman still looks like Olga to me.. Another thing I just noticed, the character that looks like Solidus is naked, and has Big Boss' eyepatch..is he brought back to life, maybe?

Last edited by TtTackler; May 17th, 2005 at 08:37 PM..
Old May 18th, 2005, 08:11 AM   #8
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
https://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventur...ml?tag=mp_num1 check that funny video out, really good, ps2 graphics.
Old May 18th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #9
the_spoiler

the_spoiler is on a distinguished road
Wow so kojima is back on board! i saw in PSM that he said he was done with metal gear and that he was gonna pass it to someone else but i guss he changed his mind.
the_spoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #10
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Lol, man... I love kojima's humor. But yea, I am not buying a MGS game every again on its release, because a better version will be out later on and I will end up buying it because I am a consumer whore.
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #11
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Q & A with God, hideo kojima.

Old May 25th, 2005, 02:35 AM   #12
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I was watching TechTV's (or G4, whatever it's called) coverage of the E3 convention and the girl broadcasting the news for MGS4 said that Kojima would be back to direct the game...and on the Konami website, it said that he will be in charge of game design, production, and direction...damn that Kojima, why don't he just admit he can't stay away?

Anyway, I'm very curious about the storyline and the cast of characters. I'm very happy that Meryl will be back, but like Tt said, what's the real point of bringing her back now? Regardless, she looks much older and tougher, which is good. That guy with the eyepatch could possibly be Solidus, but he looks so thin (very unlike MGS2) and his body-build isn't quite the same as the other two brothers.

Anyway, very excited about this along with MGS3: Subsistance.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #13
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

I read a thing on IGN about the characters and theories they have of what their involvement in MGS4 could possibly be. And the one that looks like Solidus is interesting. If you connect the dots, Solidus is obviously Big Boss's and Eva's love child from that one night of fun they had. In the IGN article, they talk about the character as being Big Boss, and never mention the possibility of it being Solidus. The eye patch was confusing me, in a conversation with my friend about it, he mentioned that Solidus was wearing an eyepatch because he injured his eye during the Harrier Jet boss fight. I havn't played MGS2 in a couple years, so could anyone confirm this, as I don't really remember him ever having an eye-patch or anything in MGS2..

Also, their explaination of the child in Raiden's arm makes more sense than my theory. At the end of MGS2, you find out Rose is pregnant, so it could be Raiden's child that he is holding. And Olga's child would probably be older than the one that Raiden is holding.

Last edited by TtTackler; May 25th, 2005 at 08:42 PM..
Old May 26th, 2005, 01:08 AM   #14
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

yes tt, solidus lost one of his eyes during the harrier battle.

and i dont know about solidus being BB and evas child. wasnt big boss sterile, due to the Bikini Atoll testing.

Last edited by Vic Viper; May 26th, 2005 at 01:09 AM..
Old May 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #15
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Solidus must be. He can't be a clone, because in MGS Liquid says Snake and himself were the only embryos kept alive, the rest were 'thrown out'. Not to mention Solidus is much older than Liquid and Snake, his age fits perfectly to the time when he was concieved, to that special night. And Solidus looks more like Big Boss than Solid and Liquid do themselves.
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #16
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Well for those who are wondering who the cloaked women is, it might be Naomi Hunter from MGS1. Naked man presumed to be Big Boss. Baby in Raiden's arms is a toss up between Olga's child and Rosemary so they're not too sure about that. They even had an article on an interview with Hideo Kojima but he wouldnt confirm some of the people we are questioning. Today I read info from my psm magazine that I just got in the mail. They have full articles on MGS4, MGS3: Subsistence, and Metal Gear AC!D squared, its not two, if you notice the two is raised up. MGS 3: Subsistence is something I'll be lookin forward to. I got my cousin MGS 3 for christmas. After I bought it I noticed the online label on the cover. I was like wow I didnt know you can play online. I was all happy and told my cousin when he opened his gift. He was excited, only to find out, the online thing is to download stuff. I felt bad so Im thinking that when MGS 3: Subsistence comes out I'll get it for him. Hes a huge MGS fan and is really good at the game. He helps me out when I play. Ok getting off topic... Sorry about that. Im not sure what else to write. Im sure you all are pretty well informed about everything.
Old May 30th, 2005, 01:59 AM   #17
Vulcan Raven
Spiritual Shaman

Vulcan Raven is on a distinguished road
well they never actually show solidus as dead after his fall after solidus and raidens final katana battle...and if so he could be brought back the way or simillarly as gray fox/ninga. But it would be cooler if big boss was brought back. the question is, would would his role even be, what would his reasons be or what side would he be on. Oh..too many questions i need answered. Kojjima, hurry up!

Also, good news with mgs 3: subsistance, that was my wish come true with the mg remakes.
And Is Subsistance a typo or a sequel kind of name for mgs2's substance??
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #18
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara
But yea, I am not buying a MGS game every again on its release, because a better version will be out later on and I will end up buying it because I am a consumer whore.
gah i feel the same way...hopefully the subsistence price be discounted or somethn
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 05:55 AM   #19
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
Solidus must be. He can't be a clone, because in MGS Liquid says Snake and himself were the only embryos kept alive, the rest were 'thrown out'.
It's always possible that Liquid was misguided, in fact it's pretty certain that Ocelot was always leading him on (Ocelot says in the post-credit outro of MGS1 that Liquid believed until his death that he was the "inferior" brother, when the opposite was true). The whole background to his existance may have been taught to him by Ocelot, who's agenda specifically involved covering up the existence of Solidus ("They still don't know about the third brother, Solidus").

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
And Solidus looks more like Big Boss than Solid and Liquid do themselves.
That would be grounds to claim that it is Solidus who is the clone, and Solid / Liquid are biological. Natural reproduction isn't quite as good as making you look identical to your father as Cloning is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REChick14
Well for those who are wondering who the cloaked women is, it might be Naomi Hunter from MGS1. Naked man presumed to be Big Boss. Baby in Raiden's arms is a toss up between Olga's child and Rosemary so they're not too sure about that.
I think that cloaked woman does look like Naomi... Naked Man... needs to put some clothes on. (Actually, "Naked"? Perhaps that's a specific hint as to who this guy is...).And am I the only one who cannot see this baby that everyone is refering to? Looks to me that he's got a broken arm, not a child. Oh and Meryl got ugly ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by REChick14
and Metal Gear AC!D squared, its not two, if you notice the two is raised up.
That's probably just a typographical choice, like Half-Life 2. Even if it is called "Squared", people will stubornly call it "two" anyway.
Edit: The official site refers to it as ""Metal Gear Ac!d 2"" anyway.

Last edited by kupoartist; May 31st, 2005 at 05:58 AM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #20
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist

That would be grounds to claim that it is Solidus who is the clone, and Solid / Liquid are biological. Natural reproduction isn't quite as good as making you look identical to your father as Cloning is.
I should have explained it more in detail. Solidus looks more like Big Boss because he is older [due to when he would have been conceived, during that night], while Solid and Liquid are like younger versions of Big Boss. Although Solid is older now too, it seems.