Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 27th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #1
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry Phobias

After reading some of the newer posts in the Supernatural thread, I started to think about phobias (and of course; ghosts do frighten me ).

Phobias can be a really terrible thing, as some of may know. Depending on what type of phobia, they can not only be a bothersome glitch you have to deal with, but ultimately interefere with your everyday life.

Phobias can range from the massive fear of spiders to the fear of people, but in the end, to the given individual, they're just as equaly intolerable.

So, anyway, do you guys have any "phobias" ? If not a complete phobia, is there anything that really creeps you out ?

For me, I have to admit that I'm terrified of spiders. Yes, I know; "err", but man, I just freak out ! And really, it's not the typical girly thing of, " Oh, my ! Eeek !", but sometimes I just completely freeze, as if I were mortified. They're just awful .
Another thing is that I have a bit of a mirror phobia going on, especially mirrors at night (and there's a story behind this).
I guess this has to do a lot with the fact that when I was in elementary school, we used to play "Bloody Marry" and I would freak out. It was nothing at first, but then the fright was unbearable. I know it's bizarre... *sigh* Heh, there's this mirror directly ahead of my bead (so that if I sit up, I can see myself) and sometimes I have to cover it or I don't sleep.

Yep, I'm lame, and I'm scared of stupid things (oh, and even 'till this day, I do not carry a pocket mirror anywhere >.>; )

OH! And I'm scared of the dark (and lastly, I'm Digiphobic) .

So, that's me and my "fears". What about yours ?
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 12:01 AM   #2
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Well im with you on that spiders......*shivers* those things creep me out. Harmless or not when i see one im running like a speeding bullet man
i also have a phobia of open doors at night when i sleep. Its odd whenever a door is open when i sleep i just feel uneasy like and very nervous its something i have had all my life. I stopped being afraid of the dark until the age of a 11 yeah im a sissy boy
but there are mine
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 12:24 AM   #3
SplinterJD

SplinterJD is on a distinguished road
Re: Phobias

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

So, that's me and my "fears". What about yours ?
I don't have any fears. I'm fearless. Seriously I can't think of anything i'm afraid of.

Last edited by SplinterJD; Jun 28th, 2003 at 12:30 AM..
SplinterJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 08:20 AM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Re: Phobias

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

For me, I have to admit that I'm terrified of spiders. Yes, I know; "err", but man, I just freak out ! And really, it's not the typical girly thing of, " Oh, my ! Eeek !", but sometimes I just completely freeze, as if I were mortified. They're just awful .
I never knew you're afraid of spiders! I say that because I am too...and like you, I just stand there petrified like some dumb-a$$ until I get to my senses and call someone to kill it. Okay, so now I know 3 people on here who are afraid of spiders...
Another one of my fears, which is probably quite stupid, is dolls. Especially porcelain or Japanese dolls. For those porcelain dolls, I fear the frozen face and the glassy eyes. I'm probably afraid of this because I believe that spirits/souls can enter them. As for the Japanese ones, I fear them because there's a belief that when an evil spirit enters a Japanese doll, the hair grows longer every day. I think depending on who owns or keeps the doll at the moment is the victim and when the hair reaches a certain "point" that's when the life is taken.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 09:18 AM   #5
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
i'm scared of clowns, midgets, bearded women and anything else circus related.

digimortal
- spiders are cool mena, they eat flies which means they are cool..see look..

*edited

https://naturecenter.ci.manchester.ct...rtoon-grey.gif

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jun 28th, 2003 at 10:35 AM..
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:04 AM   #6
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
That wasn't very friendly digi. but anyway, i have homophobia. It isn't an anti-homosexual attitude, because i have a few gay friends, and i'm ok with it. It is just that i get petrified when a gay guy hits on me, or really freaked if something else happens. One time, i was at a friend's party, sitting on the couch, and this guy flashed me. I turned my head to see his D$%^ like two feet away from me. I froze, then curled up into a ball on the couch and shook for like 15 mins. he tried to "comfort me", and i just swung at him. You know i was freaked cuz i didnt even come close to hitting him, i just swung to make him back off. If it had just been grabbing my ass or something, i probably would have turned pale white and blasted him, but that really got me scared.

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #7
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Digimortal, yours was a mean mean and cruel post! I'm the fourth person here scared to death when she sees a spider, so I can't even edit your post to save meryl, Mena and Beretta (and myself)! Would you please hide these horrible disgusting creatures, at least using a link to show the images, please?! If you don't want, I'll ask some other person to edit the link for me, and for other spiders' loathers as well

Other thing that scares me to death is wind. I have to close all windows vert carefully in case wind strts blowing, when I sleep, and there's no way you can force me to go out in the balcony or in the street when there's a slightly strong wind. This phobia is pretty recent though. I don't think it's older than 5 or 6 years.

I can't think of other phobias at the moment, I'm very upset for the spiders' pictures ...
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:30 AM   #8
Infernal Mass
pariah

but spiders are peaceful creatures Fortune..

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #9
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I've looked at them a lot of times in my life, trust me, and they're the only animal that really creeps me out and disgusts me at the same time. I can look at any other disgusting animal without being so much scared. It's not because some of them are dangerous (poison etc...), it's just the animal itself. I can't even kill them because of it. You know, it bothers me. It's something inexplicable, that's what is called phobia. I'm sure psychologists have some explanation for this fear, but really, they make me feel uncomfortable. I often dream of spiders when I'm sick, just to make an example...

There are people who feel the same about mice, snakes, dogs, frogs or whatever. I don't think telling them "Look at it, it's sweet and nice! And peaceful!" will make them change their ideas...
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:58 AM   #10
Infernal Mass
pariah

i use to be afraid of spiders when i was little. I overcame the fear though when i was like 8..

one morning i was watching television and had dozed off and woke up to find a black widow crawling across my chest. I didn't have a shirt on so it felt like i had a itch on my chest but was moving really slow.. wicked looking spider, pretty good sized one too..anyway i froze. Then i just tried not to make any real big movements..grabbed a little throw pillow nearby and brushed it off. I didn't kill it though even after that i kept it in a little jar for about half a day showed my friends and let it go. After that i wasn't scared of spiders anymore.

Isn't there somekind of therapy like that where people confront there fears..i think it's called "exposure therapy".

hey,

Maybe they can help you with your fear of wind Fortune, they can put you in one of those tunnels and have you fly around.

just joking fears are serious matters..

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 11:54 AM   #11
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Spiders ... ... ... I had a funny experience with one a few weeks ago I was studying for my exames when I look down and there is this big ass spider climbing up the front of my shirt, I jumped like 5 feet up... good times.

But my biggest fear would be neddles (medical neddles, not sewing neddles lol)... Your thinking "they dont hurt, whats so bad about them?". But Im damn scared of them, dunno why, I just am. You would think Im dieing or something after I had to get one... its odd... I wonder what its phobia name is.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #12
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Fortune

Digimortal, yours was a mean mean and cruel post! I'm the fourth person here scared to death when she sees a spider, so I can't even edit your post to save meryl, Mena and Beretta (and myself)!
Oh! You're afraid of spiders too, Fortune? Oh man...well...that makes 4 people I know...

Quote:
I've looked at them a lot of times in my life, trust me, and they're the only animal that really creeps me out and disgusts me at the same time.
Yes! That's probably what it is for me as well! God, I especially hate those fat, hairy, tarantulas that grow to the size of a dinner plate! *froths at the mouth*

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiMortal

Isn't there somekind of therapy like that where people confront there fears..i think it's called "exposure therapy".
Yeah, something like that. You go and confront your fears by first looking at pictures, then proceeding to....touching your phobia (or going to the location if you fear heights) and other things.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 02:39 PM   #13
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Spiders, im terryfied of them, im so scared when I see one, its worst when you see one moving fast OR slow, they are horrible, I wish they become extinced!
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 04:45 PM   #14
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

I'm not really afraid of spiders, im just very jumpy about things crawling on me that i dont know about. I won't mind picking up a spider, as long as its non-poisionous, cuz i can keep an eye on it, but if it drops on me, i will jump, knock it off, and kill it. I hate it cuz there is a spider nest somewhere where i cant get to, so there are a whole bunch of spiders that drop on me in the shower. as long as i know that they are coming, spiders don't "bug" me, but any creepy crawlies i dont know about make me squirm.

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 06:13 PM   #15
omni vengeance
The No-Life King

omni vengeance is on a distinguished road
I have a phobia of:

Gay people
Short people
Carnies
Hairy women

Thanks Eli for the sig and av ^_^
omni vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 06:42 PM   #16
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by omni vengeance
Hairy women

Me too, I wont touch them.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 07:02 PM   #17
omni vengeance
The No-Life King

omni vengeance is on a distinguished road
Well, someone that shares the same horrors as me ^_^

Thanks Eli for the sig and av ^_^
omni vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #18
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
Im afraid of Spiders...a lot. Leeches too, very much. Anything that sticks on you thats alive, i hate and i just chill and i can even faint. I also hate open doors at night, i hate turning off all the lights and heading to my room, i kinda feel weak to the point where i can just fall. Im afraid of spirits, ghosts, afraid of graveyards. I fn hate Horror movies because i cant sleep, and even after 5 years i cant get images off my head. I'm afraid of gay people that talk to me *horrid experience you dont want to know about* I'm afraid of change too. I dont know, im pretty much afraid of anything...but i try to keep sanity.
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 08:12 PM   #19
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

hairy women *brrrr* yuk... but with the short people thing, i wouldn't be able to be afraid of short people, cuz id be terrified to walk down the street! or do you mean midgets? Almost everyone's short to me, so ya gotta clarify.

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #20
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
Im tall too. i dont know, i can see a midget in TV, i cant really see a midget walk past me because ill be kinda disgusted, even more if we comunicate. I dont know...
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote