Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Nov 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #1
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Wii getters?

I've had a great ebay victory today my friends... Nintendo Wii shall be mine....bundled with a wii system(sports included*), a 1 year warranty, Twilight Princess, CoD3, and the nunchuk....all under the price of the 60gig ps3.....though I will be getting a ps3 as well(just next semester when i can pay for it myself) I felt I could go back to ym nintendo roots....and another plus, backwards compatability with the Gamecube so I don't have to buy a cube just to play wind waker now!

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #2
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I'll be getting a Nintendo Wii, I talked about it in JJ's PS3 camping topic. The line-up for the Wii around here is pretty mild according to what my father told me when he returned home. There is eighteen people or so lined up at our nearest Wal-Mart (walk two minutes to the left of the store and you reach neighborhoods so it's understandable there's a lot of people there because of it's walking distance.) While there is basically nobody at our Targets, Circuit Cities, Other Wal-Mart’s and Best Buys. I think there is about three people at a Best Buy so the chances of me getting one at a Wal-Mart midnight launch or in the morning at a place like target is pretty great.

But congrats on your Wii purchase. I have to wait till Christmas on mine, despite standing in line and being able to get it at midnight or Sunday morning, them’s the breaks.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #3
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
I have to wait for mine as well...th eonly stipulation for getting mine

IT'S MYSPACE!
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Well, my sister and I just got back from the 3 Wal-marts and it was a no-go. Each store only had 20 units and there were already people lined up (and this one Asian kid that we knew...I knew we'd bump into someone *sigh*)...we tried to wait it out and see if maybe, just maybe, we'd get one but we got too impatient. This one girl said that more units would be available by Thursday, so my sister will trek out then. Unfortunately, they wouldn't allow anyone to buy the games until midnight and, sorry, I just don't have the time. What sucks is that they had "Trauma Center" but not "Twilight Princess."

BTW, congrats RobH for snagging one off Ebay. That's a really great deal too; hope you enjoy it!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #5
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Meryl did Wal-Mart flat out not have Legend Of Zelda at all? I bet they probably sold out. Since everyone and their dog wants that game, I ALMOST didn't get one at the midnight Wal-Mart launch but more on that later. I will now regale you with my Wii line story, prepare to be amazed, shocked, surprised, and perhaps have fun at my expense.

I left my house at around 1:45 PM after doing some homework. I left to scope out the situation of places and see how the line for the Wii was. Well I arrived at the second closet Wal-Mart at 2 PM and there were 18 people in line, I stood in the line while my mom went to check how many units they had. She came back and they had twenty units, with maybe more on the way but those units never showed just the original twenty. We decided to stay in line and she left to get me some food to make the wait more bearable. A guy showed up ten minutes later and secured the twenty spot, he was there earlier in the morning and only saw twelve in line and didn’t think it’d get that bad, he was wrong. Him and the guy in front of me we became good friends out of the experience. Aaron who was number twenty in line and Ryan who was eighteen in line, we talked about videogame related things, anime, the madness of the PS3 launch and the talk of us hoping it not happening to us. Aaron then went and bought a monopoly board game and we played that for five hours until Ryan won, the punk monopolized the hell out of everything and no matter where you went you would land on a hotel of his.

The wait was long and sore since sitting in wooden chairs gets irritating on the body after a while. My mom stayed with me right around until seven and then my dad came and replaced her at 9:30 and we just kept waiting till the midnight launch. At around ten we all shuffled inside and the guy who showed up at 8 AM to be first in line started writing up all our numbers and gave them to us, so we make sure who is who and that nobody cuts in unfairly. More time passed and it seemed antagonizing, you’d think at least half an hour pass you look at your watch or clock on your phone and it’s only been five minutes, it was a bitch.

At around eleven one of the guys in line came down to everyone and said “you down for doing the Conga line down to the Wii line?” It was hilarious and I of course accepted the chance to make a public spectacle of myself. The wait got bigger and bigger, a lot of us made jokes I said “I wonder what a couch feels like” and some people laughed since we were either sitting in uncomfortable chairs or standing for at least ten hours, some were here even longer then that like the guy who showed up at eight AM. The time had come and they brought us down but they got us their ten minutes until street date so the waiting was just more intense. Oddly though the line doubled in around this time, Wal-Mart was only getting twenty and there were at least twenty or thirty more people behind us. Myself and twenty other people were in line mostly the entire day, some people showed up but left when finding about the release numbers. A guy who was 21st I felt sorry for, he waited JUST as long as us and didn’t get one. But it seems he knew a guy in line and they were brothers or something so he’ll still get to play the system which makes me happy, since he damn well deserves a system for roughing it out. And for those that care we never did the Conga line…I know it breaks my heart too.

But the line moved relatively slow, thirty minutes had pass since twelve when Ryan, Aaron and Myself finally got there, the final three. Some guys behind us were grumbling all pissed off even though they showed up at around 11-11: 30 PM which means they had NO chance. Some were making threats and saying they would “knock out our legs with crowbars and steal them” another said, “The Italian in me says we tackle who leave the store and take them.” It was really, really said. If anything the guy who was twenty one in line and was there a long time had EVERY right to be angry but he kept his cool and didn’t make threats or act out of line, so I hope he gets one soon.

Then me and my buddies got to the line, Ryan got Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball, I got Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Call Of Duty 3, I’ve already previously gotten Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Red Steel, Marvel Ultimate: Alliance and Rayman: Raving Rabbids so I only needed those two. Aaron just got Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess as well, which is really all you need since I mean come on…It’s Zelda if you gotta get something make it Zelda.
The funny thing is and I mentioned it at the start of this post me and Aaron almost didn’t get Zelda. They were running out of copies and we were worried the five or six people in front of us would take the remaining two left. Well a lady came out and pulled out like eight Zelda’s out of a sack and Aaron and myself let out a huge sigh of relief since it’s the game we were gunning for, it’s all he was getting so it’s good he got one too. Aaron told the lady "I love you" she and people in line laughed.

Then my father, Ryan and myself waited for Aaron to get his and we all walked out together, Aaron gave Ryan a lift to his car and my dads truck was not far off. We shook hands and we said our goodbyes, I hope I see those guys again since they were awesome and made the experience very nice.

I got my Wii and I’m happy and it was worth it. I’m recovering from the cold, I smell like the street and my back hurts from the wooden chair I had but for the system, the people I met, the friends I made and the general light hearted and joking atmosphere of the launch made it one of the coolest experiences ever. More launch line-ups should be like this, not a mob mentality that some people were susceptible too in other states, this is an experience I’ll never forget, it was just awesome. I think JJ will agree with my sentiments if he reads all this.

Sorry for the length of this but that was my entire launch line-up experience hope it wasn’t too boring. Now I’ll probably be going to bed soon, I feel spent.

Last edited by Beretta55; Nov 19th, 2006 at 02:40 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
Meryl did Wal-Mart flat out not have Legend Of Zelda at all? I bet they probably sold out. Since everyone and their dog wants that game, I ALMOST didn't get one at the midnight Wal-Mart launch but more on that later.
Yes, they flat out had no Zeldas...and I'm assuming because the game was still in the trucks in transit to our retarded town. The first place we went to, they wouldn't allow the games to be sold until midnight along with the release of the unit (because apparently they're so stupid they can't handle the two different things). The second place we went to, the games were in the glass display cases but they only had Trauma Center and not Zelda...my sister would've bought Trauma but there were no employees around and those who were around looked so lazy and irritating that we were just like "forget this." The final one we went to had the same situation: Trauma Center no Zelda, lazy annoying employees. If the game were nearly sold out I'd be a little more understanding but like I said, it's likely the shipment hasn't arrived yet or they're too friggin' lazy to display it because the teenager/college employees simply find their jobs of standing around and joking with each other just *too* overwhelming.

Anyways, that was an interesting story Beretta. I would've never been able to become buddies with the people in line with me because I simply, sorry to sound mean, see no point in it...I'm more of a "get in, get out, no nonsense" sort of person (not the mob mentality stuff just...no need to make friends in a situation like this). This woman was trying to get all friendly with me and my sister in line just because we were the only 2 girls and all I could think was "Go away" BTW, I can't believe they made you guys wait outside...the Wii line in all 3 Wal-marts were in the Lawn and Garden section of the store, which was inside. So the people in line around here didn't have to freeze their butts off, lol.

But I'm very happy you got the Wii, man. Congrats!

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Nov 19th, 2006 at 03:45 AM..
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #7
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Those are some interesting stories and yes the experience and the people was very cool. It was some good fun, and although I know I will never see most of those people again, I still laugh when I think about how I could be walking through the mall and someone yell HEY 4! and Ill look around to see 2 and 3 waving. lol good times.

Congrats to those who got their systems, and the games they wanted. I to am planning to pick up a wii, but probably after christmas, Id like to knock of the price of the wii from my CC before I put the Wii on there

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #8
RobHardo

i just found out my seller is giving me Ultimate alliance as well!

IT'S MYSPACE!
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #9
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

My sister went out to pick up the 2 Wii games (Zelda and Trauma) and she asked the employee at Toys R Us when they might get the next shipment in. The guy told her probably next Thursday or every weekend but most especially during X-mas. Of course, while this news is good and all, if my sister doesn't make it there in time, the new shipments would be sold out quickly too...

Quick question: Does the Wii already come with the nunchuk or do you have to get it separately?

You Can Help

Old Nov 20th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #10
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
yes it has a nunchuck included, meryl.

here are pictures of every thing you'll get.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 01:04 AM   #11
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
yes it has a nunchuck included, meryl.

here are pictures of every thing you'll get.
Domo. That's good news too because when my sister gets her Wii, she's going to have only a little to spare for an extra controller and nunchuck for me..."Player 2."

You Can Help

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 02:24 AM   #12
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Well I'll be posting my Wii impressions if anybody cares.

So far I've only played Call Of Duty 3 and Wii Sports, I haven't even taken the factory wrapping off Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess yet. It's the first Wii game I wanted to play after getting accustomed to the controls in Wii sports but I have a ton of biology and crap to do so I'm sticking to playing COD3 in short spurts with the occasional Wii boxing. If I played LOZ: TP I'd play it for ten hours without even noticing, I love me some Zelda.

My impressions are positive the only thing is the obvious learning curve, especially on an FPS like COD3. As someone who has been playing FPS games on game pads since inception it takes sometime to get use to it. The controls in COD3 for the most part are responsive, I rarely have to do an action two or three times to make it register. However the nunchuck motion of reloading your weapon where you jab your nunchuck up and then down hardly ever works, better to just use the button assigned to reloading so you don't get shot. Then the motion for throwing a grenade is an over hand throw is kind of unwieldy, it works but you also have to release your grip on the left d-pad on the wiimote, so again it's just better to stick to the button.

But everything else like motioning the nunchuck left or right to switch your weapon works great, aiming is awesome but is never steady. Unless you have rock solid hands the gun and aim will move a bit but I find this to be realistic, soldiers under fire and stress in a war aiming would not be perfect and without moving the sights like the 360 counterpart does. So its a nice bit of realism if you ask me. I also love the melee option now, I use it a lot I never really cared to do it much in COD2 unless I caught someone unawares. You jab the wiimote foreword and you deliver a quick rifle butt hit to someone’s dome, it's really satisfying.

Another cool feature that is new to COD3 for all platforms but more unique for the Wii is unexpected close quarter combat sequences. Your gun is knock out of your hands and you have a tug of war with a Nazi's weapon. You turn the nunchuck and wiimote on their sides and then jab in a one two combo until you get the hold of it. Then once you do you jab the wiimote and nunchuck at the same time to the bottom right to deliver a killing blow to the soldier, it's neat once you get the hang of how to do it. They also had a short segment in the game where you and your squad get into a boat to get somewhere else, it's interactive so as the boat is moving you are mimicking rowing with the nunchuck and wiimote all while under fire.

I'm glad I bought the Wii version instead of the planned 360 version. The 360 version might have better polish and graphics but the controls for the Wii version really suck me into the game and make me feel like an actual soldier in a nerve racking battle field. My aim is never steady so I'm always adjusting it to get that perfect head shot and I storm in with a machine gun and fire from the hip in a wild fashion and kill three soldiers inside with the move. It just feels more intense and like an actual fight with the Wiimote, it's awesome. The graphics are still really good though, they may not be 360 or PS3 levels but it's polished and clear, soldiers animate realistically, good lip-synching. So the hit in the graphics department is really not that severe. My only complaint is that your arms will get tired if you REALLY get into this game like I do. My arms are all over the place firing and meleeing soldiers, simple wrist flicks are all that’s required but that's not as fun, I really get into playing Wii games.

Wii sports is good for what it is, a nice introductory tool to what the system is about and how it controls. My favorite sports are baseball, boxing and tennis. Golf is fun but the controls for it aren't perfect and bowling is good as well but the ball always seems to slightly go to the left and hardly ever straight. I know you can adjust where it goes by twisting the wiimote but I roll with the wiimote always safe so it's kind of annoying that it keeps going to the left like that. I did get my parents into the system though, my dad seriously loved Wii baseball since we use to play baseball games back in the day on SNES and he absolutely loved swinging the Wiimote to hit the ball. He said he would even spring for a baseball game and an extra wiimote just to play it. So I really do believe Nintendo is doing a good job with the Wii, they got my mom and dad interested in gaming again when they haven't touched a system since the NES and SNES days, the uncomplicated control scheme will be easier for them then remember what ten buttons do on a normal game pad.

But I'm impressed with the system a lot the learning curve is a little steep but once you get the hang of things you'll have a blast. The system gives me that sense of wonder and excitement of doing something completely new when Nintendo introduced themselves on the gaming market long ago on NES, the Nintendo Wii is a great effort on their part and I'm excited to see how farther it will go.

I also can't wait to play Twilight Princess I seriously just want to go open it right now and play till morning, but I have school responsibilities.

Meryl be sure to tell me how Trauma Center is once you get the system. I won’t be getting it until Christmas I know for sure I’ll love it since I’m a huge fan of the DS version but I’m interested to see what they did with the Wii version.

Last edited by Beretta55; Nov 21st, 2006 at 02:28 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 02:53 AM   #13
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
Meryl be sure to tell me how Trauma Center is once you get the system. I won’t be getting it until Christmas I know for sure I’ll love it since I’m a huge fan of the DS version but I’m interested to see what they did with the Wii version.
Will do, unless someone else on here beats me to it.

You Can Help

Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #14
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Thumbs up "Wii" got it

Hooray! My sister finally got herself a Wii. We both didn't expect to get one so fast but that's probably because she got it unexpectedly...

This customer of ours from our old restaurant comes in and eats at our new place...so he's a regular (but I don't like him because he's married to a Japanese woman and now he thinks he's the authority on all things Japan...). He happened to see my sister playing her DS about a couple of months ago and started chatting with her about games and stuff (which was nerve-wrecking for her because she doesn't play games so now she regrets ever playing her DS that day ). He tells her that he doesn't have a Wii either and has been calling retailers everyday to see if they get it in stock (I feel sorry for the retailers).

Last Friday, he came in and told my sister that our Best Buy would get a shipment of Wiis on Wednesday and asked her if she'd like one because he'll buy it for her and she said yes. When Wednesday arrive, he was too late so he didn't get one. But then...

...today, he went to the next "large" town for business and he decided to check some of the stores there. Lo and behold, this one shop had 8 Wiis in stock! So he picked one up for himself and my sister.

So yes, she has one. We're planning on playing a little tonight but must take turns because we don't have an extra wand. I didn't expect the thing to be so heavy....now all I have to do is save up $$$ to get mine....

Just thought I'd share.

You Can Help