Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Sports And Racing

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 08:02 PM   #1
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Arrow N4spd Hs2

Well Yes, Its Need For Speed High Stakes 2. I Have The Video Of It. And Its Beautiful.

Although....Many Need For Speed Games Havn't Been The Best Ones Especially On Playstation. STILL I Have Gotten All Of Em. May Be Because Need For Speed Was My FIRST Ever Racing GAME On The Computer Back In 1995.

This Game Looks Amazing. But I Do Get A Feeling That It Wont Be AT ITS Best. Like ALL The Other Need For Speeds. But Still. Is Anyone Excited About This Game?

I Am Gonna Buy This One Too. I Will.......... I Love Exotic Cars!.! I Love Running Away From COPS In Exotic Cars!.! ............... And I Love Watching Car's Videos Directed Especially For Need For Speed.

By The Way. Need For Speed 2 Had One Of The BEST Starting EVER In A VideoGame. IMO
Old Sep 15th, 2002, 08:46 PM   #2
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Arrow I Know......

I Know Double Posting Is Not Allowed Here, But No One Has Replied To This THREAD

And I Just Played NFSHP2 Demo.... And Man Its AMAZING. WOW. Its A TRUE Arcade GAME. With Slow Motion JUMPS And Other Options On Which The CAMERA Turns All AROUND Your CAR With Slow Motion ACTION Showing U All SIDES Of Your CAR.

And Then Theres Another OPTION Where It'll SHOW U The UPCOMING TRACK, To TELL U The TURNS And Curves U'll Be GETTING LATER

ITs AMAZING
I Love This DEMO And I Am 100% Sure Buying THIS Beauty!.!
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 02:39 PM   #3
Daniel Legge
Dark Horse

Daniel Legge is on a distinguished road
i aggree, bty iv played it as well and i think its ace

The true master only engages the worthy opponent!
Daniel Legge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2002, 10:40 PM   #4
Si|ent
Si|ent So|dier

Si|ent is on a distinguished road
Yea this game most definitly looks great.
Si|ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 02:36 AM   #5
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
my experience with Driving games

Driving games were my first love in video games. When I was 9 my brother bought me the original Test Drive (publisher then was Accolade) for the Commodore 64 (C64 now there's a blast from the past.) I was instantly hooked on driving games. I was young then, so real driving was out of the question and probably the fact that i wouldnt drive any of those kinds of cars for real for a long time even if i had my liscense and on top of that doing things with cars like that just plain isnt such a great idea. Just ask my brother who ironically loved that game as well and tried to outrun a cop in real life. He didn't make the first turn in the road and flipped over (he was all right don't worry....if you were worried.)
Anyways, I digress...When i first played Need For Speed for PS1 I was blown away. Then came NFS2 which actually IMO, has been the best in the series so far (even though there were no cops for some reason.) NFS3 Hot Pursuit was a little dissapointing, and NFS High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed were mediocre at best. Meanwhile I really fug Test Drive 4 when it came out n then I moved on to 5...which I think in a way is actually better than 6 and possibly the newest installment for PS2. It's too arcade like and when I crash into a semi head on doing 90 I don't expect the semi to be knocked back 50 feet while my car doesnt even go down to zero. It's missing the suspense of having to avoid crashes (understatement) and that is it's biggest failure. It is a decent Game though and i do enjoy playing it despite its flaws.
I think this move to a more arcade feel in these two classic Driving games is wrong. They weren't GT3 to begin with, but they were real enough that they provide that suspense of driving a car the way you shouldnt (well according to who you talk to I suppose) in real life. Now it feels like the only thing missing is the coinslot. I mean the new TD won't even let you turn off the checkpoint timer.
So then when I discovered Driver way backand I'd have to say that is my favorite driving game series so far, I was blown away. It's missing some elements of the other driving games i love, but it more than makes up for it with it's other features and true to life physics including one of the most important things of all...the rush of avoiding and getting into massive accidents. I've been in a couple scary accidents in real life and let me tell you nothing beats being able to immortalize that sort of thing in a video game.
So yeah, I plan on gettin NHS hot pursuit2 because it probably will kick azz, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up. Actually, I'm probably too picky about it, but for some reason since i"ve enjoyed driving games most of my life I feel like I have the right to describe my ideal one.
OK...sorry I probably bored you guyz...don't think i complain all the time. In fact, i usually don't. Long Live the Driving genre of videogames!!!

Tip: Oh and make sure when you play TD5 you input the name "spurt" after making a record on the dragstrip (turn simulation mode off in the option menu first momentarily...you can change it back after) and the game will become much faster. Otherwise, it's too slow.

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 06:11 AM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
My first Need for Speed game was on the PSone and it was Need for Speed II. I thought the game was very fun and it was my first racing game...I thought the controls were a little....loose, but overall, it was a great game. I then played Need for Speed High Stakes, for the PSone and also liked it. Now, High Stakes 2, I'm really looking forward to. Like Makg, I also enjoy running from the cops...it's a great thrill. This game was crowned as Game of the Month in EGM magazine.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote