Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Sports And Racing

Old Jan 15th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #1
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
Enthusia Professional Racing

Haven't heard much about this game. It's supposed to come out in March. Anybody know if it will be online??

Here's the Gamespot link
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #2
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
Haven't heard much about this game. It's supposed to come out in March. Anybody know if it will be online??

Here's the Gamespot link
Well for me personally if the game doesn't have online support then I wont be much interested in it or probably buyin it, online support is the the number one criteria for me because I need online gamin ability durin the daytime, any time of any day.
The ability to play live players whenever I chose is a must for my entertainment needs, in game play doesn't do it for me much except for some practice time, but, each monkey to their own rope.
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #3
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATT47
Well for me personally if the game doesn't have online support then I wont be much interested in it or probably buyin it, online support is the the number one criteria for me because I need online gamin ability durin the daytime, any time of any day.
The ability to play live players whenever I chose is a must for my entertainment needs, in game play doesn't do it for me much except for some practice time, but, each monkey to their own rope.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the online play. If it weren't for that, TOCA 2 would be just another average game. But the fact that it's online opens up a whole other realm, IMO. All of the sudden you aren't just content to beat the in-game stuff, you see how good people really are and you find yourself practicing and working on setups just to get better and hopefully keep up with those guys.

Another thing it's going to have to have is 900 deg steering. I don't want to race without that anymore, now that I've experienced it.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 02:56 PM   #4
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean about the online play. If it weren't for that, TOCA 2 would be just another average game. But the fact that it's online opens up a whole other realm, IMO. All of the sudden you aren't just content to beat the in-game stuff, you see how good people really are and you find yourself practicing and working on setups just to get better and hopefully keep up with those guys.

Another thing it's going to have to have is 900 deg steering. I don't want to race without that anymore, now that I've experienced it.
The big concern and question I have about online racin games like ToCA is why it doesn't have better stability, the lag at times is frustratin and with as many good connections players have the lag and glitchs should be much more at a minimum IMO.
That's my concern and my question is, when is it all goin to get better?
These game producers are makin tons of bucks off there games and they should be providin much more kick butt servers for consumers to use and depend on, when will this happen?
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #5
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
The big concern and question I have about online racin games like ToCA is why it doesn't have better stability, the lag at times is frustratin and with as many good connections players have the lag and glitchs should be much more at a minimum IMO.
That's my concern and my question is, when is it all goin to get better?
These game producers are makin tons of bucks off there games and they should be providin much more kick butt servers for consumers to use and depend on, when will this happen?
Yeah, we've had some good luck in TOCA at times, but lately it seems like there has been alot of lag. You've got to wonder if they bit off more than they could chew by allowing everybody world wide to play each other?? I don't know. That would make sense if all the other games that just have North American servers worked good, but I can't think of any online game I've played that didn't have some lag.

It definitely stinks to be trying to pass somebody clean while their car looks like it's jumping all over the place.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #6
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Yeah, we've had some good luck in TOCA at times, but lately it seems like there has been alot of lag. You've got to wonder if they bit off more than they could chew by allowing everybody world wide to play each other?? I don't know. That would make sense if all the other games that just have North American servers worked good, but I can't think of any online game I've played that didn't have some lag.

It definitely stinks to be trying to pass somebody clean while their car looks like it's jumping all over the place.
I love the whole idea about online gamin but that one thing about lag has to improve and I don't know why ya don't see more about it on message boards or in magazine articles?
Is it not a big issue with other gamers.
I get sick of seein a car I'm chasin come back towards me in like three big steps disappearin in between each jump then me crashin into the back of the car then it disappears, next I see that same car up ahead of me 5 times further ahead then it was before.

That kind of stuff has to get better or me and others are goin to tire of it, I still say they're makin big bucks so give us some quality kick butt servers or keep the servers to just one country at a time.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #7
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
I love the whole idea about online gamin but that one thing about lag has to improve and I don't know why ya don't see more about it on message boards or in magazine articles?
Is it not a big issue with other gamers.
I get sick of seein a car I'm chasin come back towards me in like three big steps disappearin in between each jump then me crashin into the back of the car then it disappears, next I see that same car up ahead of me 5 times further ahead then it was before.

That kind of stuff has to get better or me and others are goin to tire of it, I still say they're makin big bucks so give us some quality kick butt servers or keep the servers to just one country at a time.
I bet it will get better in the coming months or years. If you really think about it, in the grand scheme of things online gaming is still fairly new and it's really new to the PS2. But, it is starting to get frustrating, because there doesn't seem to be much overall improvement.

That's a good point that you don't read much about lag on message boards or in mags. You'd think you'd read about it all the time.

I think with TOCA 2, maybe people are joining rooms that they don't have good ping times to, and they are causing the lag without even realizing it. It would be nice if those rooms wouldn't even show up, if that would cut down on the lag.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #8
Drafter-T
Dialed In

There's an updated "hands-on" at Gamespot and still no mention of online play. Guess it's safe to say it won't be online? Sounds like it could be a good game though.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #9
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
There's an updated "hands-on" at Gamespot and still no mention of online play. Guess it's safe to say it won't be online? Sounds like it could be a good game though.
Ya know for some reason I remember seein somethin about online play in one of the previews I saw, XBox is goin to support up to 8 players I think and I hope I'm wrong but it seems I remember where 2 players would be supported on PS2?
Cool if it's online but not to cool if in fact that is the fact, as we've experienced 2 on 2 is okey fo a while, but it gets borin in time.
I hope they do right by us PS2 users and give us online support and at least 4-6 players.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #10
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Ya know for some reason I remember seein somethin about online play in one of the previews I saw, XBox is goin to support up to 8 players I think and I hope I'm wrong but it seems I remember where 2 players would be supported on PS2?
Cool if it's online but not to cool if in fact that is the fact, as we've experienced 2 on 2 is okey fo a while, but it gets borin in time.
I hope they do right by us PS2 users and give us online support and at least 4-6 players.
Well, if you go to Gamepost and look at the "tech info" it doesn't say anything about online play and it says "offline 2 player split screen" or something like that.

Maybe the xbox version is online and PS2 isn't? I don't know. Looks like we'd know by now if it was online. It's getting awful close to release date, 6 weeks or so .

[edit] Just looked at Gamespot and it doesn't look like there is an xbox version...

Last edited by Drafter-T; Jan 29th, 2005 at 09:46 AM..
Drafter-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:23 AM   #11
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Well, if you go to Gamepost and look at the "tech info" it doesn't say anything about online play and it says "offline 2 player split screen" or something like that.

Maybe the xbox version is online and PS2 isn't? I don't know. Looks like we'd know by now if it was online. It's getting awful close to release date, 6 weeks or so .

[edit] Just looked at Gamespot and it doesn't look like there is an xbox version...
I just noticed there was a thread at kiddy land LOL that was discussin info on the racin game for xbox but it didn't sound like a factual article?

I dinno, looks like a good game but without online support I just don't want to stockpile games without it, they're fun but why on earth wouldn't any new game with the potential for online action not include it?
It's a mystery to me
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #12
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
I just noticed there was a thread at kiddy land LOL that was discussin info on the racin game for xbox but it didn't sound like a factual article?

I dinno, looks like a good game but without online support I just don't want to stockpile games without it, they're fun but why on earth wouldn't any new game with the potential for online action not include it?
It's a mystery to me
Kiddie Land! LMAO!

I think I saw the thread you were talking about and some guy replied saying the graphics look as good as xbox graphics or something. Not sure where you got the 8 player thing from though. Can you post a link to that maybe?

If the game's good enough, I'll buy it even without online play, but it sure would be nice to have it. There's something about racing games that if you can't compete with real people, you just don't seem to get as good at the game as you can. You need that competition to keep you going.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #13
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Kiddie Land! LMAO!

I think I saw the thread you were talking about and some guy replied saying the graphics look as good as xbox graphics or something. Not sure where you got the 8 player thing from though. Can you post a link to that maybe?

If the game's good enough, I'll buy it even without online play, but it sure would be nice to have it. There's something about racing games that if you can't compete with real people, you just don't seem to get as good at the game as you can. You need that competition to keep you going.
How stupid I am! I tell ya havin that birthday a few days ago did nothin for my attention span

All this time I've been relatin to and thinkin about the Enthuisa game and the thread I had on my little mind was about the Forza Motorsport game for Xbox that maybe comes out in Feb?

Ya gotta cut me some slack dude and understand my condition
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #14
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
How stupid I am! I tell ya havin that birthday a few days ago did nothin for my attention span

All this time I've been relatin to and thinkin about the Enthuisa game and the thread I had on my little mind was about the Forza Motorsport game for Xbox that maybe comes out in Feb?

Ya gotta cut me some slack dude and understand my condition
LOL, no problem. I was kinda wondering what we were talking about!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:25 PM   #15
Drafter-T
Dialed In

The screenshots for this game sure look nice. I've got a strong feeling this game will be in my PS2 not long after release.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 08:51 AM   #16
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
The screenshots for this game sure look nice. I've got a strong feeling this game will be in my PS2 not long after release.
Each monkey to their own rope, for me, no online no racey, I pretty much feel the same about all racin games anymore even GT4, for me personally the final criteria at end of my rope is, is it online.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 09:24 AM   #17
Drafter-T
Dialed In

The only thing that will keep me from getting it, is if it doesn't support 900 deg steering. I don't want to play any more racing games without it.

Of course, if I hear it sux I'll pass on it, but we aren't getting many sim racers these days for some reason, so I definitely want to support the ones we do get, assuming they are worth the dough.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 09:43 AM   #18
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
The only thing that will keep me from getting it, is if it doesn't support 900 deg steering. I don't want to play any more racing games without it.

Of course, if I hear it sux I'll pass on it, but we aren't getting many sim racers these days for some reason, so I definitely want to support the ones we do get, assuming they are worth the dough.
We're just on different sides of the personal gamin needs when it comes to interest probably, me, I just get bored with single player modes in games knowin online is here and I want to enjoy it for the reality of playin with livin folks not bogus brain dead AI

I can enjoy some gamin time with single player games like this Mercs. game we're doin now, it would have been a much better game IMO if they would have just added the online feature to give all gamers somethin they might want but it's a good game as single player shooters go, but when it comes to racin games, for me anyway, if it doesn't have online support and the ability at the drop of the hat to get online and talk with some gamers then I just don't have the interest in the game, but that's just me.
I don't care if it has 900 degree or a seat to sit in LOL

Personally I've never have been a gamer who even keeps a library of games, if I aint playin it I get rid of it and get what I can for it, if it no play it no stay
I treat online games that way also, as far as I'm concerned if I play a game for a good deal of time even though I enjoy it and then a new online game comes out then I know for sure I'll be playin the new one more then the old one and when I get to the point where I don't play the one I was enjoyin before, then it's by by old game LOL