Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jan 31st, 2004, 04:33 PM   #1
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Wink I'm back

Well, it's been a nice long month trip to my fathers home country of Colombia that seemed to have lasted forever. Unfortunately, it didn't last forever even though I wich it could have. Let me tell you guyz, Colombia is truly a beautiful country very very rich in culture containing some of the most wonderful people in the world. THe countryside is also simply breathtaking in a way I can't describe to you right now. I will post links to pictures and I will describe my experience more in this thread if people are curious as I really want to share my experience with others very much.

Also, I brought back the best souvenir I could possibly bring back from Colombia (other than a colombiana ) It's a classical guitar made right in Bucaramunga, Colombia. Perfect for the type of latin music that I have been wanting to learn how to play for some time now. I've already been inspired to start writing music with it...I wrote a large portion of a song the last night I was there. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics of this beauty

Anywayz... it is great to be back and I missed you guys. I hope I did not miss too much while I was gone and if you could all get me up to date about any new members or any goings on with regular members please let me know. I am eager to start participating here again and talking about everything under the sun with you guyz and especially videogames...along with getting back to playing with them, por su puesto!

PAZ!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 06:21 PM   #2
-PSX-
Answers Not Answered

-PSX- is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you had a great time out there and came back with something useful and inspirational. Go for the song...

Hope you did get some of the needed souveneirs.

Slim PS2 Lost Due To Size, If Any Information On How To Find It Please PM
-PSX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 07:26 PM   #3
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Welcome back Red
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 07:36 PM   #4
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Hey you..it's good to know that you had a good time in Colombia...well welcome back and see you on the boards...
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 12:40 AM   #5
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Welcome back my good friend...> i am glad you made it home safe.... give me an IM and i will debrief you on your trip... later

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 06:00 PM   #6
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
YAY REDDY'S BACK!!!!
So glad you had fun!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 06:19 PM   #7
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
hey man, il talk 2 u on AIM my new SN is OmeletteMaster
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 04:28 AM   #8
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Welcome back Red, good to hear you had a great time!

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 04:30 AM   #9
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Welcome back red,glad you had fun too
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:49 PM   #10
fantasytiger
Dark Queen

fantasytiger is on a distinguished road
yaYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy !!!!!! i love when an old member comes back its been pretty dead good to see you back
fantasytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:55 PM   #11
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
welcome back man. i didnt really know that you weer gone since i was busy as hell for the last month and havent been able to access the boards as much as i would like. ( the military is boring now, i am doing nothing but paperwork for the operations sergeant, cuz she doesn't want to do it herself....) oh well, guess ill talk to you later tho man.

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:50 PM   #12
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Welcome back Red, it's good to see you around again. Glad to hear you had fun
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:19 PM   #13
neomarik
Dark Angel Knight

neomarik is on a distinguished road
Welcome back red, hope you had fun

The time for redemption will come, and all shall be condemed forever into darkness.
neomarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 05:56 AM   #14
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Thanks, everyone. It's great to feel so welcome when returning after so long. Now I know I was actually missed Sorry, about the delay in getting the photos up. I'm sure some of you are interested in seeing them. Some have been scanned already, but they were scanned in really dark and I need to fix that.

The famous Bolivar Plaza in Bogota is in one of the photos. My dad and I are standing in front of a rather statuesque statue of Simon Bolivar himself holding a sword up. We were also accompanied by a rather large a mount of pigeons flocking around the ground because the guy with the polaroid camera who was selling photos kept giving us pigeon feed to throw on the ground This was his way of trying to get us to buy more pictures.

For anybody who's interested in some political history about this place we visited:

If you are old enough you may remember seeing something on the news about this particular place where you saw a tank driving right into a building Waco-style. That was a stand-off that goes back to the mid-80's where a drug cartel had stormed the senate and literally took everybody hostage. The military, unlike they would here, did not handle the situation delicately and sent the tank right in and killed all of the cartel members.

There is also a very beautiful cathedral right in the plaza. It would have been to the right of us in that photo. I, myself, am not catholic, but I went in the cathedral and stayed quite a while because it's archatecture and beauty were so mesmorizing. So, knowing that so many people prayed there and had faith when they went there and so much sadness and joy had occurred in that place in a spiritual way for millions of people, I felt very emotional being there and I figured all the faith having been shared in that place shared by fellow human beings might very well have been a very positive thing in it's powerfulness so I prayed while I was there about a lot of things. It felt good when I was done even though I did not know if they had been listened to by anyone in particular or not. But to be able to admit one does not know that is also just as wise as having faith. I felt very good afterwards.

So yeah, my Uncle's farm in just outside a small town in the mountains called Norcasia, was one of the most peaceful places I have spent time in my whole life. Norcasia itself was incredible along with the people. I yearn to go back already. But I will probably have to wait atleast 6 months until this is possible again. It was such a peaceful place. I can't describe to you how at home I felt there, but in a lot of the places I visited in my father's home country I felt more at home there then I do where I live in the United States. And some of the places I saw almost looked familiar to me on a level that was impossible, because I was not born there and had never seen the country before and I had know way of knowing or being prepared for the beauty I was going to behold. Perhaps in a past life I was there? I do not know. But, it was something I will never forget.

I rant too much, sorry. Pictures will be up soon. Look out for them. Later on I hope to run a video stream onto the computer. Short clips from all the footage my aunt took while she has been down there. She will be back up in a month.

I learned many important things people, but the first and foremost I should share with all you is that no matter who you are, you should travel in your life. Try to always find time every now and then to travel to different places in the world. Most importantly, visit the countries your ancestors came from. I t goes a long way towards helping you find yourself as well as learn about the world.

PAZ

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:32 PM   #15
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
One word.. YAY!

Piggle
x x x x

p.s I know Ive spoken to you already but I thought i'd add my little bit!

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:42 PM   #16
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
I'm glad you had such a good experience, Red.

It's one of my dreams to travel to Scotland where my family is from before too long. I think it's really important to know where you've come from and going to a sort of 'mother land' is really valuable toward understanding more about your life.

Also, the guitar you took back seems to be the perfect souvenir out of anything else. What a great memento and a continuing way to remember your roots as well as the experience.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote