Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:52 PM   #1
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Arrow Your Changing Sides Now?

One Of The Best Thing About Metal Gear Is That, We Know That We Are Gonna Get And Hear Some Of The Most Memorable And Amazing Dialogues.

And Thats What The Metal Gear Series Has. MGS1 Had One Of The Most Amazing Script. And Same Goes For MGS2.

I Would Like To Know Which Dialogues Was Ure Fav, The One U Always Remember, Or Like To Hear Again And Again.

It Doesn't Have To Be A Top Notch One. It Could Be Anything.

Like I Like The One In MGS1, Where Snake Says..."If We Make It Through This, I'll Tell You".........Its Just The Way Its Done, It Sounds Beautiful!.!

What About Yours!
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:47 PM   #2
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Its near the end of mgs2 where raiden asks a question and snake resonds."We can because we have no other choice"

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 10:35 PM   #3
MakgSnake

Post Yup I Like It!

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSnake
Its near the end of mgs2 where raiden asks a question and snake resonds."We can because we have no other choice"
I Remember, I Like That Too........ But The One I Loved Was .. When Snake Is Talking To Fortune In The End, And She Is Braging About That She Cant Die Right And Everybody in Her Family Has Died......And Blaming It On Snake. So Snake Says.."You Want Eternal Rest? Ive Got It Right Here" I Couldn't Stop Laughing, Cause The Way He Said It.......Was Sooooo COOL And Extremly Stylish, Taking The Situation In Consideration. It Was Kinda Being Sarcastic But Being Honest As Well, In His Way! Simply LOVED It!.!
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 10:56 PM   #4
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
the one i liked is where the ninja jumped out at raiden and raiden said "your changeing side's now" and snake say's "who ever said i was on your side" it was so fricking cool!!!
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:05 PM   #5
MakgSnake

Thumbs up I Agree!

Quote:
Originally posted by baretta55
the one i liked is where the ninja jumped out at raiden and raiden said "your changeing side's now" and snake say's "who ever said i was on your side" it was so fricking cool!!!
Yup That Was Soo Freaking Amazing, Gave Me The SHOCK Of My Life, When I Was Playing It For The First Time!.! "Change Sides?. I Dont Recal Saying I Was On Yours" DAMN, It Was Mind Blowing!.!
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 06:09 AM   #6
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
*spoilers*

Don't remember the exact words, but I love the monologue of Otacon after Emma dies. Very emotional and moving.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 08:48 AM   #7
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
*Spoilers*

*Spoilers*
Emma?(tear)..................Emma?(tear) (lots of crying)
(bird speaks) "Hal?.........Hal?, I miss you, Hal, I miss you" (otacon falls down Crying)

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 09:37 AM   #8
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Nooo! Not only those two lines! Maybe I'm wrong, but it was a longer monologue...
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 04:40 PM   #9
MakgSnake

Question Is It?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fortune
Nooo! Not only those two lines! Maybe I'm wrong, but it was a longer monologue...
Is It The One Where, Otacon Says "Both You And I, We Are The Same"......... And Then She Asks To Call Her Emma For The Last Time, And Then He Says "Whats Wrong With E.E" And Then She Dies.......... And After She Passed Away..... He Kept Saying "Emma" "Emma"....... I Think That Was Soo Tragic, That He Was Fulfilling Her Last Request And Still It was Too Late As She Was Gone And Couldn't Hear "Emma" From Otacon!.!
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 06:19 PM   #10
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
*spoilers everywhere*

OMG Makg! I've just remembered from your last post how sad that moment was! I hoped she could survive! It was really really tragic, especially because Otacon seems to be very unlucky in both games... That part of MGS2, together with Sniper Wolf's death in MGS, nearly made me cry
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 07:25 PM   #11
MakgSnake

Re: *spoilers everywhere*

Quote:
Originally posted by Hylas
That part of MGS2, together with Sniper Wolf's death in MGS, nearly made me cry
Yeah, Both The Scenes Were Really Sad, Made Me Soo Sad As Well, But The Sequence Where Meryl Gets Shot...Literally Made Me Cry!.!
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:34 PM   #12
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Fortune's final speech was amazing, don't you think? Full of pathos...
I think the worst dialogues were the ones among Raiden and Rose via Codec, but some of them were funny
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:07 PM   #13
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Ice Cold is on a distinguished road
Especially the crap about his "empty" room. It was so lame it made me sick.

Semper Fi!
Ice Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:08 AM   #14
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by baretta55
Yes! That was awesome and like Makg said, it shocked me too, because I didn't expect him to say that. Ah, basically anything Snake says is pretty cool, ne?

Hylas: I also agree with you that Otacon seemed really unlucky in both games...when Emma died, I thought of Sniper Wolf and I thought "Damn, I feel real sorry for this guy..." The scene with Emma was pretty damn sad too and the dialogue was perfect.....it made a cryball form in my throat, but then I got pissed at Vamp, so my sadness quickly turned to anger.

Rei and Ice Cold: The Codec moments between Raiden and Rose were silly and boring....made me want to just skip their dialogues, but I was afraid I'd miss something important about his past that might be brought up later on, so I had to listen to their crap and felt stupid when nothing important came up. The dialogue about when and where they first met was especially annoying to me.
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2002, 06:24 PM   #15
MakgSnake

Lightbulb Yeah But!

Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
The dialogue about when and where they first met was especially annoying to me.
I Dunno, I Actually Like Raiden's Conversation With Rose. I Have No Idea Why, I Guess Romance Should Be There, A Little Here And There...... And The Talk About Their First Meeting Was.... Romantic.... It Was Nice. I Guess The Reason Majority Of People Didn't Like Raiden's Conversation With Rose Was Because They Weren't Happy With Raiden In The First Place. Cause I Believe If The Same Conversation Was Of "Solid Snake" People Might Have Enjoyed It. Thats What I Believe.

Raiden Is New.......Its Not That Easy To Digest A Character Like Him, But I "HOPE" He Stays In The Metal Gear "SAGA" Forever Or So!
Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:10 PM   #16
Black Heart
Mighty Captain

Black Heart is on a distinguished road
I think the reason why people hate so much the dialogues between Rose and Raiden is that... they shouldn't be there!
I mean, it seems strange that while Raiden is in a mission like that one, they actually can spend important minutes of the mission talking about their first date, their house, their relationship and so on. It seems a bit out of place
Black Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:39 AM   #17
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Re: Yeah But!

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I Guess The Reason Majority Of People Didn't Like Raiden's Conversation With Rose Was Because They Weren't Happy With Raiden In The First Place. Cause I Believe If The Same Conversation Was Of "Solid Snake" People Might Have Enjoyed It. Thats What I Believe.
Well, that might be true for some people, but for me, it's only slightly true. Yes, I admit I didn't like Raiden as much, but my dis-like for him didn't have anything to do with the conversation between him and his girl. I just didn't like the dialogue being taken place since it was kinda cheesy and didn't really have to do with the story. Even if it was between Snake and Meryl....I would probably get bored too, but I admit, not as bored.

Quote:

Raiden Is New.......Its Not That Easy To Digest A Character Like Him, But I "HOPE" He Stays In The Metal Gear "SAGA" Forever Or So!
Yeah, it was kinda hard to take this new guy in, but I agree with you Makg....I hope he continues to play a role in the series and hopefully, we can see him become more of a man than he was in MGS2.
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 08:51 AM   #18
MakgSnake

Arrow I'll Explain!

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Heart

I mean, it seems strange that while Raiden is in a mission like that one, they actually can spend important minutes of the mission talking about their first date, their house, their relationship and so on. It seems a bit out of place
I Think That Was There Because.... Rose Thought That She Wouldn't See Raiden Ever Again.......If Raiden Doesn't Survive So Thats Why They Recalled All Their Memories...During That Time. And U Saw Rose Saying Stuff Like "I Am Just Wasting Ure Time"...... And At Times Raiden As Well said "Why Now? On A Mission Like This"........ But Still They Both Couldn't Help But Talk About Their Sweet Love Life!.!

Quote:
Yeah, it was kinda hard to take this new guy in, but I agree with you Makg....I hope he continues to play a role in the series and hopefully, we can see him become more of a man than he was in MGS2.
And Yeah That Is Sooooo Right......I Know That Raiden Will Grow As A Character And As A MAN In The Next Episode I Just Know It!.! He Has To.......He Will........And Then He'd Be The Clever One As Well..... But Giving Him A Comic Role Just At Times, Doesn't Harm Him. ......... But I Hope........We GET A "GOOD" New Comic Character In The Next GAME. Dont U Think We Need One!
Old Aug 11th, 2002, 03:47 PM   #19
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
About comic characters Fatman was awsome. He was freaking funny

About "I don't recall I was on yours" (Raiden's side) I was also shocked for a moment, because for a couple of seconds, I even thought that Snake turned out to be at Solidus' side or something like that (because if you think about it, Solidus did have a point and an ideal, he just didn't do the things he should have done in the correct way)

What Fortune says about Hal's monologue, that Emma's mom seduced him and all, was pretty melodramatic. Although it did not bother me. To see all that made me almost cry. I felt almost the same way Meryl-chan did, but the opposite, I was first pissed at Vamp, and then I got all sad about E.E.

It was freaking awsome when Raiden asked Snake what he should believe in, and Snake quickly answered "That's your problem" That even made me laugh

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2002, 03:59 PM   #20
MakgSnake

Talking Kid!

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
It was freaking awsome when Raiden asked Snake what he should believe in, and Snake quickly answered "That's your problem" That even made me laugh
Oh Yeah I Remember That One......It Was Nice. A Pure Solid Snake (I Dont Give A F***) Style. And I Laughed Everytime Snake Called Raiden "KID"........."Listen Kid.... Stop Pointing That Gun Around Everywhere" And "Kids Wired With Nanomachines"........ Hahaha That Was Funny.