Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Sports And Racing

Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #21
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
I contacted Codemasters about this and here is what they told me:

In the controller options, turn the wheel full lock right and then full lock
left. This should solve the problem.

However if it doesn't, centre your wheel and then reset your Playstation
making sure that your wheel remains centred.

I've tried turning full lock in the calibration with no luck. When I get home tonight I'll try centering it and resetting the PS2. I'm pretty sure I've done that already, but not necessarily intentionally, so I'll give it another shot tonight.
Hmmm, Logitech's reply sounds like the process I was tryin to describe to ya, but I use to do that when I was about to start a race.
I also use to do this with my DS controller, before a race I would rotate the sticks 3 times to the left and then 3 times to the right, it always seemed to give the steerin a good solid feel, dunno if it was just my imagination, but hey, whatever works right.
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #22
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATT47
Hmmm, Logitech's reply sounds like the process I was tryin to describe to ya, but I use to do that when I was about to start a race.
I also use to do this with my DS controller, before a race I would rotate the sticks 3 times to the left and then 3 times to the right, it always seemed to give the steerin a good solid feel, dunno if it was just my imagination, but hey, whatever works right.
Well, it was Codemasters and not Logitech, but either way, I've tried that many times with no luck.

Guess tonight I'll try the second part of their reply. I'll get into TOCA, let the wheel get off center like it has been doing, then move the wheel to center and reset the PS2.

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure I've done that already, just not on purpose... so maybe it will work if I pay attention to what it's doing. It's just odd that it's happening in TOCA and not anywhere else.
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #23
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Well, it was Codemasters and not Logitech, but either way, I've tried that many times with no luck.

Guess tonight I'll try the second part of their reply. I'll get into TOCA, let the wheel get off center like it has been doing, then move the wheel to center and reset the PS2.

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure I've done that already, just not on purpose... so maybe it will work if I pay attention to what it's doing. It's just odd that it's happening in TOCA and not anywhere else.
Whoops! sorry bout that, me no pay attention
Sounds like it's just gotten itself out of calibration for ToCA then, hope ya get it straight, I don't want ya hittin me and messin up my paint job tomorrow night
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #24
Drafter-T
Dialed In

After trying Codemasters suggestions several times last night, it didn't work. I e-mailed them back and now they are saying I should try taking my Dual Shock controller out and turning the vibration off while I'm using the wheel. I'll try it tonight, but I have my doubts....

I'm thinking now that my save file is screwed up and I'm going to have to start a new one if I want the pulling to go away. The reason I think that is last night I took my memory card out that has TOCA on it. Moved my other mem card to slot one. Started a brand new career and the pulling was gone. Ran the career all the way to 17% in the couple of hours I messed with it and had no pulling.

Went back to my original save file after resetting the PS2 and the pulling was back.

That's what I was afraid of, but I'll try Codemasters latest suggestion tonight before I quit using my current save file or delete it or anything.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #25
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
After trying Codemasters suggestions several times last night, it didn't work. I e-mailed them back and now they are saying I should try taking my Dual Shock controller out and turning the vibration off while I'm using the wheel. I'll try it tonight, but I have my doubts....

I'm thinking now that my save file is screwed up and I'm going to have to start a new one if I want the pulling to go away. The reason I think that is last night I took my memory card out that has TOCA on it. Moved my other mem card to slot one. Started a brand new career and the pulling was gone. Ran the career all the way to 17% in the couple of hours I messed with it and had no pulling.

Went back to my original save file after resetting the PS2 and the pulling was back.

That's what I was afraid of, but I'll try Codemasters latest suggestion tonight before I quit using my current save file or delete it or anything.
Hmmm, ya know me with all that saved file lingo LOL, if ya do that are ya goin to be able to run the DTM's and V-8's, I thought ya had to get those in your career?

Isn't there a way to just delete your game prefs on your memory card before ya put a game in the tray?
Dunno?
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:30 AM   #26
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Hmmm, ya know me with all that saved file lingo LOL, if ya do that are ya goin to be able to run the DTM's and V-8's, I thought ya had to get those in your career?

Isn't there a way to just delete your game prefs on your memory card before ya put a game in the tray?
Dunno?
I'll check, but I'm 99% sure with TOCA 2, it's all in the same file. I know alot of games save seperate options files, but I don't think TOCA does.

I will have to unlock the DTM's and V8's, but I don't think that would affect online. Seems like all the cars are available online, if I remember right. I'll have to go in write down all my setups... that will be the worst part.

But, I'm not going to delete anything just yet. I just have a strong feeling that Codemasters is going to conclude that the save file has gotten corrupted when all this is said and done. I'll try taking out the DS tonight, but I can't imagine what that could do. You never know though...
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:37 AM   #27
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
I'll check, but I'm 99% sure with TOCA 2, it's all in the same file. I know alot of games save seperate options files, but I don't think TOCA does.

I will have to unlock the DTM's and V8's, but I don't think that would affect online. Seems like all the cars are available online, if I remember right. I'll have to go in write down all my setups... that will be the worst part.

But, I'm not going to delete anything just yet. I just have a strong feeling that Codemasters is going to conclude that the save file has gotten corrupted when all this is said and done. I'll try taking out the DS tonight, but I can't imagine what that could do. You never know though...
I don't know for sure either, if I have those cars and host, if it's like most online games you should be able to have those cars also.
The setups now is a different story, see, I told ya ta make a setup log as ya went along , I have all mine in my log if this happens to me

Oh man! the dreaded DS, I'd be lost if I had to use that for racin, what about your other DF wheel?
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:42 AM   #28
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
I don't know for sure either, if I have those cars and host, if it's like most online games you should be able to have those cars also.
The setups now is a different story, see, I told ya ta make a setup log as ya went along , I have all mine in my log if this happens to me

Oh man! the dreaded DS, I'd be lost if I had to use that for racin, what about your other DF wheel?
No, they don't want me to use the DS, they just want me to take it out when I'm using the wheel. I guess they think it could be conflicting with it somehow. I've had it in there since day one, so I'm not sure what that could accomplish, but we'll see.

That's a good question about the other DF wheel though. I ought to try it and see if it pulls too. In fact, I guess I could try the DS and see if it pulls, just to see if it does. I've got no intention of racing with it though, LOL.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #29
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
No, they don't want me to use the DS, they just want me to take it out when I'm using the wheel. I guess they think it could be conflicting with it somehow. I've had it in there since day one, so I'm not sure what that could accomplish, but we'll see.

That's a good question about the other DF wheel though. I ought to try it and see if it pulls too. In fact, I guess I could try the DS and see if it pulls, just to see if it does. I've got no intention of racing with it though, LOL.
Come on man, race with the DS, I need the points

Yeah, I leave my DS plugged in all the time also, I doubt that's the problem.
You've unplugged your adaptor before ya start the game I would figure, then turn off the game and plugged it back in?
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #30
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Come on man, race with the DS, I need the points

Yeah, I leave my DS plugged in all the time also, I doubt that's the problem.
You've unplugged your adaptor before ya start the game I would figure, then turn off the game and plugged it back in?
Not sure what you mean by adapter, but yeah I always unplug the wheel from the USB port when I'm done playing and I have tried disconnecting the power to the wheel also, but all that's for is force feedback anyway. I've tried just about everything short of throwing it out the window, lol.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #31
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by adapter, but yeah I always unplug the wheel from the USB port when I'm done playing and I have tried disconnecting the power to the wheel also, but all that's for is force feedback anyway. I've tried just about everything short of throwing it out the window, lol.
I always call the box on the end of the power cable with the wall plug connector in it the adaptor, that's what they always use to call those things that had to have less juice then house current to run em.
I always unplug that from the wall when I'm done with my wheel and I leave the USB cable plugged in all the time.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #32
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Just to update the situation, I told Codemasters what I thought about my save file being corrupt and they've never heard of that being a problem. But they want me to get to the point in my new career mode where I can race the DTM's and V8's, since I told them that's mostly what I race.

After thinking about it, the cars early on in the game really do feel loose and kinda hard to control, so I probably wouldn't feel the pull as much as I do with the tighter cars later on in the game.

I'm starting to think Codemasters has never heard of this before and they don't know what can be done. To their credit, they've tried to help, they just don't seem to have the answer.

I may or may not keep going with that new career mode. Since the problem is pretty much just a minor annoyance so far, I may just accept it and move on. I still have good control, it's just that I know it shouldn't be pulling left like that.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #33
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Just to update the situation, I told Codemasters what I thought about my save file being corrupt and they've never heard of that being a problem. But they want me to get to the point in my new career mode where I can race the DTM's and V8's, since I told them that's mostly what I race.

After thinking about it, the cars early on in the game really do feel loose and kinda hard to control, so I probably wouldn't feel the pull as much as I do with the tighter cars later on in the game.

I'm starting to think Codemasters has never heard of this before and they don't know what can be done. To their credit, they've tried to help, they just don't seem to have the answer.

I may or may not keep going with that new career mode. Since the problem is pretty much just a minor annoyance so far, I may just accept it and move on. I still have good control, it's just that I know it shouldn't be pulling left like that.
Ya know the more and more I hear ya speek of all this the more I seem to think I had the same thing happen to me one time back when I was playin NASCAR 2005 which was the game I got the wheel for.
Ya know me with my memory LOL, but now it seems like I can really relate to the feel ya say you're havin.

I can't remember if it just went away on its own, or if I actually did something, I remember it was on Dega (Duh! LOL) on the long staights where it was very noticable.
Unless I'm wrong, there wasn't any real calibration feature in 2005, been a while now, I sure wish I could remember why it stopped doin it?

There's no way your center saturation settin could have gotten off is there?
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #34
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Ya know the more and more I hear ya speek of all this the more I seem to think I had the same thing happen to me one time back when I was playin NASCAR 2005 which was the game I got the wheel for.
Ya know me with my memory LOL, but now it seems like I can really relate to the feel ya say you're havin.

I can't remember if it just went away on its own, or if I actually did something, I remember it was on Dega (Duh! LOL) on the long staights where it was very noticable.
Unless I'm wrong, there wasn't any real calibration feature in 2005, been a while now, I sure wish I could remember why it stopped doin it?

There's no way your center saturation settin could have gotten off is there?
I don't really know. The thing that gets me is the problem is only in TOCA. I've tried it in NT2004, GT3 and even NFSU and the wheel is perfectly centered with no pull in those games and that's a pretty good variety of racing games.

If I go into the TOCA calibration and turn the wheel all the way left and right, I let it come back to center on it's own and it looks like it's in the right place on the wheel itself and up on the screen.

Then right before the race starts and the 900 deg mode kicks in, the wheel moves to the left just enough to tick me off, lol.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 11:17 AM   #35
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
I don't really know. The thing that gets me is the problem is only in TOCA. I've tried it in NT2004, GT3 and even NFSU and the wheel is perfectly centered with no pull in those games and that's a pretty good variety of racing games.

If I go into the TOCA calibration and turn the wheel all the way left and right, I let it come back to center on it's own and it looks like it's in the right place on the wheel itself and up on the screen.

Then right before the race starts and the 900 deg mode kicks in, the wheel moves to the left just enough to tick me off, lol.
That is wierd man, I have no idea then.
Ya didn't turn to hard to the left maybe bottom out turn to far and actually tweak your wheel left on the shaft?
Is that even a possibility? I dunno.

Hey, what is that little bar graph up by our avatar, below our Dialed In and Runnin Low names?
I see it and some have little colored notches goin to the right?
Some interestin things here LOL
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #36
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
That is wierd man, I have no idea then.
Ya didn't turn to hard to the left maybe bottom out turn to far and actually tweak your wheel left on the shaft?
Is that even a possibility? I dunno.

Hey, what is that little bar graph up by our avatar, below our Dialed In and Runnin Low names?
I see it and some have little colored notches goin to the right?
Some interestin things here LOL
I think that's some sort of a rank feature. I noticed mine went up after 50 posts.

I've wondered if I messed up the wheel somehow, but it works ok in all the other games, so that makes me think it's just TOCA somehow. Maybe I messed up the force feedback enough to where it's only messed up in the way TOCA uses it, I don't know.

I'm going to try tinkering with it tonight some more, but I'm almost out of ideas here. Maybe like you said earlier, it will eventually straighten itself out.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #37
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
I think that's some sort of a rank feature. I noticed mine went up after 50 posts.

I've wondered if I messed up the wheel somehow, but it works ok in all the other games, so that makes me think it's just TOCA somehow. Maybe I messed up the force feedback enough to where it's only messed up in the way TOCA uses it, I don't know.

I'm going to try tinkering with it tonight some more, but I'm almost out of ideas here. Maybe like you said earlier, it will eventually straighten
itself out.
LOL, yeah, after I asked ya about that little bar mine went up a notch so at least I know the feature what ever it is is workin.

I hope ya get it goin and or goes away, at least by Sun. after we race, I need ya to be as distracted as possible LOL

I hope my stupid cable comes back fast pretty soon, it still seems slow today and if I go out later I'll run by the office and do some screamin, ya know I enjoy that LOL