Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:27 PM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
SC : Pandora Tommarow

This game is getting tremendous reviews so I figured for my 1,000th post Id set a spot for comments on it. Ill be getting it tommarow after work wich is when it will be released. EGM gave it better scores than Ninja Gaiden (two 9.5's and a 10) so you KNOW this is something special. Maybe once a few of us get it we can jump into a some hot spy on Merc action online. Anyway, let me know if any of you are getting it or allready have it. Im uber hyped for this one

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 12:23 AM   #2
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
What I'll end up doing is renting the game, since it is easily beatable in 5 days, or even less than that. I just can't justify spending $50 on a game I could have played/beaten for $5. Pass.

The Tree of Life...
Daedaelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #3
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Daedaelus

What I'll end up doing is renting the game, since it is easily beatable in 5 days, or even less than that. I just can't justify spending $50 on a game I could have played/beaten for $5. Pass.
your not abit interested in the online mode ? cause ive been hearing some good stuff about that new feature.

anyway the ps2 version got delayed so i have to wait 3 more months to get this game.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #4
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
^ To be honest, not really. I'm seeing it to be just another CS kind of dealy.

The Tree of Life...
Daedaelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #5
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
anyway the ps2 version got delayed so i have to wait 3 more months to get this game
Yeah I heard about that. That has to suck.

Ive played through a good chunk of the first mission so far. It is beyond great. Ive been playing for a good while and ive yet to even kill anyone and it hasnt lost my undevided interest yet. I love the addition of the fiber optic cable to look under doors into rooms. This game is superb

Quote:
What I'll end up doing is renting the game, since it is easily beatable in 5 days, or even less than that. I just can't justify spending $50 on a game I could have played/beaten for $5. Pass
I could say that for 80% or more of the games on the market now

Quote:
To be honest, not really. I'm seeing it to be just another CS kind of dealy.
Heres a couple of quotes from my friends at EGM

"Folks, this is THE REASON to get X Box Live. I dont care about the money for the subscription, for broad band, and for the cable dude to come to your pad, you GOTTA play 4 player Pandorra"

"Pandoras INCREDIBLE online mode has invaded my reality"

Another quote I read said something to the effect of, get this game and play it online sence its the game everyones going to be playing online untill Halo 2.

Im sorry but from the sounds of it it cant be compared to ANY online game out there. 2 on 2 Mercs vs spies, tons of different paths and gadgets to complete your mission.After I brush up on the control scheme im gonna give it a try online. This isnt just simple death match folks. Ill leave you with this final EGM quote

"Once you try a bit of this hot spy-on-mercenary action you'll never wanna go back to boring ol' deathmatch again" Im giddy

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Mar 24th, 2004 at 03:38 PM..
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 05:36 PM   #6
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
I all but missed the first Splinter Cell, and I fear that the sheer ammount of other things I want so much more will mean that I don't get to play this one either... and UT2004, but my mum is hiding it from me!

At least it sounds interesting... *sigh* mind you, now that I have broadband, i'll be able to download the demo... shame about my HD space problems. UT2004 = 5gb install = ouchies
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 11:21 PM   #7
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Well, I just finished my first session of SC: PT online (Bout 3 hours) and I must say...WOW. I expected it to be incredibly complicated and hard to pick up what with its 6 or so different spy gadgets and merc weapons. But I was pleasenlty suprised, the learning curve wasnt all that steep. I picked it up pretty well within an hour and was taking on 2 spies by my lonesome and even winning. Theres just nothing like tracking a merc for a mile only to be rewarded with that oh so satisfying breaking of the neck from the behind. Trust me when I say, If you have LIVE you WILL NOT REGRET GETTING THIS GAME. Let me know if any of you get it, we can meet up and throw down in what is right now, the BEST online game for a console hands down (Thats right Socom, I said it !)

BTW, heres my Gamertag again
Vicious XZ84

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Mar 24th, 2004 at 11:22 PM..
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 07:39 AM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I can't wait for this game too...I'm waiting for the PS2 version, even though I have an Xbox. Unfortunately, I'm never going online, so I won't be able to try out the online Mercenary action. But....for the rest of you, have fun!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 05:03 AM   #9
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
vicious hows the offline mode, gameplay wise compare to the last one, is it more of the same or did they change/add alot of different stuff to the game ?? and hows the AI in this game ?

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #10
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vic Viper

vicious hows the offline mode, gameplay wise compare to the last one, is it more of the same or did they change/add alot of different stuff to the game ?? and hows the AI in this game ?
Well, Vicious could probably tell you more, but I also read the EGM mag and they said the one-player is more of the same. Nothing new has been changed except for a few additions for the PS2 and GC version, just like the first Splinter Cell (optical cable has night and thermal vision, sticky cam whistles and gas enemies when close). But, of course, that's just what EGM says.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #11
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Nah, you had it pretty much right Merly. It is more of the same for the most part with a few more bells and whistles and perhaps some slightly more clever surroundings and ways to navigate them. But, this is how I look at it

Alot of people put a game down when they dont make drastic changes to gameplay for a sequal. But look at the original Splinter cell, it was amazing. Sure they could have stripped it down a bit and left something to be desired so they could add more to the sequal. Instead, they opted to make the original something special, and left themselves without a lot of room for improvement. Ive been playing the single player quite a bit and I find it to be addictive. And to tell you the truth I have trouble fidning things that could be added. I honestly dont think theres alot more they could have added to the single player without dumbing down the georgious graphics

As for the A.I.... The thing is.... most of the time you shouldnt get to experience the A.I because your enemies should never get the chance to think. 90% of the time your luring your enemy in by shooting a light, throwing a can, or whistling. And once you have them in the shadows, you hit em from behind. There were however, a few moments where I fouled up and found myself in a fire fight. In those cases I dont think the A.I was anything special. I dont remember them dodging out of the way or taking cover or anything. Perhaps thats where they did leave something to be desired.

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 10:28 PM   #12
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Yeah, I can't wait for this game too...I'm waiting for the PS2 version, even though I have an Xbox. Unfortunately, I'm never going online, so I won't be able to try out the online Mercenary action. But....for the rest of you, have fun!
That is sooo not good Meryl, Seriously. Xbox without XBOX LIVE is a piece of plastic box with some machine in it, thats it. Trust me, if you want to take the complete juice out from the box and enjoy it to the fullest, you have to go LIVE. You have to. I work at retail, Best Buy, and I make sure that the person who buys an XBOX gets Live, because without it, its nothing. I know you are enjoying your Xbox offline too, but once you go LIVE....you wont come back. Its tooo freaking good. Just amazing. You are missing alot.....honestly.

And Pandora Tomorrow's online game is Unbelievable. Its too freaking amazing. WOW I would say.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 07:50 PM   #13
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
That is sooo not good Meryl, Seriously. Xbox without XBOX LIVE is a piece of plastic box with some machine in it, thats it. Trust me, if you want to take the complete juice out from the box and enjoy it to the fullest, you have to go LIVE. You have to. I work at retail, Best Buy, and I make sure that the person who buys an XBOX gets Live, because without it, its nothing. I know you are enjoying your Xbox offline too, but once you go LIVE....you wont come back. Its tooo freaking good. Just amazing. You are missing alot.....honestly.

And Pandora Tomorrow's online game is Unbelievable. Its too freaking amazing. WOW I would say.

I don't know about that entirely Makg. Although Xbox Live is definately one of the biggest benefits of the Xbox, I think its single player expierence is also incredibly high. Personally most of the good single player titles have been on the xbox. Atleast the best of them have.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:53 PM   #14
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan

Hyuuga Neji is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedaelus
^ To be honest, not really. I'm seeing it to be just another CS kind of dealy.
It's definitly not another CS dealy, its completely different, stealthy techniques, different modes, extraction, sabotage, neutrilization (sp) the being able to listen in on the enemies conversations, the graphics and elements make the game amazing, the mercs eyes being able to adjust the the darkness over time it just doesnt get any better than that.

Last Game I Beat: Fable
---------------------------------------------------
What I Really Meant To Say Is I'm Sorry For The Way I Am, Never Meant To Be So Cold
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote