Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Sports And Racing

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:21 PM   #1
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
Best NASCAR game you ever played?

I've never played Papyrus's PC game that everybody seems to rave about, and from what I understand, that's the best NASCAR game ever. I may play it someday, but my PC gaming days are pretty much behind me.

The only console I own is PS2 and I'm happy with it, but since EA owns exclusive NASCAR rights these days, I'm kinda limited to them.

So, my question is, what's the best NASCAR game you have ever played?

For me, NT2003 was probably as close to a sim as I've seen on the PS2. I didn't say it was a sim, but it was pretty close. NT2004 was really good too, especially since it was the first PS2 NASCAR game online. The grudges and alliances feature was added with NT2004 and it was tolerable.

I've never played Dirt to Daytona and most people didn't like it too much, but I've also read where maybe it was the most realistic, at least as far as setups go.

I guess I'd have to say that NT2004 was the best overall NASCAR game I've played. The handling was good and the online play was good, even though it was only pier to pier and there was alot of lag at times.

The worst NASCAR game you've ever played? I'd have to say NASCAR 2005, Chase for the Cup. They took the grudges feature WAY too far, and they pretty much ruined the handling of the Cup cars. They had a great idea, adding Busch, Truck and modified cars, but the overall game sucked bad, IMO.

Come on EA, get it right with 2006!!

Last edited by Drafter-T; Jan 29th, 2005 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Mis-spelling
Drafter-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #2
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
I've never played Papyrus's PC game that everybody seems to rave about, and from what I understand, that's the best NASCAR game ever. I may play it someday, but my PC gaming days are pretty much behind me.

The only console I own is PS2 and I'm happy with it, but since EA owns exclusive NASCAR rights these days, I'm kinda limited to them.

So, my question is, what's the best NASCAR game you have ever played?

For me, NT2003 was probably as close to a sim as I've seen on the PS2. I didn't say it was a sim, but it was pretty close. NT2004 was really good too, especially since it was the first PS2 NASCAR game online. The grudges and alliances feature was added with NT2004 and it was tolerable.

I've never played Dirt to Daytona and most people didn't like it too much, but I've also read where maybe it was the most realistic, at least as far as setups go.

I guess I'd have to say that NT2004 was the best overall NASCAR game I've played. The handling was good and the online play was good, even though it was only pier to pier and there was alot of lag at times.

The worst NASCAR game you've ever played? I'd have to say NASCAR 2005, Chase for the Cup. They took the grudges feature WAY too far, and they pretty much ruined the handling of the Cup cars. They had a great idea, adding Busch, Truck and modified cars, but the overall game sucked bad, IMO.

Come on EA, get it right with 2006!!
Best was probably EA's NT 2004, worst has to be EA's NASCAR 2005 CftC

NT 2004 IMO could have been much better and actually the 2005 version if they would have just added the Trucks and the Featherlites.
Just like ATV 2 was a great game and could have been the ATV3 upgrade with mic support and online mini games.

For some reason some game producers seem to think a bunch of wasted bells and whistles and grudge scenarios is what gamers want, IMO a game is great if it's based on reality as close as it can be, has good easy to use features and brings gamers closer with a bunch of fun by providin an online feature with kick butt online servers.

Personally, I just don't see from their track record EA gettin the picture on its next NASCAR game, they've lost me my friend.
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #3
Drafter-T
Dialed In

You might be right FATT, but I'll defintely have to see for myself with the 2006 version. Alot will depend on how this NASCAR Sim goes for the PC. It will be intersting to read about that game and see what they've done there. If people are complaining about it, maybe the 2006 PS2 version will be worth passing up.

I'm definitely skepitcal about EA now. I used to have alot of confidence in them, but after they ruined NASCAR '05 and with all this exclusive rights stuff that's happening with other sports games, it kinda sheds a bad light on what once was a pretty good thing, IMO.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:45 AM   #4
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
You might be right FATT, but I'll defintely have to see for myself with the 2006 version. Alot will depend on how this NASCAR Sim goes for the PC. It will be intersting to read about that game and see what they've done there. If people are complaining about it, maybe the 2006 PS2 version will be worth passing up.

I'm definitely skepitcal about EA now. I used to have alot of confidence in them, but after they ruined NASCAR '05 and with all this exclusive rights stuff that's happening with other sports games, it kinda sheds a bad light on what once was a pretty good thing, IMO.
Who knows, things change all the time and ya just hope for them to change for the good.
I've lost a bunch of confidence in EA, so much so I just doubt I'll go for anything they put out without a lengthy wait after it's out to see what the actual opinions are on the game.
They're so stupid, they seem to have a problem lately not gettin the games right when all they'd have to do is ask us!
Now wouldn't that be simple, we know exactly what we want!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATT47
Who knows, things change all the time and ya just hope for them to change for the good.
I've lost a bunch of confidence in EA, so much so I just doubt I'll go for anything they put out without a lengthy wait after it's out to see what the actual opinions are on the game.
They're so stupid, they seem to have a problem lately not gettin the games right when all they'd have to do is ask us!
Now wouldn't that be simple, we know exactly what we want!
Sure looks to me like they cater to the kids, at least as far as NASCAR goes. All the arcade BS is getting ridiculous. I just want to race. If they'd just make the AI smart instead of angry, I'd be happy, lol.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 04:14 PM   #6
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Sure looks to me like they cater to the kids, at least as far as NASCAR goes. All the arcade BS is getting ridiculous. I just want to race. If they'd just make the AI smart instead of angry, I'd be happy, lol.
Man I hear ya, at least make the AI smart racers instead of punks, give them the skills to at least know when to brake in the right spots rather then endin up in your engine compartment and how about when the AI leaves a perfectly good line to come all the way up the track just to bang ya, that aint goin to happen in real racin, they gotta get real with the racin and knock off all the jive.