Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Sports And Racing

Old Jan 14th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #1
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
TOCA 2 - Tonight (1-14-05)

Anybody wanting to race some TOCA tonight, FATT47 and myself will be online around 8:00 ET racing some V8 Supercars. Just look for the name FATT47.

We race as clean as we can, but we don't claim to be expert racers or anything. We just mostly race for fun. Anybody looking for a good time racing online, look us up tonight.
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #2
Drafter-T
Dialed In

It was alot of fun. We raced for more than 2 hours and had about 5 or 6 people in the room most of the time. Ran across some pretty cool people last night. Sometimes you find a few jerks, but mostly the people in TOCA seem pretty cool.

For some reason, TOCA 2 seems like the first road course game or maybe sim game for alot of people. You can tell pretty quick who's new by how hot they run into the corners. Don't mean to say that's a bad thing (we all have to start somewhere), but TOCA 2 is definitley a good "starter" game for people wanting to learn how to race road courses. And there are also alot of really good racers out there, don't get me wrong.

I know for me personally, as a NASCAR fan, it's opened my eyes up pretty good. I still love NASCAR first, but these road courses are so much fun to drive.
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #3
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
It was alot of fun. We raced for more than 2 hours and had about 5 or 6 people in the room most of the time. Ran across some pretty cool people last night. Sometimes you find a few jerks, but mostly the people in TOCA seem pretty cool.

For some reason, TOCA 2 seems like the first road course game or maybe sim game for alot of people. You can tell pretty quick who's new by how hot they run into the corners. Don't mean to say that's a bad thing (we all have to start somewhere), but TOCA 2 is definitley a good "starter" game for people wanting to learn how to race road courses. And there are also alot of really good racers out there, don't get me wrong.

I know for me personally, as a NASCAR fan, it's opened my eyes up pretty good. I still love NASCAR first, but these road courses are so much fun to drive.
Yep, it was a blast, we had some good races with a lot of good bumper to bumper racin.

LOL, it's pretty easy to tell from the get go who the over aggressive and or less experienced ones are as opposed to the more experienced racers, those who have probably had the game longer and all.
The new or overly aggessive ones go into that first turn balls out with very little brakin and usually cause a major pile up along with makin someones car look like it should be headin for the body shop then and there LOL

This game with road courses is a game of patience IMO the way these typs of cars (DTM's and V-8's) race is in real life and if approached that way the game is awesome, but when ya only 3 to 5 laps each time the mentality is to get out in front and lead.
That's why the way we've been experimentin with the longer races to me is very interesting, it puts some strategy into it, we just need more racers, just like we need more posters here LOL
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #4
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATT47
Yep, it was a blast, we had some good races with a lot of good bumper to bumper racin.

LOL, it's pretty easy to tell from the get go who the over aggressive and or less experienced ones are as opposed to the more experienced racers, those who have probably had the game longer and all.
The new or overly aggessive ones go into that first turn balls out with very little brakin and usually cause a major pile up along with makin someones car look like it should be headin for the body shop then and there LOL

This game with road courses is a game of patience IMO the way these typs of cars (DTM's and V-8's) race is in real life and if approached that way the game is awesome, but when ya only 3 to 5 laps each time the mentality is to get out in front and lead.
That's why the way we've been experimentin with the longer races to me is very interesting, it puts some strategy into it, we just need more racers, just like we need more posters here LOL
Yeah, you just can't run balls out with this game. The damage feature just won't let you. But we all did it in the beginning, just having the mindset that we had to hurry up and go. It's real hard to make yourself slow down in a race situation, but once you change that mentality, man these courses are a blast, expecially with that wheel in your hands.

TOCA 2 = best racing game I've played so far and I've played a bunch of them.