Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Dec 25th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #301
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
I started playing Shadowhearts: Covenant about ten days ago. Very fun, artsy, and great humour. Yes im enjoying being back into console games and am getting caught up on games ive had for a while, just never any chance to play. This one is fun, for sure, it got good ratings when it first came out and i can see why, looks to be a keeper!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 03:08 AM   #302
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Since my 360 seems to be going kaput and plays Mass Effect poorly *stopping and suttering every so seconds when walking around and textures seem to pop in and out randomly* I'm playing my Wii.

Right now I'm playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Super Mario Galaxy. I find myself playing Fire Emblem more, that might make me a traitor to the game profession for not playing the crap out of a Mario game, I just can't help it. Fire Emblem has always fascinated me.
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 11:12 AM   #303
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I beat uncharted recently and I must absolutely loved this game in so many different ways. The crop of games that have come out recently for the PS3 has made the PS3 a must purchase for game lovers.

If you like the tomb raider style of games then Uncharted is the game for you. It is much much better then tomb raider ever was, but it gives you a basic idea of what it is.

So what do I play now? Well since I live in a very remote part of Canada at the moment and getting video games up there is pretty much impossible, even by mail, I decided to buy a few different games. I bought 5 new ones for that matter.

Assassins Creed, Kane and Lynch, Timeshift, MX vs ATV, and Time Crises 4 (with guncon 4).

I have only touched assassins creed and mx vs atv so far. Both are a lot of fun, and I can honestly see myself not playing the other games until I play these ones for a while.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM   #304
GuitarHero30017

GuitarHero30017 is on a distinguished road
currently i am play guitar hero for ps2 on expert mode
GuitarHero30017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #305
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
I just finished playing Condemned on my lovely new xbox 360. I enjoyed the game a lot. Im replaying it to try to get all the achievements for the game.
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #306
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I bought rockband! I love it, busted out the drums and guitar today.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #307
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I beat Chrono Trigger recently.. (about two weeks ago.) For an old game (SNES at that), I really like this one. No characters were annoying, and the story... unfortunately, I didn't pay attention. I read the dialogue, but nothing really sunk in.

Spoiler: show
I got the ending where Crono and Marle got married, and Crono's mother and cat jumped into the gate.

I got use to the loading, so it wasn't that much of a deal anymore, however, my issue with the game now is that when I got Magus in my party, the villagers talked as if he wasn't there. I was hoping for a frightening look or some responses that had people in fear or something of that nature, but I didn't get anything.

I like majority of the techs, but I hated Ayla's and Frog's strongest tech. They just look really stupid.

My favorite tech(s), (single) out of all of them is probably Dark Matter and Luminare.

As I said, I didn't have any issues with the characters, but I like to use Crono, Magus, Marle and Ayla over the others.

As for what I'm playing now, nothing, because I'm trying to decide what to play next. I still have these older FF games, but I'm not really interested in playing them (at the moment.). I really just brought FF Chronicles for Chrono Trigger, and I brought FF Anthology for FF6, but what ever interest I had in that diminished fairly quick.

I may start playing FF7 again, or continue where I lefted off with FF8.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #308
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Currently playing "skate" for the PS3. It's fun in its own way, much more realistic than the TH games (you bail a LOT more, lol) and innovative in its use of the analog to control the body and board. Performing the tricks were simple and not so simple but you get the hang of it within a few minutes or so of playing. So it was pretty fun but I think I'm getting bored with skateboarding games since it's pretty much the same formula (perform that trick, nail that grind, gap over the half-pipes, etc.). But it was fun to learn a new way of skateboarding after being so used to the TH games.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Jan 9th, 2008 at 09:30 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #309
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Currently playing "skate" for the PS3. It's fun in its own way, much more realistic than the TH games (you bail a LOT more, lol) and innovative in its use of the analog to control the body and board. Performing the tricks were simple and not so simple but you get the hang of it within a few minutes or so of playing. So it was pretty fun but I think I'm getting bored with skateboarding games since it's pretty much the same formula (perform that trick, nail that grind, gap over the half-pipes, etc.). But it was fun to learn a new way of skateboarding after being so used to the TH games.
I really like SKATE too, I enjoy the TH games a bit still but SKATE just completely blew my mind. The fun for me is just casually riding around town, nailing a flip trick to a grind and then jumping off in a nice, fluid motion. That feels more sastifying then a half a million combo in Tony Hawk.
Skate footage
I managed to put some skate footage up, it's nothing mind blowing though since I'm not that good at the game.

I'm still playing Fire Emblem and Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii but I've been having a feeling of playing Resident Evil for the past week. So right now I'm playing from the start of the series with RE0 all the way to RE4. RE0 is my second least favorite of the entire series so playing through it is a bit of a struggle but I'm determined to see it through.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #310
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
currently playing: Peter Jackson's King Kong, limited collector's edition. (ps2)
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #311
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

been playing a lot of mx vs atv lately. I have tried to get myself into Assissins Creed but I just can't get into it. I think its one of those games where you have to play about 3 hours straight to get all of it and then go back again the next day, not play it once a week.

I also found some people in my area that like Rockband so we have put together a band called "Empty Water Buckets" and we spent most of yesterday rocking out. I am a guitar god on medium difficulty lol.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #312
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead
I also found some people in my area that like Rockband so we have put together a band called "Empty Water Buckets" and we spent most of yesterday rocking out. I am a guitar god on medium difficulty lol.
nice, i've only recently transitioned to hard mode on the guitar (well, most songs anyway), but drums . . . now that's an entirely different story altogether. save for a song or two, im forever stuck on medium since it's such a big jump to hard and all. i don't even know if i'll ever get close to expert in this lifetime.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #313
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

Yeah I am in the same boat with the drums, I find easy way to easy and medium to be fine, but Hard is redonkulus lol.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM   #314
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I finished playing "Heavenly Sword" yesterday, thankfully it was relatively short. It's really does remind me of "God of War" and although there are some nice differences and all, it still is an average game to me. What I enjoyed were the different combat styles and the amount of moves to perform (although the controls seem to be slightly fussy including the Sixaxis aim). The voice acting was excellent and the visuals were a beauty - the ending battle with those hundreds of soldiers dying in real time was astounding and a blast to play.

However, I couldn't stand the extreme close-ups during cutscenes. We're not blind, we CAN see the nice and realistic facial expressions of each characters, thank you, no need to zoom in so close like we're trying to examine their pores. It started to piss me off somewhere in between playing. It made me wonder if I'm playing a game or experiencing a tech demo on how achievable facial expressions can be on the PS3. In the same line of this, the gestures and over-the-top personalities of the enemies like Bohan, Whiptail, and Fox were annoying. Again, yes, we CAN see how fluid the body gestures and movements are, there's no need to have each of them twitch, squirm, or twist in every stupid cutscene. What makes it worse is the fact the developers were trying to disguise this through their lame attempt at dialogue and humor. Having Fox appear and disappear before Bohan resulting in Bohan saying "There's something about that man that I don't entirely trust", having some unnecessary bantering between Fox and Whiptail only so Whiptail can hiss and stick out her tongue...good grief.

I also tried out "Folklore" which I really like although I wish the font were in a different style so I wouldn't get headaches. Haven't played much but the story and combat (absorbing Folk IDs to use them instead of killing them) so far is intriuging.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #315
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Im probably 2/3 done with Shadowhearts Covenant on ps2, its been a very fun ride, and i highly recommend it. Had bought it 3 years ago brand new and finally popped her in after beating Onimusha Dawn of Dreams. Eventually im working my way to FFXII, its been some time since ive played a FF game and i know this is a good one to get back into the game with...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #316
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I haven't been playing much of anything outside of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. And that's been on an on-and-off basis because I'm not feeling it too much. I'm not knocking it or anything because it's not as bad as I thought it was made out to be. Granted I'm not the one for that whole goofy look. (Minor issue really because I've been real leninent when it came to graphics lately, though, I'm a graphic whore.)

In any case, like I said, I've been playing it on an on-and-off basis, so I'm not really far into the game. I beat my first boss. And I believe I just got some leaf that lets you fly / glide.

Gameplay isn't as bad as I thought it'd be either because I really do hate the look and feel of the GCN controller. But TWW feels like OoT and MMs. Which is a good thing.

With all that being said, the game I have my sights set on is Tales of Symphonia, which I just ordered yesterday. I've had a huge interest in the Tales series for quite some time now. (about 2 months now.) I hear the battle system is like a fighting game, and that in itself sounds truly intriguing. Fighting games have always been a favorite genre of mine (just none of them have been all that pleasing.), and to hear that a RPG has a fighting game style type of gameplay is bound to spark an interest.

I'm also looking into getting Tales of the Abyss.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #317
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
*Unreal Tournament III*

Though I've never been such a huge fan of the Unreal franchise - mostly because it was waayy too fast for me to handle (*hides in the corner of shame*) - I'm surprised that I've grown to like their most recent game every time I play it. I know Epic tweaked the speed somewhat for the console version, and that is something I certainly appreciate, what with working with a DualShock/Sixaxis controller instead of a keyboard and mouse - though that's another option too.

Single-player is mostly forgettable and is mainly used as a "training ground" for new players, though online co-op is a nice feature. Online MP just totally rocks though, especially in their Warfare/CTF modes. Its epic (pun not intended) in size, and the different vehicles are fun to mess around in too. Simply put, it's torn me away from Call of Duty 4 for more than a week now... and that's an achievement in itself, lol.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 06:42 AM   #318
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

No More Heroes for the Wii.

It's pure awesome on a disc, PURE AWESOME ON A DISC!
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #319
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I have taken some time on Timeshift this week. It is really growing on me. I had a hard time getting into it, but I am liking it more and more. Now that I get the controls and freezing time and such its pretty neat.

I stopped playing Assissins Creed. Its not that I don't like it, its just been hard to get into. There is so much going on and I have not been in the mood to learn something new. Still looks real nice and seems fun, just to much for my brain to handle right now.

Also still playing rockband, solo more then anything, but the band is getting together this weekend so I am pumped for that.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:28 AM   #320
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I beat Timeshift yesterday. I was surprisingly satisfied with the entire experience by the time I was finished. To me a few attempts to get into the entire thing, but once I got rolling I was hooked. I hope they make a sequel to this game.

Not sure where I am going to go next. I still need to finish my NHL 08 season. 47 games in (82 game season). Maybe play that a bit. I want to play assassins creed again and really try to focus this time to understand whats happening and how to play. Maybe then I will be more into it. Other then that, I think I will start out Kane and Lynch. Only a few more weeks until I get DMC 4 and I would like to have that game done before it arrives in the mail.

The Magic Is Coming!