Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old May 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #21
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
A port to the PS2 is highly possible, in my opinion, especially if it was planned from the beginning of the project. The game graphics are really close to those of the latest MGS games for PS2, but some changes (like different textures) would be needed to let the game run at higher resolution than the one in the PSP version.

Splinter Cell for the PSP was awful because developers and publisher didn't take the project too seriously, in my opinion. Lack of 2 analog sticks on the PSP could be an issue, but it can be addressed in many ways.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #22
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
A port to the PS2 is highly possible, in my opinion, especially if it was planned from the beginning of the project. The game graphics are really close to those of the latest MGS games for PS2, but some changes (like different textures) would be needed to let the game run at higher resolution than the one in the PSP version.

Splinter Cell for the PSP was awful because developers and publisher didn't take the project too seriously, in my opinion. Lack of 2 analog sticks on the PSP could be an issue, but it can be addressed in many ways.
That's good news if it comes true. If not, I'll just have to pick up a PSP then...with the price drop, it shouldn't be too bad.

This is slightly off-topic, but Kojima Productions have already planned to release the MGS4 Solid Snake action figure to be released this November(!). Check it out here. Click on the MGS series and go to "GOODS" next to MGS4. Read the description too...very funny. I must get this figure, I must!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; May 11th, 2006 at 11:40 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #23
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
It looks awesome!

Kojima confirmed on Famitsu that MGS4 will be the ending chapter of the series, and that Portable Ops will be one of the seven games narrating the MG canonic storyline (Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS 1-4 + special ops); this explains the seven in the title, but also what Meryl pointed out - about a possible 7/7/2007 release date to celebrate the 20th anniversary since the launch of the first Metal Gear - is interesting and hardly a coincidence.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #24
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
I JuSt foUNd ThE trAiLEr fOR Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops...
HAve a LOoK 4 yOUrsELveS, iT SeeMS qUiTE iNteREStiNG:

Edit by Harry: Link removed; the link is from Konami servers, but the website just linked directly to the stream. Since Konami asked us not to link directly to their streams, please follow the link and enter the MPO section, already available in the news we posted about the game.
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #25
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qjij_jijQ
I JuSt foUNd ThE trAiLEr fOR Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops...
HAve a LOoK 4 yOUrsELveS, iT SeeMS qUiTE iNteREStiNG:

Edit by Harry: Link removed; the link is from Konami servers, but the website just linked directly to the stream. Since Konami asked us not to link directly to their streams, please follow the link and enter the MPO section, already available in the news we posted about the game.
i know it looks great, almost looks like a PS2 game. im very happy they finaly made a "TRUE" mgs game on PSP and the story being part of the main canon is the icing in the cake. we'll finally see how big boss turn to the dark side and form Outer Heave.

im definately excited about this, heck i even plan to buy that Digital Comic that Konami is releasing on the PSP.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #26
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Just watched the 15 minutes trailer for MGS4, whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Best cinematic trailer i've ever seen for a game, raiden is back in style

https://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure...3IwlTCs5bsMuzE
Old May 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #27
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Thanks dan, I hadn't seen the 15 min version before...
God I hate how Snake looks... why not give him a "battle beard" to go with his famous "battle mullet" instead of a stupid moustache? It would've been way better ( fits the character more, IMO )

At least the rest looks good...
Never thought Snake's appearance would be the bad part of a Metal Gear game.
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #28
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
God I hate how Snake looks... why not give him a "battle beard" to go with his famous "battle mullet" instead of a stupid moustache? It would've been way better ( fits the character more, IMO )
Really? I thought the moustache looked rather dashing on him. Though, granted, I think Kojima made him even older than in the '05 TGS trailer. I suppose people liked the idea of old Snake, so Kojima thought "Oh no, that's not good, they like him this way! I know! Let's make him older!" He should've left Snake the way he was during TGS.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old May 13th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #29
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Crikey... Kojima should have taken advice from Yoshiyuki Tomino. Giving a popular icon a moustache is always a recipe for disaster

Last edited by kupoartist; May 13th, 2006 at 01:20 PM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #30
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
Crikey... Kojima should have taken advice from Yoshiyuki Tomino. Giving a popular icon a moustache is always a recipe for disaster
I guess you're also not a fan of the moustache. Well, it's a bit of a nice change...after all, most of the characters have changed in terms of appearance (just look at Naomi) so why not switch to a moustache? And I really cannot imagine an old Snake with a weird stubble since he doesn't have mullet hair anymore, lol.

You Can Help

Old May 13th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #31
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
I like the moustache! I think Snake looks older in the trailer because of what you talked about in the trailer... his body is decaying, and I won't be surprised if during the game you see him getting older and older.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #32
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Gosh, that was an exciting trailer. It takes something really special to make excited about any game, but it achieved it. The Metal Gear storyline is just something else entirely removed from your normal games. It's incredibly special. I think few games have been as inherently post-modern and brilliant as MGS2 and 3.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #33
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Just think about it meryl...
The guy's a freakin' war veteran that doesn't care what he looks like, but he would take the time, in the middle of a war, to trim his moustache so it looks good? Nah, the real Snake wouldn't have gone with anything else than a full blown battle beard... and you know it!
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #34
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg

This is slightly off-topic, but Kojima Productions have already planned to release the MGS4 Solid Snake action figure to be released this November(!). Check it out here. Click on the MGS series and go to "GOODS" next to MGS4. Read the description too...very funny. I must get this figure, I must!
Maybe I'm blind or they took it off the website, but I can't find a news article or a picture of the action figure. Quite upsetting.

As for the trailer, no need to extend my own thoughts on how great it looks, and most of the discussion already had. Except, as for Big Boss, on the teaser poster way back when his body was decayed and he was naked. Basically, just a drawing of his dead body. At the end of Snake's Revenge, Snake kills Big Boss by setting him on fire and leaves him to die. Shortly after the government or whoever came by and took his body to preserve it. I would assume that his remains will play a role in this story once again, as it did in the original Metal Gear Solid.

As for the grave scene, the only logical person I think it could be is Gray Fox, like a gravestone for unidentified war heros. Or maybe even Fortune or someone else that has died in MGS1 or 2. Although I'm going to stick with Gray Fox until the game comes out..
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #35
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
So I watched the shorter version of the trailor this morning. I didn't want to experience too many spoilers so I think I will stick with just having seen that one.

Well... WOW

I mean, I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said, but I think I can officially share my expression of WOW!!!

I haven't been as up on the series as others, but after seeing that I want to go back and finish the other games in the series if I can find the time. I haven't even touched Metal Gear Solid 3 other than a demo of it. After Harry mentioned the strong messages pertaining to such things as the Iraq war in it I am downright intrigued to play MGS3 as soon as possible!

War is all part of the business of the world economy. Why not put barcodes on soldiers like a snickers bar? Scary. It's already going on and has been longer than we would care to admit.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #36
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
Maybe I'm blind or they took it off the website, but I can't find a news article or a picture of the action figure. Quite upsetting.
Click on the Metal Gear Solid series link; once there, click on the "goods" button in the Metal Gear Solid 4 section of the page.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #37
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito
I won't be surprised if during the game you see him getting older and older.
This would be truly interesting and considering in MGS3 we were able to see Big Boss' change in posture/movements whenever he got injured, a progressing aging or decaying effect for Snake might possibly appear in MGS4.

Quote:
Just think about it meryl...
The guy's a freakin' war veteran that doesn't care what he looks like, but he would take the time, in the middle of a war, to trim his moustache so it looks good? Nah, the real Snake wouldn't have gone with anything else than a full blown battle beard... and you know it!
Well couldn't it have been possible that Snake was sort of in "retirement" before he got picked up by Campbell to go back in the game in MGS4? Perhaps in the meantime he just wanted to sport a new look and this was the result.

Quote:
Yeah, just do what Carlito said and you should find it. Sorry, I should've made the instructions clearer.

Quote:
At the end of Snake's Revenge, Snake kills Big Boss by setting him on fire and leaves him to die.
Wait, but I thought Snake's Revenge was dismissed by Kojima as not being part of the storyline because Snake's Revenge was sort of like the bastard child in the canon. Am I wrong? O_O;;;

Quote:
As for the grave scene, the only logical person I think it could be is Gray Fox, like a gravestone for unidentified war heros. Or maybe even Fortune or someone else that has died in MGS1 or 2. Although I'm going to stick with Gray Fox until the game comes out..
Gray Fox is also a very good possibility but I don't know about Fortune...wouldn't it seem appropriate if it were Raiden to visit her grave instead, since Snake wasn't really involved during that time? Well anyway, I think I like the idea of it being Solidus since MGS4 seems to focus on the cursed bloodline and all.

You Can Help

Old May 14th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #38
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

^ Anyone thinks it could be Olga's grave? ( Just a thought )

Plus, I know his moustache is from his "retired" period, but if like it was suggested, Snake gets older as the game progresses, I hope he'll eventually grow a beard and forget about that idiotic moustache.

... okay, enough pointless ranting from me.
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #39
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I guess you're also not a fan of the moustache.
No No... I'm a fan of Snake's old-guy moustache just as much as I'm a fan of the Turn-A Gundam. You see, the merch-monster came a-visiting with that particular piece of contested design ingenuity

Last edited by kupoartist; May 14th, 2006 at 03:52 PM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #40
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
[color=black]
Wait, but I thought Snake's Revenge was dismissed by Kojima as not being part of the storyline because Snake's Revenge was sort of like the bastard child in the canon. Am I wrong? O_O;;;
Nope, Snake's Revenge is very much officially part of the Metal Gear saga. It was just never released anywhere other than Japan, until MGS3: Substinence that is.

And thanks to the both of you [Carlito and meryl], I totally looked over the 'goods page' like a dunce. Very cool looking, and interesting to note. He's wearing the Solid Eye on the figure, yet he wasn't wearing it in the trailer. I guess it will still be implemented in the game.

Last edited by TtTackler; May 14th, 2006 at 11:35 PM..
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote