Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:11 AM   #1481
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Thinking that playing guitar in Rock Band on hard and expert modes all day long was a bad idea. My hands feel like somebody has driven nails into them.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:47 PM   #1482
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Thanks Psychopu and Berserker. It seems that my problem was either food poisoning or gastroenteritis since the diagnosis and symptoms for both are pretty similar. But yeah, I think the tuna wasn't fresh and probably had some bacteria growing in it. It was stupid of me not to really check but I don't eat tuna that often so I just thought it was okay. I am feeling much better but there is still some problems with my digestion so I may see a doctor this Monday or so.

Thanks again.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:16 AM   #1483
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Good to hear you're well on your way to recovery!

About playing guitar on rockband and guitarhero, my girlfriend got guitar hero 3 on the Wii and whenever I play it too long and I look at the cabinet standing in the corner of the room... my whole view is warping cuase of the constant moving of the notebar in the screen (it's kinda hard to explain in english, but I hope you know what I mean).

Thinking: I'm glad the excruciating pain in my neck and head is gone. Better be carefull with driving with the window down the next few days.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:41 AM   #1484
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker
Good to hear you're well on your way to recovery!

About playing guitar on rockband and guitarhero, my girlfriend got guitar hero 3 on the Wii and whenever I play it too long and I look at the cabinet standing in the corner of the room... my whole view is warping cuase of the constant moving of the notebar in the screen (it's kinda hard to explain in english, but I hope you know what I mean).

Thinking: I'm glad the excruciating pain in my neck and head is gone. Better be carefull with driving with the window down the next few days.
Yeah, it's called Vertigo and happened to me in Guitar Hero 2/3 as well. However this doesn't happen to me at all when playing Rock Band, which is pretty odd. You can read more about it here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_%28medical%29

Also thinking that it's nice the pains in my hands are gone. I can play games again without the pain. I didn't play Rock Band nearly as much today, and leveled off on playing it so much. I guess I was just so excited on getting it back when I got a working 360 that I went a little overboard.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #1485
Berserker
misfit

Thanx for the info Beretta!

It's nasty that you can get that much pain from playing games, mostly because it keeps you from playing more. I used to have that with the Street Fighter-series, those nasty blisters on your thumb cause of the Sho Ryu Kens and Ha Do Kens. Next day you wanna play again and you practically can't because of the bandages

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #1486
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
unordered thoughts.

x. I think I've lost the ability to write with any certainty. Certainly, the inner dialogue is more of an inner-mute these days. Time weighs upon my mind, I age and the world continues to turn. It's getting too late today, and thus the things that need to get done never get done, and tomorrow will bring another day of work and drudgery. Things have turned out somewhat unfairly considering what was offered. I seem to have opted into a system that allows me no real control over my life. This is a sad realisation, but there must be some sort of way to fight back or seize control. Can one mutiny against oneself? We'll just have to try and find out.

x. Next week, the band and I are finally releasing the debut e.p. This is an endeavour that seems to have scoured my creativity. We've worked on it pretty much solidly since january and now I've since lost all perspective of its quality and all my steps are haunted with the idea that I'm not good enough, that my vocal take is flawed flawed flawed. All signs and dreams of indie-chic have been scorched-earth burnt out of me by menial work, so I'm left to wonder how much of my heart is in this. Still, somewhere I'm proud that the band & I have managed to finally get something together that is a statement of this fucking mess we're in, and that people can take it away and hold something physical that represents the songs we're shouting at the wind, trying to get through to someone (indeed, anyone) to have the world realise that we exist, that we're HERE.

x. When I set out upon the path of defining my identity I was self-assured and less easily bored. Now I'm often bored of the world, and far less assured. I've destroyed the beauty of youth with the hideous ugly nature of growing too jaded to change myself for the better. It's so strange to be twenty-four, and feeling your body fighting a rearguard action trying to stoke the fires of action and relight the candles of deadly impulse, the same deadly impulse that gave youth that attractive edge that is now missing. In the scale of things I am young, but I feel nothing but the negative. I must turn this inside out and channel that towards something that will carry me through; resolve the crooked paths that I have walked to this point and restart that fire. Life should be as exciting as fireworks, but instead for the last five years it's been nothing but a rainy carnival day.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.

Last edited by Faile; Apr 28th, 2008 at 06:42 PM..
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #1487
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
x. I think I've lost the ability to write with any certainty. Certainly, the inner dialogue is more of an inner-mute these days. Time weighs upon my mind, I age and the world continues to turn. It's getting too late today, and thus the things that need to get done never get done, and tomorrow will bring another day of work and drudgery. Things have turned out somewhat unfairly considering what was offered. I seem to have opted into a system that allows me no real control over my life. This is a sad realisation, but there must be some sort of way to fight back or seize control. Can one mutiny against oneself? We'll just have to try and find out.

x. Next week, the band and I are finally releasing the debut e.p. This is an endeavour that seems to have scoured my creativity. We've worked on it pretty much solidly since january and now I've since lost all perspective of its quality and all my steps are haunted with the idea that I'm not good enough, that my vocal take is flawed flawed flawed. All signs and dreams of indie-chic have been scorched-earth burnt out of me by menial work, so I'm left to wonder how much of my heart is in this. Still, somewhere I'm proud that the band & I have managed to finally get something together that is a statement of this fucking mess we're in, and that people can take it away and hold something physical that represents the songs we're shouting at the wind, trying to get through to someone (indeed, anyone) to have the world realise that we exist, that we're HERE.

x. When I set out upon the path of defining my identity I was self-assured and less easily bored. Now I'm often bored of the world, and far less assured. I've destroyed the beauty of youth with the hideous ugly nature of growing too jaded to change myself for the better. It's so strange to be twenty-four, and feeling your body fighting a rearguard action trying to stoke the fires of action and relight the candles of deadly impulse, the same deadly impulse that gave youth that attractive edge that is now missing. In the scale of things I am young, but I feel nothing but the negative. I must turn this inside out and channel that towards something that will carry me through; resolve the crooked paths that I have walked to this point and restart that fire. Life should be as exciting as fireworks, but instead for the last five years it's been nothing but a rainy carnival day.
Your words have a cruel beauty in them.

About your debut E.P., I know it isn't any help for the feelings you got now...but it's quite normal I suppose. After our first demo and after that our full lenght cd and contributions to various samplers... I normally could hardly listen to my parts! All I could hear was faults, flaws and awfull sounding things that weren't there. I don't know what it is, but it seems like how more intense the process of creating the music and cd/ep/lp etc. was how difficult it is to listen objectivally to your work. We recorded one song for a tributesampler in about six hours, including bass, drums, two guitar parts, lead and backing vocals only the master mxing was done in another session and I loved the result! So I really think it has something to do with intensity and the trouble of letting things go after such an intense process.

One's doubt is a sign of intellect.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #1488
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

You know that caller in GTA3 who calls up Chatterbox and talks to Lazlow about ants? And how they're "like sheep, they're taking over" and stuff?

...Well, it's true. Sure, it was funny as hell listening to it on Chatterbox but omfg...I hate ants! I accidently left a little bit of chocolate (opened but in original packing and box) in my room and after a while, ants just started streaming in. So there I am, whacking and smacking all these little buggers (feeling like I'm working for a pest control or something) for weeks and weeks, when I finally decided to find out the trail's origin. And unfortunately, it's around the sides of the room because the carpeting wasn't properly "glued" into its place (argh!) so there's little holes/cracks unseen unless you push down on the carpet.

So now I've looked up how to get rid of ants and I've found some solutions. One of them is baby powder/talcum so I've drenched the holes/cracks with them and hopefully this'll take care of those little $*&^.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old May 19th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #1489
Berserker
misfit

I'm thinking what a great meal I ate yesterday in that thai restaurant, a really great thai curry!

Vincere Aut Mori
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #1490
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Thinking:
Can't wait till Saturday, this weekend should be a great one.
I wish I had my own recording studio
I'm tired

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #1491
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Thinking some pretty happy thoughts right now. Passed my written test at the DMV today (got 100%) and now I'm taking some drivers ed driving in a few minutes. I'll be doing it a couple of more times after today and then if I'm comfortable enough, I can go take my actual drivers test. Since I'm 18, I don't have to deal with that permit, waiting a full six months for a full license law that was passed a couple of years ago.

All in all, things are pretty awesome right now. Thus me thinking about how awesome it is.
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #1492
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I'm also thinking some happy thoughts and wondering what's it going to be like in Phoenix Arizona. Monday, I was accepted in U.T.I. (Universal Technical Institute) My classes start on Oct 6, 2008 and graduation is Oct 2, 2009. Going through the financial aid process, and waiting for the housing department to contact me.

I'm excited about it, too, because it's been a long time since I've been to another state (or traveling), let alone, my first time on the west coast.

I also got a new tv and computer. (HDMI stuff... "shrugs")
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #1493
Faile
ys.

I'm in a mild state of panic because I was made redundant today. Woe. Unemployment is the new black, right?

Arrgh, not good.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #1494
Berserker
misfit

Sorry to hear that Faile!

Thinking: things are changing high speed at work, wonder where this will al take us, I'm so glad I started studying in january last year. That way I got a lot of options open....

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #1495
Berserker
misfit

Only 12 days left till my trip to Athens...joy!

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #1496
Faile
ys.

Have fun!

I'm thinking about how much my thumb still hurts seven days after I dislocated it. No more goalkeeping for me...

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #1497
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
Have fun!

I'm thinking about how much my thumb still hurts seven days after I dislocated it. No more goalkeeping for me...
Thanx! Painfull indeed, I remember those from having to play Basketball in gymclass and that stupid ball hits your fingers in a strange angle....
Get well soon!

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #1498
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Dislocated fingers! They hurt so much! The pain lasts weeks and weeks. I still feel pain for a thumb I hurt years ago - pretending you're a plumber when you clearly are not isn't safe

Berserker, have fun in Athens!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #1499
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Thinking about how excited I am to travel up east to search for a location where we may move to. The excitement comes from the prospect of actually leaving this sh*thole of a place and seeing/experiencing a new location and people! The people is so important...if we move, no longer would I have to hear stupid conversations by these brain-dead idiots who talk of nothing but having babies, getting married, how their 14-year old daughters are pregnant and how excited they are (yes, the PARENTS are excited), and other entirely mind-numbing small-town gossipy crap! Along with those idiotic, whiny, spoiled University students and professors who think they're sooo intellectual but can't even read a goddamn sign!

I can't wait! Hooray!

EDIT: Have fun on your trip Berserker! I heard Athens is a great place to travel to because the people are friendly and the scenes are gorgeous!

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:01 PM..
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 05:37 AM   #1500
Berserker
misfit

Thanx everyone! Gonna pick up the tickets today, it's getting real close now...can feel the excitment growing!

Congrats on the good news Meryl, seems like an exciting time is ahead of you! Hope you're going somewhere where you can feel right at home!

Vincere Aut Mori