Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:59 PM   #41
Virtualeclipse
Virtual

Virtualeclipse is on a distinguished road
Yeah..... Wow what a speech. I actualy read it. Ur right never really thoguht of it that way
Virtualeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 09:26 PM   #42
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Uh, well I'm not exactly a music expert or anything so I shouldn't really open my mouth but from the discussion going on about worst songs or worst music, don't you guys think it's really up to the listener? I mean, sure, there a majority of agreements on certain bad music (like pop) and all that, but there's also some people out there who say that the mainstream pop music is great. So, what I'm trying to say is (not offending anyone, mind you), what makes everyone on here "music experts"? I mean, Faile says Creed isn't innovative and Il Palazzo says they are. But, who's to say who's right? Ahh...let me try to make myself more clear:
Let's say, you listen to punk music...and you think that's the best kind of music in the world...so when you're presented with pop music, of course you're going to say "Oh, that's the worst song/music ever!", but what if that pop song really isn't so bad? Can you really say "That's a terrible song" just because you're not into that type of music?
Another example, some people say "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" from The Darkness is a terrible song...while some say it's wonderful...but who's really right in this? How can people argue about which song rules over the other when everyone has different likes and dislikes?
So, what I'm trying to say in the end is that there really shouldn't be arguments about which band creates the best music and which doesn't because everyone has different tastes. I like J-Rock/J-Pop and can say that that's the best type of music or that the bands I listen to come up with really creative stuff, while others can say that J-Rock/J-Pop is full of crap and really obnoxious music. But in the end, it won't matter since it's up to the listener.
The thing is I listen too all forms of Rock music, and a lot of Jazz and Blues. I've even look at all the technical things about each band, and what they are capable of and how they work and I make an assessment from there. Being a musician, I can look at the difficulty and originality of each piece and how it stacks up to other music. Thats how I usually base my opinion.

Creed is a very technical band espically on My Own Prison and Human Clay. They incorporate a lot of little things in there lyrics and in the instrumentals that are just fantastic, so of the best things I've heard on guitar were from Mark Tremonti. Just because there famous and get radio play alot doesn't make the band bad. Its just that the people really love the music and so they play it to appeal to them. I don't want to start any major fights with Faile, but to associate them with being Commercial sellouts is silly.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 11:00 PM   #43
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So, what I'm trying to say in the end is that there really shouldn't be arguments about which band creates the best music and which doesn't because everyone has different tastes
Your absolutely right Meryl. But, I think its still ok to air your opinion on any type of music . And thats what most of us have done here. And people get defensive when someone is disrespectful to thier music. Its to be expected really. But I dont think anyone takes any real offense to it. Were all entitled to out opinions and there is NO RIGHT OR WRONG in a matter of opinion. Especially with something as subjective as music. But does that mean that one shouldnt fully express thier opinion one way or the other ?.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #44
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

The thing is I listen too all forms of Rock music, and a lot of Jazz and Blues. I've even look at all the technical things about each band, and what they are capable of and how they work and I make an assessment from there. Being a musician, I can look at the difficulty and originality of each piece and how it stacks up to other music. Thats how I usually base my opinion.
That's perfectly fine how you form your opinion, but it's still your opinion. Because for people like you and some others, you guys, like you said, look at the technicalities, difficulty and originality to base how you feel about the music/band. Maybe for you, you enjoy seeing bands work hard at creating original music and as a result, you feel the band/music has quality. But, let's say the band works hard, tries to create original music and all that, but if the song(s) don't appeal to you, you wouldn't really say "Oh, they're a great band!" because the songs just don't sound good to you. Well..at least that's how I see it.

Quote:
Creed is a very technical band espically on My Own Prison and Human Clay. They incorporate a lot of little things in there lyrics and in the instrumentals that are just fantastic, so of the best things I've heard on guitar were from Mark Tremonti. Just because there famous and get radio play alot doesn't make the band bad. Its just that the people really love the music and so they play it to appeal to them. I don't want to start any major fights with Faile, but to associate them with being Commercial sellouts is silly.
You're right; even if the band does get a lot of media attention, it doesn't mean they are bad or commercial sellouts. However, if we're speaking about the times now, a majority of bands nowadays are very much just all "media" and maybe that's why Faile feels Creed is one of these bands. And of course, you disagree. But all I'm saying is, there isn't a right answer to either because it's a matter of opinions/likes/dislikes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

But does that mean that one shouldnt fully express thier opinion one way or the other ?.
No, of course you can express your opinion. It's fine to express your opinion and feel strongly about it, but when an argument starts (or is about to start) trying to convince the other party why the band/music is so good, there's no point. I mean, Il Palazzo could go on for pages and pages describing why Creed provides quality music and is one of the best and hardworking bands around, but Faile isn't going to back down and just agree when he doesn't feel that way. And Faile could also go on for pages and pages describing why he thinks Creed is a sellout band. But, as I said before, there's no point in getting really angry or upset over opinions even if they are based on facts.

Ah...I guess I'm just trying to prevent an avoidable argument...sorry if it seemed like I was being nosy or something.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 4th, 2004 at 08:21 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 05:48 AM   #45
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I just agree that this is a somewhat immature thread to begin with. "Worst Song Ever!" Can't you just picture some kid on TRL with a nasal voice saying that on tv right before giving "shout outs" to their friends?

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 07:35 PM   #46
Virtualeclipse
Virtual

Virtualeclipse is on a distinguished road
U know red u killed the whole thread... lol
Virtualeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #47
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Reanimation91

U know red u killed the whole thread... lol
Sorry, man. Backs away, slowly....n

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote