Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 27th, 2002, 07:22 PM   #41
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Anyway, I'm not telling that forum will be closed till the end of times.
I want to see how things go during the next days and then I can eventually reconsider this choice.
It could be a temporary situation, if I see that all was for the people who got banned and that other ones can act in a reasonable way.
I just want to make sure that after closing that forum people won't be spamming other forums with consoles wars threads (we had enough of it, I think, and there's nothing new we can add to what's already been said).

And yeah, I think we should add at least another mod to that forum, in case it'll be re-opened. Not because SSSnake is not a good one, but because being Harry often busy with the site and being SSSnake alone sometimes, it'll be useful to have a couple of addictional eyes
Oh well, let's see what happens...
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:30 PM   #42
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
Sounds good to me.. Though I might just be acting agreeable because I'm scared of your new Avatar... its.. looking at me funny.... o_o *backs away*

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:32 PM   #43
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
It's difficult to find someone you trust, that's why I didn't add other moderators. We'll see what happens in the future, and sincerely, I don't think the problem was only caused by the ones who were banned today.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:38 PM   #44
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
That's so beautiful Harry
You know you can trust me... always !
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:42 PM   #45
Mercury Shadow
Calculating Infinity

Mercury Shadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry

Oh, I really liked the first posts in this thread, and in fact Mercury Shadow was one of the first persons I thought of when we decided to shut down the forum. Because he was enjoying the Other Consoles forums like me: he wanted to know something more about the other great consoles around, nothing more. I'm sorry for you Mercury and for all the others like you.
Thanks Harry, I appreciate it.

I'm Nobody's Weasel
Mercury Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:52 PM   #46
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
That's so beautiful Harry
You know you can trust me... always !
hehehehe thanks!

Hey didn't you trick me once with the nickname stuff? Hehe
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:54 PM   #47
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
Me ? Trick you ?!? Harry... How could you think somethin' like that ?

lol ! Seriously, I had more usernames here than you think...

Remember:
Ruhm
Eiffel4it
BlurqJurk

They are all the same person
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 09:03 PM   #48
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
I doubt I can add something interesting to this thread. But as Mourdor said, I think the fact Fortune closed the forum was a necessary and inevitable measure to stop the fightings.
Maybe we gave too many occasions to some members (I banned pipetender myself the first time and then he sent me many emails with his apologies and I thought "ok, he got the lesson", but I was completely wrong on that point...).

I think also that maybe, if (and I mean if) we re-open the forum, people would be more careful in expressing their hate towards a console or the owners of a console. I liked the idea of a consoles forums, but I had doubts about it from the beginning, because I was sure about the fact that a forum like that one is usually source of troubles.

I was surprised to see that really few people there were interested in talking about the differences, the games and the possibilities of each console posting clever comparisons and showing others their point of view without asking them to have their same ideas. Some of them had only the kind of interest that sounds like "Let's see if there's still someone offending my console, so I can offend them as well". I'm not saying that there are only 2 categories of persons, as someone mentioned above, but that was the impression I got when browsing that forum. Also some members that everywhere else (I mean in other forums apart from that one) acted in a polite way, seemed to have lost their control there. And all this was just to defend a console instaed of another...
I mean: c'mon! This is a videogaming forum and it's supposed to be a place where you can discuss about the things you like. There's no need to repeat several times that you hate a console: It's not for this type of debates that we opened a whole forum!
And the worst thing was the petition to get rid of some members, which, to tell the truth, was completely off topic (and the fact the thread was posted by a member who got banned some days before was just hilarious ).
I don't want to sound repetitive, but only few members here asked for the help of the administrators regarding this matter. Only three or four members here report posts. I don't want to sound boring, but next time you should report threads when it's time, not start a petition after a month you've been offended!
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 09:39 PM   #49
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
Whoa! I missed some quite interesting events today

I think mods and admins did a good work: that forum was a mess and some members didn't understand the reason the forum was there. Too bad for the ones who really liked it...
Old May 28th, 2002, 08:23 PM   #50
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I missed this thread, so now I'm a bit late. As for my behavior in The Other Consoles forum, I apologize if I offended or behaved in an immature way. While I am usually able to ignore some immature posts....Funky's and hotshot's were just getting under my skin and I was not too happy that they were ruining the enviroment of that forum. The first time I visited the Other Consoles, I only wanted to see if anyone was talking about the Dreamcast or any other consoles. When I got there, Funky was already there, posting some rather annoying stuff about the PS2 and all. I am sorry to see the Other Consoles forum go, but I understand Fortune's decision to close it for a while, if not, forever. I would get very tired of seeing Funky's threads or posts pop up, when all I wanted to do was see if anyone had any opinions on other games and so on, so I feel this is a good decision she made. But, I am sorry that I won't be able to find out about some GC games or X-Box games, because I am now trying to decide which console I should buy because of game reasons, nothing else. SSSnake, I feel you did a wonderful job moderating the forum and you shouldn't blame yourself, since there was nothing that you could've done. It was the immature and ignorant duo that wouldn't listen, so you did the best you could. As for Carlito mentioning that if anyone gets offended, please report the post.....I'm sorry I didn't do that when Funky insulted me, but I didn't want to bother you guys, knowing how busy you were and all, and plus, his insult (while it did make me quite mad) didn't really do me harm. I thank those of you (Sleazy, Merc, SSSnake, and BlackThornn) who tried to help defend me. Anyway, as I said before, if the Other Consoles forum gets reopened, I will be happy, but if it continues to stay closed, then I respect your decision and will be able to move on.
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2002, 10:17 PM   #51
hotshot657
banned

hotshot657 is on a distinguished road
Dont get mad------but i think the idea of an other consoles forum at a PS2 site is a bit useless. No one goes to a PS2 site to learn good things about Xbox and GC. I think the whole time the forum was up, it was used for console debating. I'd like to see a forum specifically for console debating, with mature members who can compare the consoles w/o insulting, lying, or being just plain stupid... Maybe i acted this way before...its probably y i was banned, along w/ that psx2central statement, but i wont be that way anymore.
hotshot657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:31 AM   #52
Rohamgh

Rohamgh is on a distinguished road
wtf???

I just came back from a respite, you closed down the Other Consoles forum?? I saw y'all banned hotshot, but FunkyMonk too? What, so I'll be next then, eh?

I'm going to say what I said in the other thread about HotShot. Dudes, fella's, folks, guys, girls, 1-sided discussions are indeed pointless. And, whoever doesn't like Other Consoles shouldn't go in it!

I held PS2Fantasy to be one of the best sites on consoles, much better than certain other sites who charge you money, or others who have a bad color scheme. But mods, with all due respect, you're getting too heavy handed here!

EDIT: um...please don't ban me?....
the usurper, the throne-claimer,
the Lord of the Ring..."
Rohamgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:32 AM   #53
Rohamgh

Quote:
Originally posted by Rohamgh
wtf???

I just came back from a respite, you closed down the Other Consoles forum?? I saw y'all banned hotshot, but FunkyMonk too? What, so I'll be next then, eh?

I'm going to say what I said in the other thread about HotShot. Dudes, fella's, folks, guys, girls, 1-sided discussions are indeed pointless. And, whoever doesn't like Other Consoles shouldn't go in it!

I held PS2Fantasy to be one of the best sites on consoles, much better than certain other sites who charge you money, or others who have a bad color scheme. But mods, with all due respect, you're getting too heavy handed here!
I'm sincerely sorry for re-posting, but why do i only have 14 posts now???
the Lord of the Ring..."
Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:54 AM   #54
Mercury Shadow
Calculating Infinity

Mercury Shadow is on a distinguished road
your post count is low because all your posts in the other console forum have beenb erased, thats all.

I'm Nobody's Weasel
Mercury Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:58 AM   #55
The Skum
The Model ™

The Skum is on a distinguished road
it seems you heavily bombarded other consoles and thats why you had many many posts
Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:25 PM   #56
mechman

mechman is on a distinguished road
The results are in. Click here to see them. 6 people want hotshot back, 6 people don't, and 12 people dont care. Its all up to the mods...
mechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:50 PM   #57
Rohamgh

Quote:
Originally posted by The Skum
it seems you heavily bombarded other consoles and thats why you had many many posts

Not really bombarded, it's just that that was the only forum I used, I found the others to be..well...boring...
the Lord of the Ring..."
Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:53 PM   #58
Rohamgh

Quote:
Originally posted by hotshot657
Dont get mad------but i think the idea of an other consoles forum at a PS2 site is a bit useless. No one goes to a PS2 site to learn good things about Xbox and GC. I think the whole time the forum was up, it was used for console debating. I'd like to see a forum specifically for console debating, with mature members who can compare the consoles w/o insulting, lying, or being just plain stupid... Maybe i acted this way before...its probably y i was banned, along w/ that psx2central statement, but i wont be that way anymore.
guess you got banned anyway tho.

ahahaha

i'm joking ahaha
the Lord of the Ring..."