Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #21
linkkiller31
punker to the end

linkkiller31 is on a distinguished road
I think any rap boy bands
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #22
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
There are so many bad songs around, that I find impossible to pick only one. Actually, there are more "worst songs" than "best songs" around. Most of average commercial pop music is crap. To not mention all those fake rappers and punk kids. Ah, don't make me think about it, my head hurts
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #23
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You're all pretty short sighted as to why rap as a musical form is so successful today. you need to work forward from the sugarhill gang and then look at the political reasons behind rap.
Im going to have to disagree with EVERYTHING you just said. Well almost everything. Sure raps roots are filled with political strife expressed though its music. But what is rap lately ? Are you telling me thier are serious political issues being discussed in mainstream rap today ? I guess a "Bitch" shaking her ass on "da" dance floor is an issue now. Im sure John Karry's going to make "Gettin Crunked" a major ticket in his campaign. Are thier a couple rap songs lately that do deal with serious issues ? Sure. But they are very few and far between

As for Creed...Ill have to agree with Palazzo . Creed payed thier dues as much as any band and have sence put out some VERY good music. Maybe not Metallica..theyre washed up and get 0 love from me anymore.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #24
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by beserker

Anything by Britney Smears, Christina Aguilira etc.
Superficial crap!
Ugh, thanks for reminding me of Christina and that Chop Suey remix..........

HBFDOVNREJIVNRERE43T8Y743540689754Y67'FVMBEDKOBNM
x2

That is the WORSE SONG EVER
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #25
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
Christina and that Chop Suey
Aguilara did a remix of Chop Suey !? Are you kidding me !?. Please....please tell me your joking !

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #26
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

Aguilara did a remix of Chop Suey !? Are you kidding me !?. Please....please tell me your joking !
I think it was avril lavinge or however you spell that dumb womans name... But either is no good IMO so ah well.. heres to the progression of shitty music!

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #27
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Any band (Creed) that puts a sticker on their cd's with "biggest band in america" is asking for trouble. Both those bands I listed are commercial MOR. Innovative music ? Kelis - Milkshake. Thats innovative. Fuck tha police by the NWA, again innovative. Hip Hop, R&B whatever. Just because these songs aren't from the same culture as myself and (I suspect) the majority of you doesn't make them any less astounding or any less hard working.

Just my opinion mind. You're welcome to yours too.
And don't think prepackaged pop doesn't sicken me, because it truely does. Just commercial rock, the same as any image seeking music, has the same effect on me.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM   #28
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Faile

Any band (Creed) that puts a sticker on their cd's with "biggest band in america" is asking for trouble. Both those bands I listed are commercial MOR. Innovative music ? Kelis - Milkshake. Thats innovative. Fuck tha police by the NWA, again innovative. Hip Hop, R&B whatever. Just because these songs aren't from the same culture as myself and (I suspect) the majority of you doesn't make them any less astounding or any less hard working.

And don't think prepackaged pop doesn't sicken me, because it truely does. Just commercial rock, the same as any image seeking music, has the same effect on me.
Look at this way faile. Creed continues to write great songs and they work hard to do it. Thats what sells. You have to write music that grabs the person. All these other bands maybe good, but if they can't right a hit song to keep them alive they don't really belong in the business. The thing is Creed has never disappointed. On every CD they wrote countless technical and huge power ballads that most bands can't touch so they copy. You notice a lot of clones are arriving because of Creed. They are the revolutionary band that brought that sound out.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #29
Faile
ys.

But looking at it like that I can say something like -

Random Pop Band = Lots of Sales.
Creed = Lots of Sales.

Both are forms of music I find equally as sterile so where is the difference to me. Soft Metal and Van Halen like guitar solos are evil. As are the clone bands.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #30
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Yeah I don't know if you were comparing Creed to van halen but sorry Mark Tremonti can blow that ass outta the water as well as many other aspiring guitarist. You think you know speed, then you haven't seen this guy shred. Don't compare them to anyone there on there own damn level. And of course Creed is going to sell a lot of albums espically with the high caliber music they put on along with there fantastic live shows.

Social Networks
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 03:53 PM   #31
linkkiller31
punker to the end

linkkiller31 is on a distinguished road
I also think country sucks all of it.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 12:21 AM   #32
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
Kelis - Milkshake. Thats innovative
Ahem...Innovative ? Are you shitting me ?. A song about your ass making guys horny is "Innovative". She's no more than a black Brittanie spears in my eyes. I file that under pre packaged pop music. Didnt you say you hate that too ?

Quote:
Yup

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Feb 28th, 2004 at 12:23 AM..
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #33
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Faile

Any band (Creed) that puts a sticker on their cd's with "biggest band in america" is asking for trouble. Both those bands I listed are commercial MOR.
That bothers me too (not referring to any band in particular, but to many different cases). But in some cases, even if the music sucks, you must consider it's not them who put that stck on the CD so it's not completely their fault

Advertising a pruduct means losing the sense of reality, very often
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 12:35 AM   #34
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
That bothers me too (not referring to any band in particular, but to many different cases). But in some cases, even if the music sucks, you must consider it's not them who put that stck on the CD so it's not completely their fault
Yeah, thats up to the marketing people they hire. So I wouldnt put all the blame on the bands themselves. But im sure they would probably have the ultimate say on the matter. Or does the lebel control that...hmmm...anyone know ?

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 10:06 AM   #35
Faile
ys.

I can show you any number of articles in the music press where Kelis is also described as innovative. But it cannot change your mind.

And the sticker thing annoyed me because at some point the band have okayed the album cover and design. If they haven't then they are tools. Simple. And if they have then its pure ego, nothing less.
Its not even as though it was a quote from a review. It was a simple statement, based not on sales of previous material but from, in my eyes at least, ego alone. But its true, if it can sell a product than reality often slips.

And please, don't be criticising me personally for what I write.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #36
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
I can show you any number of articles in the music press where Kelis is also described as innovative
I could show you articles people have written claiming that Big Foot exists. Doesent mean a thing

Quote:
And please, don't be criticising me personally for what I write
Wouldnt dream of it

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #37
Faile
ys.

Aha, we all know Sasquatch exists ! He played drums for tenacious d for a while !

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 04:39 PM   #38
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Ahhh..I almost forgot, so that wasnt the best example then

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 02:16 PM   #39
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Whats this when you talk about stickers about "Biggest Band In America" and Creed. They never did anything like that. And this Kelis, I can come up with better stuff than that. Its not innovative at all. And again don't associate Creed with having an ego or being sellouts. Read there success story, they've worked freakin hard to get where they are.

Social Networks
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:40 PM   #40
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Uh, well I'm not exactly a music expert or anything so I shouldn't really open my mouth but from the discussion going on about worst songs or worst music, don't you guys think it's really up to the listener? I mean, sure, there a majority of agreements on certain bad music (like pop) and all that, but there's also some people out there who say that the mainstream pop music is great. So, what I'm trying to say is (not offending anyone, mind you), what makes everyone on here "music experts"? I mean, Faile says Creed isn't innovative and Il Palazzo says they are. But, who's to say who's right? Ahh...let me try to make myself more clear:
Let's say, you listen to punk music...and you think that's the best kind of music in the world...so when you're presented with pop music, of course you're going to say "Oh, that's the worst song/music ever!", but what if that pop song really isn't so bad? Can you really say "That's a terrible song" just because you're not into that type of music?
Another example, some people say "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" from The Darkness is a terrible song...while some say it's wonderful...but who's really right in this? How can people argue about which song rules over the other when everyone has different likes and dislikes?
So, what I'm trying to say in the end is that there really shouldn't be arguments about which band creates the best music and which doesn't because everyone has different tastes. I like J-Rock/J-Pop and can say that that's the best type of music or that the bands I listen to come up with really creative stuff, while others can say that J-Rock/J-Pop is full of crap and really obnoxious music. But in the end, it won't matter since it's up to the listener.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote