Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:20 PM   #21
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
Because most/many magazine critics come from major metropolitan areas, and most people who come from major metropolitan areas can either relate or better stand a guy who's singing f*** every half second and spouting lots of things around violence than anyone who could even be percieved as "overly religious".

Personally, and I don't mean to hurt any feelings or nuthin here, but I don't think Creed is all that big a deal. Smash Mouth was doing upbeat, posotive songs that appealed to everyone who wasn't a grinch.. they didn't include lyrics that could be categorized as religious at all, because in truth much of religion is a bad, opressive thing. It centers on being morally right instead of just "right & happy". I think that's why Creed isn't being recognized as much by critics than Eminem. That and it's a more juicy article ranting about how degrading an artist who is offensive than praising a band that manages to not use profanity and violent ideals in thier lyrics.

*shrugs* Just my thoughts..

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:41 PM   #22
AsylumEscapee

AsylumEscapee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackThornn
they didn't include lyrics that could be categorized as religious at all, because in truth much of religion is a bad, opressive thing.
Amen.
AsylumEscapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:45 PM   #23
AudioBoxer
Banned Member

AudioBoxer is on a distinguished road
Cool

Like I am saying for the 2nd time people like the music the like. Cant judge that and will never be able to. Plus the most sold records on a Bands contract was Metallica, sorry but their new album will rip apart Creed. Yes, their songs kinda do sond the same. I dont give a crap rock is better than rap right?
Rappers have no talent. I can stand rap, they get paid more for doing crap than rockers have to be all nsyc with each to make it sound good...................................
AudioBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:52 PM   #24
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Just to add to this, maybe becuase creed is not all that original. Sure they play there own music, but a band is a band. Its un fortunite but thats what they are. They play songs in a band just like other bands do, and there are thousands and thousands and thousands of bands. I agree Creed is one of the best bands out there today, but they are a band.

Eminem on the other hand is a white rapper. The only other somewhat famous white rapper I can think of is Vinella Ice. He was the first. Sure there are others out there, but Eminem is such a rarity in the music industry that i figure thats why he gets pointed at so much. Not only is he rare but he makes him self stand out more by saying things to get people to look at him. He is one of the smartest entertainers in the world. I tell you i wish I though of it and had talent. If a down to earth, country boy that wouldn't hurt a flee like myself can like his talents, anyone can.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:57 PM   #25
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
Oh gawd, Eminem needs to go and think things out for once. Although I'm not one to say anything, but he has his daughter on the same album in which he goes and kills his x-wife (again). A good 3/4 of his songs have no meaning and just influence young idiots (like at my school). When was the last time you heard someone doing something horrible and then hearing it was linked to Creed. Never. Yes, some songs he has have some meaning, but that is only beacuse he is complaining about the negative attention he has been getting.

Speaking of which, the media screws everything and everyone. "Creed is a Christian band." The band members themselves have said that they aren't. People just can't seem to get it out of their heads. Who cares if they are religious? It is their lives to live, not ours.

As for the top selling thing, does it surprise you that boy bands and chicks like Spears are up there? I'd say about 98% of their sales are from women 13-20. There are millions out there, and a good majority has at least one cd. Creed, in the rock genre, can compete with that. That shows just how great a band is.
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 11:00 PM   #26
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by TrikTopz
I dont give a crap rock is better than rap right?
Rappers have no talent. I can stand rap, they get paid more for doing crap than rockers have to be all nsyc with each to make it sound good...................................
Ok im not going to get into this, but let me point out that I can sing. I have been in a band before and understand the difficulty to put 4 or 5 people together to make a song work, especially for the drummer like myself. But no man would ever state that a raper has no talent. You try and rap a verse out loud sounding good, keeping a good pace with the beat and not once messing up. Its tougher then hell man. I would kill to be able to rap. I don't even like it all that much myself, but if I had those skills man, i would be the shiznit. Being a raper and sounding good takes a lot more then putting 7 bars of music together and playing it over and over. You know thats true , I know its true, I lived it!

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 11:05 PM   #27
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

Quote:
Originally posted by Mourdor
When was the last time you heard someone doing something horrible and then hearing it was linked to Creed.
We already went over this man, when was the last time something was blamed on eminem and the kid was just messed in the head, living in a bad household, have a mest up parent, or no parents. There are things that mess people up out there like drugs and alcohol and other crazy stuff. How can someone doing something stupid be directly pointed at eminem?

The people that accuse there actions on eminem are retards. They are either looking for attention or its there parents trying to find a reason to why there kid is just not messed in the head. He demonstrates this in his music, Read the latest lyrics post man.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 11:09 PM   #28
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Mourdor
Oh gawd, Eminem needs to go and think things out for once. Although I'm not one to say anything, but he has his daughter on the same album in which he goes and kills his x-wife (again). A good 3/4 of his songs have no meaning and just influence young idiots (like at my school). When was the last time you heard someone doing something horrible and then hearing it was linked to Creed. Never. Yes, some songs he has have some meaning, but that is only beacuse he is complaining about the negative attention he has been getting.

Speaking of which, the media screws everything and everyone. "Creed is a Christian band." The band members themselves have said that they aren't. People just can't seem to get it out of their heads. Who cares if they are religious? It is their lives to live, not ours.

As for the top selling thing, does it surprise you that boy bands and chicks like Spears are up there? I'd say about 98% of their sales are from women 13-20. There are millions out there, and a good majority has at least one cd. Creed, in the rock genre, can compete with that. That shows just how great a band is.

Nice little post mourdor.Yeah creed gets a lot of labels its almost sickening.There a rip of this and they sound like this.There unoriginal.To tell you the truth i could care less what everyone thinks.There one of the most talented and postitive influenced bands of the ninties.People speak up about others doing this and creed is a clone.There not if they were would they be so sucessful.They wouldnt.And JJ rapping is nothing to Rock in comparison to talent.Most of rap is recorded in a studio and generated on computers.Rock on the other is not and is much harder.In concert i know rap is a live show but theres nothing to there beats there constant.Rock varies riffs are more complicated and the drum beats are usually much much faster.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 11:26 PM   #29
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

If you actually read my post you would notice i stated i played in a band, i know how difficult it is, but I also no that rock music, pop music, rap music is all done in a recording studio. Its the people that can do it live that are awosome. I have seen creed live i have also seen eminem live, as well as other rap stars. If you can sing 14 songs in one night without messing up a lyic in rap, you are a god. Then theres people like britney spears, she has a great talent but can't sing live, she has even stated that. Lots of rappers have a tough time live too, as well do a lot of bands who get recorded. Not many bands can pull off recorded sounds the same as on stage. Creed included.

I play drums so I know the differnet types of beats that are played. Im not an idiot. Like you said though, I dont care what other people think, but you should at least think before you speak.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:43 AM   #30
AsylumEscapee

AsylumEscapee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by jjmoohead
He is one of the smartest entertainers in the world.
Hehehe. I doubt THAT.
Quote:
Originally posted by jjmoohead
There are things that mess people up out there like drugs and alcohol and other crazy stuff.
Hey, hey. What did drugs do to you? Drugs are fun!
AsylumEscapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:14 AM   #31
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

Drugs are fun....

I am no longer going to reply to this topic, its a never ending discission, and that my friend, was the stupidest comment I have ever heard. I know people can't get passed the evil image of eminem as a character, I just wish you people could meet Marshal, hes just as down to earth as the bible thumpers out there. EMINEM IS A CHARACTER, just like someone playing a movie role. If I made just one person realize this from all this posting, I have done more then most people even try to do.

Just one last comment, listen to the 3 different types of music Marshal sings. There is the outspoken Eminem tunes, the entertaining radio music of Slim Shaddy and of course the down to earth tunes of marshel himself. You have to go way back to his early band days to find that stuff but he does sing no rap music in a few of his song. Really good. All 3 have the good points.

I am offically done with this topic

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:49 AM   #32
AudioBoxer
Banned Member

AudioBoxer is on a distinguished road
ice wasnt the first white rapper, Aerosmith was, they made the first white rap song, then it went to Beastie Boys then ice. LOL same here they make more crap up to fight over.
AudioBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote