Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 1st, 2003, 07:09 PM   #21
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
So discussing ones views on Racism ISNT allowed ?. Hmm if it isnt thats dumb..but it certainly has no place in this topic. Thats a discussion for another day

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:37 PM   #22
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

Lets shorten up the posts you two I dont have all day to read that

Yeah Trunks I mean,...not to offend you but calling rappers artists is kind of false I think. Most of them wouldnt know a peice of art from a Bently (Wait I did a post saying you cant say what is and isnt art..Im a damned hipocrit now..oh well) . The majority of rap music has negative messages such as "Girls are Hoes" or "Moneys all that matters" or "F*ck the Police" or well the list goes on and on. And the vast majority of rappers cant sing at all...I mean look at Jay-Z. Ive heard tons of black guys with better voices who didnt look like hidious freaks . Jay-Z is talentless..all he can do is rhyme...and I know 3 year olds who can do that. And the case is pretty much the same for most main stream rap artists thier songs suck and they get played becasue Black people are obsessed with thier own culture and thier minds are closed to anything else. Alot of white people listen to it because thier parents dont want them to and they think it makes them look cool...which it certainly doesent. Im glad I wasnt born to the average urban black family for that reason. Id prefer not to be ignorant (Yeah Im racist get over it . I have my reasons)

NARRATOR : Uh ohh..Vicious has said something controvercial once again in a post that was SUPPOSED to be about Good new bands !. How will the others re act...has he finally gone TOO FAR !?. Stay tuned till next time folks this should get interesting !
Woo you hit the nail on the head.I myself am not racist.But the main reason I hate rap with a passion is because 95% is negative.Disgracing women,the law,rapping about threats to others,killing people,etc.While Rock tends to be on the other side of things.Telling a story through song or an expirence that makes sense.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:18 AM   #23
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
becasue Black people are obsessed with thier own culture and thier minds are closed to anything else. Alot of white people listen to it because thier parents dont want them to and they think it makes them look cool...
Dude!!! How the fuck can you be so close minded??? I'm not even gonna try to explain to you why saying something like that is fuckin' ignorant, cause only reading shit like that makes my blood boil. When I wanna hear shit like that I'll go the nazi skin that lives down my block...I thought these forums were cleaned from stupid fucks like you

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 03:17 AM   #24
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
You can debate views upon Racism but this is the wrong topic for that. But no racism itself is permitted, for the simple reason that it is incredibly wrong, as berserker has pointed out, it is ignorant and deserves no place within society.

Lets all stay nice.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:38 PM   #25
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

LOL. I guess I should feel offended by Berserkers comments. But I wont go there. I shouldnt have posted that here but what i said IS true...not ignorant. Ive lived in a black community all my life so i KNOW more about black people and how they live than most people here Id bet. I bet Berserker lives in some all white suburbs somewhere yet he has the nerve to tell me im wrong. Plus im VERY isnsightful. Maybe Berserker has one of those "We must have love for EVERYONE regaurdless" kind of fairy tale ways of seeing things (Like a Democrat) but I see whats infront of me. Sorry that I offended you Berserker but just to clear things up I am not a "Stupid Fuck". I may not be a genious but Ive never been a fuck...not to my knowledge. I thought these forums were clean from foul mouthed people like you ! .

And just to point this out. I reserve the right to say WHATEVER I WANT on these boards. Weather people like it or not (Not like I went on an N word hate rant..that would be stupud) . But I didnt mean to make this a debate at all..but I guess I have to expect that...so sorry peoples...my bad. Lets just revert back the original topic before we make Berserker cry

P.S Berserker if you want to make this a debate start a thread and id be happy to join you (But come on man lets keep it civil..insults are for childeren) ...lets just let this topic stand as it was meant to. Again sorry

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old May 2nd, 2003, 03:59 PM   #26
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
I agree with Vicious on some things. And I dont think he should be flamed. Whos to say whats Racist and whats not, if i call an African American a Black Person is that Racist? Is it Racist if he calls me a White Person? I wouldnt take offense to it.

For Example in Charlies Angels the movie, y'knop when Cameron Diaz is signing at that club, and all the black people are chanting "Go White Girl!".
Well Imagine if it was a black person in a white club and they were chanting "Go Black Girl", would that be racism, i really think that would be censored without much consideration dont you?

ok maybe that was a poor example, and a movie doesnt reflect real life, but its just an example. In fact ive been called "White Boy" by a black person, didnt take offence, but if i said "Black Boy" He'd probably punch me!

Maybe people just take anything like that instanlty as Racism, maybe because of all the bad things that happened to the Black Community in the past e.g. Slavery, Refusal of Rights etc.

But I just wanted to add my peice, even though what i say is propably utter crap, call me a Racist or whatever if it makes you happy, I say what I feel.

Sorry to drag it on, just wanted to add a little. As for the best new band... I dunno, the Yeahs are alright, so i'll just say them too, aint heard much new bands lately...
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 05:28 PM   #27
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

I know Saliva isnt a new band but I had to mention thier new song "Rest in Peices" its an awesome song and thier an awesome band. I highly reccomend thier new CD

Old May 6th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #28
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Probally the white stripes, there are too many Amercian bands invading our country so its hard to keep up.
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:17 PM   #29
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

Probally the white stripes, there are too many Amercian bands invading our country so its hard to keep up.
Ummm no.The whole The bands and everyone of them pretty much stink when it comes to playing there instruments.No originality.

Social Networks
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:45 PM   #30
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
The Cheeky Girls!

hehe... god bless sarcasm

... nope, my favorite band that has really been around for the last year and a bit (so not entirely new i suppose), would be Royksopp. I mean, if you're even vaguely related to dance music and are capable of releasing more than 2 songs, there must be somthing fairly special about you.

unless you're scooter. in which case you're just taking 2% of a decent song's lyrics, saying it in a funny voice and getting some bald bloke to say stupid rhymes in the middle. uh, but... how is this popular?!?!

plus they're from lovely norway and have a very sleepy / laid back feel to many of their songs.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:40 AM   #31
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SSSnake

Ummm no.The whole The bands and everyone of them pretty much stink when it comes to playing there instruments.No originality.

Agree on that, just stick to old music, or find a decent band.
Old May 7th, 2003, 05:44 PM   #32
Faile
ys.

not true, i'd rather here three chords played with passion than a mxyolidian scale played backwards. modern music is not about technical proficiency over passion, you seek balance, but i'd rather see a band that loved music and played with passion no matter how raw than i would see a note perfect boring band.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #33
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by Faile

not true, i'd rather here three chords played with passion than a mxyolidian scale played backwards. modern music is not about technical proficiency over passion, you seek balance, but i'd rather see a band that loved music and played with passion no matter how raw than i would see a note perfect boring band.

Creed,Metallica,12 Stones,Stereo Fuse,Fuel are a few of those technical artist that have extreme passion for there music but they don't get have the credit those THE bands get.All the bands I mentioned above worked there hardest to produce albums to please fans and they get critized by others.Then we have The Strokes,The Vines,The White Stripes who get on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and others saying that they brought back rock.What the heck is with that I ask you.Do those people who don't do crap on there albums but make it look like there having fun deserve all the credit that people give them.Hell no.There damn corperate bands looking for the best way to make money.Damn them all.

Social Networks
Old May 8th, 2003, 01:09 AM   #34
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then we have The Strokes,The Vines,The White Stripes who get on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and others saying that they brought back rock
Yep, it's because mainstream rock press are a bunch of sheep running in the same direction, trying to impress each other with knowledge of obscure bands looking for the newest hype to write about only to critise them to hell after their second/third album.
On the other hand maybe we should be glad that our kind of bands aren't hyped by the corporate industry, cause this way they'll last longer I think.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:59 AM   #35
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
I actually enjoy The Vines, Strokes and White Stripes more than any of the bands you said deserve to be recognised.

But hype always turns out bad, I really hate how much attention the white stripes are getting, ive been a fan way before Elephant came out and the Press went mental over them. Hopefully they wont burn out
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2003, 04:16 AM   #36
Faile
ys.

I actually enjoy The Vines, Strokes and White Stripes more than any of the bands you said deserve to be recognised.

Yes. me too.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:56 PM   #37
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by Faile

Yes. me too.
Well if you enjoy there simple stuff.I could show you some stuff on the instruments I play thats would blow your mind

Social Networks