Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:35 AM   #1
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
Question Videogames vs Movies

Which one do you think gives more possibilities to the creators?
Which one is more interesting for the audience?
Do you think any subject could make a good movie and why it's not the same for videogames in your opinion? Do you think it's easier to create a very good game or movie?
And last but not least, which one in your opinion will keep on surviving in the future and which one will disappear? Or will they become more and more similar?
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 12:36 PM   #2
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Arrow First

I Gotta Tell U, Those Are ALOT Of Questions Asked At Onces!.! lol

Neways.....

1.) I Think, VideoGames Gives More Possibilites, As GAMES Can Be About Anything, And People Would PLAY (Cause Of The Gameplay, It Lets U Control The Story And The Protagonist) But If A Movie (For Example) Is About A SMALL GUY Cleaning Out An Area, Not Many Many People Would Wanna Watch It.

2.) I Think Movies Are More Intresting. Because In A VIDEO Game, If The GAMEPLAY Is Bad And Horrible (Even A NEW Gamer, Wouldn't Wanna Play It) With Movies..... People Are Not Using Their Brains, They Just Wanna See, And Relax And Not Think. I Guess Thats Why They Find It More Intresting To See What Happens Next, Without Them Thinking At All!.!

3.) Yes Any Subject Could Make A Good Movie. U See Theres MAJIC In The Movies, U Can Do Anything In The World Of Movies. Make A Movie Based On A Remote Control And Show It In Such A Manner That People Would Go "Remote Control" Crazy. All U Need Is A Good ScreenPlay, And Beautiful Direction Skills!.! With Those Things, Anything Is Possible On This Planet!.! ---------- As For VideoGames, I'd Just Say..... Have U Seen A GAME All Related To "Romance" Or "Love Triangle"?. Even If There Is A Game With Those Things. Theres ACTION In IT. (GAMEPLAY) That Is. A Story Like "Shakespear In Love" Cannot Be Made In A VideoGame IMO. But Then AGAIN. Games Are Changing, Soon Anything Will Be Possible In This Section As Well.

4.) I Think Its Easier To Create A GOOD Movie Then A GAME. U Know U CAN Make A GOOD Movie With Having The Camera, A Couple Of Friends And $2000. And Then Find A Company To Publicy It!.! (That Is IF U Get LUCKY). There Are Soo Many Experimental Movies, Which Are EASY To Make, YET They Are Soo Intresting To See!.! As For VideoGames...........Its Not "THAT" Easy Now!.!

5.) None Of Em Will Disappear, They'll Just KEEP On Improving. VideoGames Are Where MOVIES Were Before. People Didn't Really Take Them THAT Seriously, Until They Became ALL GREAT And Part Of Their DAILY Life. VideoGames Are Changing Completely, They Are Getting BETTER Then BETTER Day By Day. And I Know It May Sound A Little Impossible, But At Some POINT In The Future I THINK VideoGames Will Surpass The Movies. As VideoGames Now A Days Are JUST Like Movies, Giving Them Same Equal FUN BUT More Then THAT They Are INTERACTIVE. And In The Coming Years, They'll Be SO INTERACTIVE That Even Directors Would Just Start Making Games To GET Some MORE Money!.!

People Wanna Be More Interactive With Their FAV Characters And Live THEIR Life!.! (Not Only Watch) But Control THEM!.! And Thats Where VideoGames Move One Step Ahead!.!

-Phew- Like I Told Ya, Lots Of Questions U Had. Sorry I Had To Answer Them In Detail. But I Enjoyed, As They Were Very Intresting Questions To Me!.!
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 10:11 PM   #3
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Makg, I have to disagree with you in something. In the way you put it in you make it sound too easy, when absolutely it's not, and that is to make a movie. sure you can make one with a video cam you got with your friends, but it's quite hard to make somethign of good quality if you don't have more than a 2000 bucks budget, good actors, and have an expanded knowledge of direction. And as you said, you need LUCK to get someone interested on publishing the movie, you know. Specially if it's a "home made" movie.

Now, as for games....

With the technology we have nowadays in PC's, it's way much easier to make a game than what it was before.

Of course, it's not easy at all, you need to know alot of tricky stuff, and spend a lot of time on it as well.

But there's even programs you can download like "RPG maker" (I don't need to say what's that for) or the MUGEN to make all sorts of fighting games with it. And it's not so hard to learn how to make a good game in any of these programs as much as it would be to learn how to make a good movie.

As for Ruby's llast 2 questions, I don't see a reason for either movies or video games disappear, I believe they will last forever, but they will always evolve in some way. But I think also that maybe there's gonna be a new "thing" in which movies and videogames could "fuse".... allowing you to get into the movie in some virtual way...... oh, what do I know

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:07 PM   #4
MakgSnake

Arrow Sure Ure Right!.!

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
Makg, I have to disagree with you in something. In the way you put it in you make it sound too easy, when absolutely it's not, and that is to make a movie. sure you can make one with a video cam you got with your friends, but it's quite hard to make somethign of good quality if you don't have more than a 2000 bucks budget, good actors, and have an expanded knowledge of direction. And as you said, you need LUCK to get someone interested on publishing the movie, you know. Specially if it's a "home made" movie.
I Know Making A Movie Is Hard Frozen, But I Was Comparing It To "VIDEOGAMES"...... Not To Anything ELSE.

Like I Said, To Make A GOOD Decent Movie (Which Can Be Made With 8mm Camera, The One I USE) U Need Friends Or Semi-Actors And Good BackGround Music. AlongSide Editing And All. BUT In THE END There Will Be A MOVIE Which Ure Friends Or OTHER People Can See And Appreciate. But When IT Comes To Video Games. NO MATTER How Many People I Gather, I Will Not Be Able To Make A GAME Inside My House!.!

So When Comparing It VideoGAMES. Movie Making Is EASY. I Am In Love With BOTH Of Em. And I Know How Hard Or Easy Is To Make Any Of Em!.!
Old Sep 25th, 2002, 10:22 PM   #5
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Probably it's freaking hard to make a game for PS2 or X Box, of course... but it's not so difficult if you read the examples I gave you. (to make self executable games for PC, or even roms for SNES or sega but you would need special hardware for that)Nowadays you can find all sorts of programs on the internet, for free, and make video games yourself, AT HOME. Of course, it takes time and patience, but it's something that can be done and not so difficult to achieve if you really get interested on doing it.

And you can actually spread them throughout the internet so other people can appreciate them, more than your friends!!!

And why I think is much easier than a movie, is because you can do it yourself, alone.... you can learn how to do it just by reading tutorials, and practicing, and having a decent PC, of course.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 11:25 AM   #6
MakgSnake

Lightbulb Ure Still Not Getting It!!!!!

Forzen, U'll Still Not GETTING It Are U?..... Ok Uve Made A VideoGame, Which Uve PUT ON A Site (Something Like 8 bit). Ofcourse U CANT Compete Against Games Like HALO And MGS2, When Sitting Infront Of Ure Computer.

So Yeah........ But IF U Make Movies With 8mm And They TURN Out GOOD (Of Which There IS A HELL Lot Of Possibilities) Cause Many Movies In Film Festivals Are Experimental And Are EVEN Made By 8mm Cameras. They CAN Be Compared By The BEST Movies Which Have Been MADE Before.

So Yeah................. A Game U Made On URE PC Which Can Be Compared To PACMAN Or Space Invaders, Would Not Get U Anywhere, But If A Movie Being Compared To "Casablanca" Or "Forset Gump" Will Get U Somewhere.

Even With 8mm Camera Or Spending A Few More Bucks And Renting A Decent Movie Camera, U Can Make A MOVIE Through Which PEOPLE WILL Notice U In NO TIME. Even If It Doesn't Have SUPER SPECIAL EFFECTS. What It Needs Is A GOOD ScreenPlay And Direction Skills.

I Hope U Get All That!.!
Old Sep 26th, 2002, 08:53 PM   #7
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

Location: In the depths of existance where the hot magma flows.
Lost_myth is on a distinguished road
mog

I really believe movies do, I have so much respect for the ones that are successful and created a good experience.
Going nowhere Going nowhere
Their tears R filling up their glasses
No Xpression No Xpression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrows

No 2morrow No 2morrow
& I find it kindof funny I find it kindof sad.
These dreams in which i'm dying, R the best I've ever had
Lost_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2002, 10:44 AM   #8
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Well, maybe I'm not getting your point Makg, but it seems your not getting mine either...

I'm not talking about games like Pac Man. Actually I'm talking more about games like Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and Zelda.

Games that you could play in SNES. Or even make them in snes rom format, burn them into CD, and play them in your dreamcast.

Of course they won't meet next gen games standards, but that's because they haven't came up with a software yet... I'm sure that sooner or later we'll be able to make games in the standars of N64 games or PSX.

As a matter of fact, there's a lot of fan made games for PSX around. FAN MADE.

I think it's easier for a fan made game to be distributed all around than a home made movie get to Hollywood

Well, that's my point of view.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 01:28 PM   #9
MakgSnake

Lightbulb Hmmmmmm........

Quote:

Of course they won't meet next gen games standards, but that's because they haven't came up with a software yet... I'm sure that sooner or later we'll be able to make games in the standars of N64 games or PSX.

As a matter of fact, there's a lot of fan made games for PSX around. FAN MADE.

I think it's easier for a fan made game to be distributed all around than a home made movie get to Hollywood
Well See, Ure GAMES Would Never Be Compared To Next GEN Games. But A HOMEMADE Movie Could Be Compared To BIG BLOCKBUSTER HOLLYWOOD Movies. Thanks To The Movie Festivals Happens Throughout The World.

Yeah Theres A Lot Of Fan Made Games. But HAVE U ACTUALLY Tried Searching For Low Budget HomeMade Movies. Its Like From The Ratio Of 5:50000. For Games:Movies

Yeah It May Be Easy To Distribut Ure Games To Different People, But What Number Are U Looking For?..... 1 Million? 5 Million? Nah Man, I Dont Think

As For A MOVIE. Even That Is Possible!.! Local Releases ALWAYS Takes Place Which Are HomeMade Movies...... That Has OUT DONE All The Others!.! And Later A Production Company Hires It (BY LUCK And By Talent) And Distributors Just MAKE Big For Those Makers!.!
Old Sep 28th, 2002, 02:49 PM   #10
Frozen
Dante May Cry

I guess I'm not well informed about the home-made movies industry then

Because I have never seen any movie of the kind being compared to Big Blockbuster Hollywood movies.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 03:43 PM   #11
MakgSnake

Post I'll Help Ya.

Quote:
Because I have never seen any movie of the kind being compared to Big Blockbuster Hollywood movies.
One Example Would Be "The Four Feathers" A Director, Who Got Lucky In The Hollywood Business. Before Use To Make Very LOW Budget Movies. Shekar Kapoor.

And American Beauty Was An Idea By This Director Who Made A Home-Made Style Movie. As The Production Company Liked The MOVIE, They Added Bigger Stars And Released It On The SILVER SCREEN World Wide Back In 1999!.!
Old Sep 28th, 2002, 11:32 PM   #12
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Oh, but then your point is differnet from what I thought. It's about making movies out of other home-made movies. That makes more sense to me now