Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:24 AM   #1
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
life after death

well, it seems as if everything has gotten back to normal at the site, and more people are posting than the slump we had a few months back. since it seems like we have so much activity, (and since im pretty messed up on nyquil right now) i figured id drop an intellectual discussion into the forum. What are your views on life after death? what do you beleve will happen to us after we die? this is something that has pondered many a person throughout the entire history of man. i know no one knows the true answer, till they die, but i feel like it is something that i find interesting. Please, i don't want this to become a religious argument, so if you are a devout christian, bhuddist, shaolin monk, etc. please do not take other people opinions personally. this is simply a topic i have been pondering lately. i hope you all can give me some interesting views on the matter, but keep it a discussion, rather than an argument, pleeze, pleeze, pleeze.

Personally, i feel that there are two things that are applicable. either 1: your soul is judged, and by your actions in life, you will be reincarnated as a different life form, wether it be lesser than what you were, just as another human, or something trancending the normal bounds of humanity. or 2: you simply cease to exist, there is no afterlife, just an oblivion, where the souls of us all wil rest peacefully for eternity.

hoping you can all give me a run for my money. try and give me a headache, i love discussion, and conundrums given to me by people are nothing but a welcome challenge to me.

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:28 AM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Mine's not going to be very intellectual. Since I'm Asian, it is believed that when we die, we have to wait to be reincarnated into someone/thing else. Of course, the reincarnation comes from, as you said, the actions the person did in their previous life and so on. Me, for one, since I can't stand stupid, annoying people, I'll probably be reincarnated into one just because. j/k But really, that is the belief.
The thing that bothers me the most is (for Asian beliefs): when we are waiting for the reincarnation state, I wonder if we're still able to "see/feel/etc". My biggest fear of dying is being stuck in a black room with nothing but darkness...and waiting and waiting and waiting. I don't think I'll be able to stand it.

Off topic (but not really): It's funny how you mention this whole "life after death" thing because I just saw this Japanese film called "Sky High" that deals with this sort of thing. In the film, the ones who die, their souls meet at this gate...where the guardian of the gate gives them three choices: 1) Accept death and move on to the reincarnation process 2) Return to the living as a ghost and haunt that plane forever (soul not at rest) or 3) Curse someone in the living and get sent to Hell in forever torment. It's a very interesting film (mostly an action flick) but I liked the whole life after death thing Kitamura, Ryuhei (the director) dealt with.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:40 AM   #3
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
I'm affraid I'm a bad one to discuss this with cause I don't believe in this whole life after death thing. I believe that when you're death you're gone.
You get only one shot at life, so you better do it right....no second changes...no nothing. Not a very comforting thought, but very inspiring(for me personally) to live life to the fullest and enjoy as much as possible.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:27 PM   #4
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Well i'm not good at discussing this issue either cause well though i wish there were life after death i don't believe there is ..i think like what Beserker said you only got one chance so you better enjoy the most of it that you can..so i think one should live their life to the fullest and without being afraid of things everything that happens , happens for a reason and well if you only have this life you better try and not **** it up..

Goethe:

Quote:
A useless life is an early death.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:38 PM   #5
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
well, even those of you who feel that there is no existence beyond this one, i feel that that is just as laudible of a discussion. every possible outcome, evrything that COULD happen, is worth a thought. who knows, in the next life, we could not exist, or we could all be reincarnated as the flying monkeys in the wizard of oz! whatever you wanna discuss, bring it up, i dont mind if you dont believe in life after death, i just mean "what's gonna happen after we die". thats all...

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:42 PM   #6
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
I really don't know what to believe.

One thing I've always been afraid of is that maybe people just accept concepts like any sort of afterlife because we can't possibly comprehend the idea of not 'being'. It sort of goes the same for higher powers.

I personally hope, and feel somehow that there is probably something else, because, quite simply, I don't think that it's possible that our world is all there really is. It just seems really possible that there is a different plane of existence or some sort of cosmic recycling of all the energy from every living thing.

I find both redirectional afterlife and reincarnation pretty valid because they can explain a lot of things.

The idea of a Heaven, Hell or Purgatory don't really seem to hold that much for me in the traditional sense, though. I can't imagine that things can be as cut and dry as being condemned to one plane or the other for all eternity (or doing work to transcend in a purgatory). Especially the idea that, in Christianity, not accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior of your soul sends you straight to Hell, even if you were, say, a Buddhist that lived a life better than someone who was a lax Christian. Things like that really make me question a soul judgement system.

To me, the afterlife could very well be just a straight reincarnation into another form anywhere across the universe (I just indirectly quoted the Beatles there . . . neat) or your soul or life energy moving to a different plane of existence. Then, it could be much like how we live on Earth, just transferring the way we live to another, very different one. We may be in the same form, a similar one or be something that is nothing like how we are now.

Anyway . . . I've gone on here far too long . . . because this is an interesting topic.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:53 PM   #7
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Well I have a few thoughts of what I'd like to happen when I die..
1) I Die and go to heaven where god answers all the questions I've wondered about. Then I hang out there being treated like royalty.
2) I die and get reincarnated into something of my choice.
3) I die but stay down here as a spirit..either helping people or haunting people.

I do believe in life after death, even if it's just hanging about in heaven, I feel I need to believe this because it's just to hard for me to think that all the people I've lost are just lying there in boxes ect

I also want to believe that I will be reincarnated as a bird. That would be perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Reid
I personally hope, and feel somehow that there is probably something else, because, quite simply, I don't think that it's possible that our world is all there really is. It just seems really possible that there is a different plane of existence or some sort of cosmic recycling of all the energy from every living thing.

I find both redirectional afterlife and reincarnation pretty valid because they can explain a lot of things.
I totally agree!
I find it really hard to believe that when you die there is absolutely nothing.
Can the Psychics, clairvoyants and mediums ect all be making it up?
I don't think so.

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:30 PM   #8
007_JamesBond
Angel of Darkness

007_JamesBond is on a distinguished road
the moment stop fearing death is the instant you can really begin to live

i love life to much, and in my line of work i cant dwell on it to much, to me im simply never gunna die

victory comes to those who want it the most

i am only mearly surviving
007_JamesBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #9
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
One thing I can't understand about who believes in reincarnation is how do you think this works. I mean it's probably going on for ages then right, then why do (most) people know nothing about any earlier lives? And by being so the person you are now ceases to exist, so what's the whole point then? When everytime you die your soul is "resetted" , you start from scratch right?? Then you might as well don't reincarnate...

I hope this can make slightly sense to anyone....it's early in the morning here...

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote