Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:29 PM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Talking Did you know..?

I made this thread to post all the curiosities people may ignore about games. If you know some of them and you want to share your "knowledge" with others, just post here!

Ok, I'll post this one:

did you know that the famous sword Masamune (used for example by Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7) is named after its creator, the swordsmith Masamune Jittetsu, born in the Kamakura Era (1288-1328)? He's one of the finest and most famous swordsmiths ever in Japanese history and he also had several disciples to continue his tradition.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:57 PM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Did you know that the star of Onimusha 2, Jubei, was actually a real samurai in ancient Japan? Many people create stories of him, so not many people know what the truth behind him is. For example, a lot of people say he wears an eyepatch, so in a very early trailer of Onimusha 2, Jubei was wearing an eyepatch, but they took it out for the final. There has been animes that either star him or have him cameo...and that one anime called Jubei-chan: Ninja Girl, the star of the show is a descendant of Jubei.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:34 PM   #3
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Arrow Metal Gear Stuff...

Did U Know That The Star Of Metal Gear Solid, "David Hayter" Starred In Many Other Projects Other Then Metal Gear Solid. He Was The Voice Of Kelly's Brother In Captain America Cartoons.

He Has Also Written And Even DIRECTED A Movie, "Burn"....Which He Also Starred In, But The Movie Didn't Do Well At All At The BOX Office.

His Voice Can Also Be Heard In "Dr Dolittle" The Movie Which Starred Eddie Murphy.

And Ofcrouse Many People Would Know That It Was David Hayter Who Wrote "X-Men", And Now Is In The Process Of Writing Its Sequal And The "Incredible Hulk" Movie.

By The Way This Is A Very Intresting Thread!.! I Really Like It, I Got To Know Cool Stuff About VideoGames Which Are Related To VideoGames From The Two Posts Above Me Already!.! Nice One Hylas!.!
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:38 PM   #4
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
i dont know if anyone cares but did you know the voice of vamp was phil la marr who was on the skit show mad tv.
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:43 PM   #5
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Yup!.!

Quote:
Originally posted by baretta55
i dont know if anyone cares but did you know the voice of vamp was phil la marr who was on the skit show mad tv.
Yeah I Knew That...... It Was Amazing To See Him Doing The VoiceOvers For VAMP. I Mean I Heard Him In MADTV and He Doesn't Sound AT ALL Like VAMP. He Changed His Voice To Suit Vamp's Image. Amazing Work HE DID Yo!.! I Loved It!.!

Meryl And Hylas, Ure Info Really Surprise Me!.! Cool Stuff I'd Say!.!
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:46 PM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Re: Metal Gear Stuff...

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake
His Voice Can Also Be Heard In "Dr Dolittle" The Movie Which Starred Eddie Murphy.
Whoa, I didn't know that. Which character did he do a voice for?

Quote:
And Ofcrouse Many People Would Know That It Was David Hayter Who Wrote "X-Men", And Now Is In The Process Of Writing Its Sequal And The "Incredible Hulk" Movie.
I knew that and I'm very excited about "X-Men 2" since the first one was pretty good.

Quote:

By The Way This Is A Very Intresting Thread!.! I Really Like It, I Got To Know Cool Stuff About VideoGames Which Are Related To VideoGames From The Two Posts Above Me Already!.! Nice One Hylas!.!
I agree! Thanks Hylas!!

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:59 PM   #7
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Hell, yeah, I have learned such interesting stuff in this thread as well. I had no idea about David Hayter being the writer of X Men movies

Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Did you know that the star of Onimusha 2, Jubei, was actually a real samurai in ancient Japan? Many people create stories of him, so not many people know what the truth behind him is. For example, a lot of people say he wears an eyepatch, so in a very early trailer of Onimusha 2, Jubei was wearing an eyepatch, but they took it out for the final. There has been animes that either star him or have him cameo...and that one anime called Jubei-chan: Ninja Girl, the star of the show is a descendant of Jubei.
Indeed, Jagyu Jubei is usually portrayed as a swordsman with an eye patch... however, it is a fact that he was consider one of the most dangerous swordsmen, if not the most dangerous, due to his maestry in the usage of two swords. And if I am not wrong, he was also entitled as Hitokiri Battousai in his time (I'm not sure about that fact, though)

That reminds me also of Hattori Hanzo, (or Hanzo the Devil) from Samurai Shodown (SNK fighting game for those who do not know) (note that Jubei also appears on that game ^_^ ) If I'm not wrong in this one either, he's also the protagonic character of the Ninja Resurrection movies.

Similarly to Jubei, Hattori was the most dangerous and skillful ninja in history. And often poratrayed in a very similar way he was, in the games he has appeared.

BTW, those who have ever seen Love Hina will notice that one of the girlies is also a descendant of Jubei (what a disgrace for him )

Characters such as Haohmaru and Gen Juro Kibagami also existed (also from Samurai Shodown)

Edit: And may I say that I was disappointed when I saw that Jubei was changed like that on Onimusha 2..... I wanted to see him the way he was shown first, which is more likely of the "image" I have from him

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:07 PM   #8
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
This is really stupid, but let me post it anyway:

Did you know that the creator of Pac Man was eating a pizza and then, looking carefully at it he got the great idea for one of the most famous videogames of all times?
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:14 PM   #9
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fortune
This is really stupid, but let me post it anyway:

Did you know that the creator of Pac Man was eating a pizza and then, looking carefully at it he got the great idea for one of the most famous videogames of all times?
Yeah! I knew that and thought it was really interesting!

Did you guys know that Tetris was created by this Russian guy who was trying to think of a battle plan for a war he was in or something like that? From his plan came out the most addicting and most fun games of all time.

You Can Help

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:14 PM   #10
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
I actually would have never imagined that was the origin of Pac Man

That was not stupid.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:20 PM   #11
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Ok this is probably the most stupid reply but o well,
Did yo uknow In Siberia if yo udropped your pants in a blizzard or while its cold outside and yo ufart that it looks like your breathe, sorry i had to tell ya

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:33 PM   #12
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
Ok this is probably the most stupid reply but o well,
Did yo uknow In Siberia if yo udropped your pants in a blizzard or while its cold outside and yo ufart that it looks like your breathe, sorry i had to tell ya
You know perfectly well that this thread is talking about the curiousities of games. Please don't input anything if you have nothing to say at all. This is what we call "spamming".

You Can Help

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:34 PM   #13
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
ohhhhhh my bad i didnt know go ahead and delete the reply, and this one

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2002, 06:33 AM   #14
Hylas
Now or Never

Thanks for ruining also my thread with your stupid reply Solid: Snake

I have many doubts about the fact you didn't know the thread was about games, but if you really didn't know it's your fault because you don't read threads carefully, but just think to reply even if you have nothing to say.
Sorry but I'm pissed and I had to say it.
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 07:01 PM   #15
Ninja

Ninja is on a distinguished road
Did you know that the tutor of Spiderman 2002 (the 1 dat says the question mark thingies) is Bruce Campbell
u probably already knew dis but dis is 4 da ppl who don't know
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2002, 08:39 AM   #16
Hylas
Now or Never

Did you know that in 1982 Atari buried in the desert of New Mexico millions of copies of their game based on the movie E.T. because the game was a flop and didn't sell well? They paid lots of money to obtain the permissions to make the game based on the movie and then the game remained unsold.... poor Atari
Old Sep 8th, 2002, 03:37 PM   #17
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hylas
Did you know that in 1982 Atari buried in the desert of New Mexico millions of copies of their game based on the movie E.T. because the game was a flop and didn't sell well? They paid lots of money to obtain the permissions to make the game based on the movie and then the game remained unsold.... poor Atari
Yes, I knew that! I was in disbelief when I read about it....poor Atari indeed.

Did you know that on the Atari system, there is this game called "Custer's Revenge" which is has some very inappropriate material and is dubbed as one of the worst games? It's basically about General Custer as he embarks on a "journey" to go and sleep with an Indian girl tied to a cactus. His journey consist of: making it through a fury of arrows shot at him. That's it. No surprise it's one of the worst games ever to grace the system.

You Can Help

Old Sep 8th, 2002, 04:01 PM   #18
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
@ custer's adventure

Did you know that:

Atari made a Pc. It was never released although the design truly is uncanny. From the upright position of the Microbox, to the ribbed sides of it, and even the overall square feeling of the system itself, it could fool anyone for a second that it’s a ps2. The only thing that can tell it apart after a second or two is the color - and floppy drive. The Microbox is a beige color, whilst the PS2 is of a black hue. Check below to see the website so you guys can form your own opinion...
Click Link:
https://www.best.com/~hmk/afalcon.htm

https://www.best.com/~hmk/amicrobox.JPG

i take this information into account everytime i hear someone complain about how unoriginal the xbox and gamecube look.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2002, 05:49 PM   #19
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
Yall probably knew this but

Did you know that the game Xenogears for psx almost never saw the light of day in the U.S. See the game came out overseas to some pretty bad critic reveiws cause of its content and advisors over here didn't know if it would be boycotted or hated here in
the states.
The devlopers released it anyways and so came the ONSLAUGHT. The game contained religous stuff (like god is actaully a weapon from earth and we're just pieces of it) to talks of rape and whole people dying. You fought in mechs which eventually get crucified.......yeah.....it's true. But what people didn;t know was that this game kicked a$$. Me personally-it's one of my favorite rpg's of all time.

Well long story short-the people who created it held a meeting with the advisory board and then purposely cancelled in the last moment-forcing the meeting back past the release date. By the time the release date came the critics couldn't argue about it's gameplay and style.

A real shame if the game producers haden't thought about that. I've heard many game companies use the same strategy.
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2002, 07:24 AM   #20
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
I didn't know many of the things you posted here! Wow! The E.T. thing is funny hehehe