Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #1
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Phantom Exsists?? (PICS)

I just saw these on the xboxaddict forums. I don't know what to make of them but it looks like it really exsists.

https://s89607155.onlinehome.us/phantom/phantom.html

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #2
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Yeah it exists. To an extent. EGM saw it at the tokyo game show I think (Something like that). But it was hollow inside..go figure. I dont know how serious this thing is. But heres something interesting.

That keyboard in the middle photo is a photoshopped logitech cordless . I know because I just bought the keyboard and Mouse. Scroll to the pics with the keyboard of the phantom and check it out, then look at the other link, click the enlarged photo of the MX Cordless duo. They slapped a Phantom logo on it, pretty weak

https://s89607155.onlinehome.us/phantom/phantom.html

https://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...9&languageid=1

What are these clowns trying to pull. I still have many, MANY doubts about this pretend console and all of its photoshopped accesories. I still believe its a hoax. Check the back ground of the final pic. Theres magazine cut outs of articles about the phantom. Meybe theyre proud of how many people theyve fooled. And its called the Phantom for crying out loud. Phantoms are aporitions* now ya see em..now ya dont.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Jan 20th, 2004 at 07:10 PM..
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 02:56 PM   #3
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
the whole thing looks suspicously like a custom PC case (albeit, a fuggly custom PC case) housing standard PC components. Note the game on the screen: some kind of UT2003 mod. No evidence of it being anything more than a PC in a box.

Regardless, the phantom just made #3 in wired's vapourware awards.... https://www.wired.com/news/technology...,61935,00.html

not sure why Half-Life 2 won... the "lifetime achivers award to Duke Nukem Forever" was considerably more accurate
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 09:19 PM   #4
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
I think in the previous Phantom thread I already showed why I thought it's nothing more than a PC in a box (30,000+ games???).

Now having seen the size of the thing, I am more certain than ever.

- S
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 09:28 PM   #5
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
I think in the previous Phantom thread I already showed why I thought it's nothing more than a PC in a box (30,000+ games???).
Id be willing to bet its less than that. Nothing more than a poorly designed console that anyone with enough skill to make a computer case could make passed off as a real console. Intriguing* though

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:55 PM   #6
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
https://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1434980,00.asp

A pretty good article that explains a lot about the phantom. And Vicious they never said it was hollow. They just said that they didn't turn it on so it could be hollow inside for all they know.

I don't understand why you people are so skeptical?

Considering that many people have now seen the phantom and some have seen it run and play games I find it difficult to believe that it is still a hoax. Plus there is the fact that they have a list of companies that have signed on with them. Well unless those companies are in on the hoax don't you think they would come out and say that they never made a deal with Infinium Labs? Considering no one has I think that is a safe sign that it is real.

What makes this thing so unbelievable?

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:23 PM   #7
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Maybe the fact that theyve made rediculously impossible claims like how theyre going to be in 70% of homes . And that they are photoshopping other peoples products and trying to pass them off as thier own. Sorry but a multi million dollar company that deals in high end technology isnt going to do that

Old Jan 24th, 2004, 12:32 AM   #8
Preventer Wind

Quote:
Maybe the fact that theyve made rediculously impossible claims like how theyre going to be in 70% of homes . And that they are photoshopping other peoples products and trying to pass them off as thier own. Sorry but a multi million dollar company that deals in high end technology isnt going to do that
Ok the 70% of homes thing is ridiculous. But this idea of them photo shopping other people’s products is absurd. First people said the concept images were photo shopped. But obviously with them producing a real live system that runs(or something similar) that can't be true. The keyboard? Well maybe it is photo shopped. Or maybe they stole the design. Or possibly they have a deal with Logitech. Who says it has to be photo shopped? There are 4 usb ports on the system.

Sun Tzu
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 05:56 AM   #9
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Mr. Roberts has been involved with one "successful" business venture in eight years according to his own resume. He followed that one up with several bankrupt and failed businesses. It's been documented by other sources that millions and millions of dollars were "burned through" in the last six years. We think that it's possible that the same fate could very possibly befall Infinium Labs.
a little bit of this guy's financial history is a revealing read. My guess is that this guy will run off into the jungle cuddling a bunch of bags. with dollar signs on.

I doubt their "photoshopping" as such, just restickering existing products. Or perhaps logitech is stupid enough to invest in this thing.

oh, and the latest news
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #10
Preventer Wind

https://www.penny-arcade.com/phantom.php3
Quote:
All the controllers and peripherals were made by Logitech, cord connected at first but wireless if you upgrade.
Well that should answer some questions...

As for Tim Roberts... I've done a lot of research. Nothing to me jumps out that he is a crook. In fact I find the guy to be pretty gifted (his family has a nice history). He has started up companies and took them a long way. Which, obviously, says to me that he has the experience of doing it. Of course 2 of those companies, Savvis and BIG, went bankrupt. However, those companies were started during the "tech boom" in the mid to late 90s. Those were good times. Then came the new millennium. A lot of companies went bankrupt during that time. Plus Savvis is still around and growing. Going for over $3.00 a share as of today. https://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/summary...lected=SVVS%60 Not great but not too bad.

Nothing says that he benefited from these companies going bankrupt. Nothing says that he was the reason these companies went bankrupt. In fact, if it was so bad I don't think he would put the information on his public website.

If that article was meant to warn those of a hoax then it is a very poorly written document.

Sun Tzu
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 05:39 PM   #11
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Crook or no Crook, the Phantom isn't likely to notch up another success to his list by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't invest in this venture just the same as I don't believe anyone will see the point in buying it. It'll miss out on the UK for the simple reason that BB is poop over here. People haven't seemed receptive at all to the "games by demand" philosophy at all... People want a tangible product.

perhaps we should commend them for at least wanting to do something new, but that would be like encouraging a guy to attempt suicide with a mango because it was "different".

I'm curious about one thing though... whats the legality of distributing games over the Phantom network? what kind of games can the two people who get it expect to recieve?
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #12
Sid554
The Silent Killer

Sid554 is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen anything yet about how much it will cost. This thing won't be cheap, that's for sure.
Sid554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 07:39 AM   #13
-PSX-
Answers Not Answered

-PSX- is on a distinguished road
hmm.. thats if trhey bring it out Sid. That Logitech thing.. I don't think they would strike a deal with them. But hey, you never know. Why is it that there are no controller ports on the front? Makes me wonder where those cables really lead...

Slim PS2 Lost Due To Size, If Any Information On How To Find It Please PM
-PSX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 08:15 AM   #14
Sid554
The Silent Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by -PSX-

hmm.. thats if trhey bring it out Sid.

True. I do find it a bit odd that they say it's coming out in March but they're not even taking pre-orders for it yet.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 02:48 AM   #15
Preventer Wind

Quote:
Originally posted by Sid554
Why is it that there are no controller ports on the front? Makes me wonder where those cables really lead...
Read about it. You are to use the usb ports.

Quote:
Originally posted by -PSX-
]True. I do find it a bit odd that they say it's coming out in March but they're not even taking pre-orders for it yet.
It's not coming out till early 2005. There is a link on their website that says preorders will be available soon.

Beta testing is set to begin soon. I think 300 people were selected.

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist
Crook or no Crook, the Phantom isn't likely to notch up another success to his list by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't invest in this venture just the same as I don't believe anyone will see the point in buying it. It'll miss out on the UK for the simple reason that BB is poop over here. People haven't seemed receptive at all to the "games by demand" philosophy at all... People want a tangible product.
I wont buy one either. Unless I hear some great things about it (if it comes out) I will have no need for one. The only pc games I play are RTSs and they don't require much out of your computer (except War Craft III and War of the Ring). I do think it will find an audience. Maybe not a big one but I think it will pave the way for something similar in the future whether or not it is successful or a total bust.

Sun Tzu

Last edited by Preventer Wind; Jan 26th, 2004 at 02:50 AM..
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #16
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Yea, if this thing is real I think its just a dumb idea. Maybe 10 years down the road when broadband is more common it might be a good idea but now not many people have broadband in thier homes. Just about everyone I know still have 56k.

If this thing ever does get released I'll see that its gona flop. If its going international its definitely gonna flop.

And I also dont see why people are so big about this just being a PC in a box... it plays PC games, what the hell else is it gonna be? A gamecube? Cmon...
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 07:50 PM   #17
Sid554
The Silent Killer

quote:
Originally posted by Sid554
Why is it that there are no controller ports on the front? Makes me wonder where those cables really lead...

Huh? This wasn't me who said this, it was somebody else.
Weird.
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #18
-PSX-
Answers Not Answered

-PSX- is on a distinguished road
Hey exactly and it was Sid that said it was coming out in March - umm Preventer, whats going on?

Slim PS2 Lost Due To Size, If Any Information On How To Find It Please PM
-PSX- is offline   Reply With Quote