Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #1
synicalgohan91
Dunpeal

synicalgohan91 is on a distinguished road
ladies

any ladies out there wanna talk just send me a message i really wanna hear what a girl thinks about video games. no girls i know like videogames

Evil events from evil causes spring

- Aristophanes -
synicalgohan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 04:23 PM   #2
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
umm, mt g/f (she likes games) says "video games are good for da soul"
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #3
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Hey same here gohan. I've never met a girl that actually liked to play videogames. Actually I take that back I've met one and we played some hot shots golf(good times )
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #4
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I know lots of ladies who play video games. MOst of them are at school and I just found out they liked video games about a month ago after 3 years at the school. There's a lot more people there who play video games than I thought there was. Though, I have yet to know someone who plays video games as much as I do.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 11:08 PM   #5
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Meeting girls who like and play videogames is not that rare. On the web I actually know more girls who play them than guys. For example, the greatest part of those shrines about videogaming characters you can find around the Internet are created and mantained by girls. Same goes for the greatest part of fanarts/fanfictions sites and archives. For some games (especially RPGs), it's a lot easier to know female fans than male ones. I think you're just unlucky to not know any of them.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 01:10 AM   #6
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Yeah that's right. All those shrines are done by females....weird.

My sisters are into games. One of my sisters, a friend, and I played Galactic Battle Grounds for the computer almost every night for a couple of months around this time last year. And when I was little I remember her and another sister playing the NES and SNES a lot. My younger sister (10 years old) likes The Sims and Grand Theft Auto However I know only a couple outside of my family that like to play them or will admit to it.

I think that there are two problems:

1. It is accepted that guys can play video games. No matter the what they look like. However when it comes down to females some people don't like the idea. I don't know why, some guys picture the perfect women to play video games. But video games are considered a guy thing and girls shouldn't do guy things...it makes them look like.... guys... or something like that.

2. This isn't really a problem but girls don't talk about it a lot with guys. I have never heard a girl at my school say something like this: "I can't wait for (Any game) to come out. The first one was great." You know what I'm saying? Maybe they do talk about it with other girls but I know this is the only place I discuss games with females... Maybe I need to talk to one first

And I only know one person who plays video games as much as I do. Though he makes some crap decisions with them, I think he knows who he is too

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 03:02 AM   #7
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
It's definitely much harder to meet gaming girls in real life...Internet is the only way to go.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 03:06 AM   #8
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

True, both my sisters also play video games but not as much as I do, one's older and the other is younger than me.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 03:58 AM   #9
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
I'm a girl....

And I love gaming! yeh! Altho I stick to only the few games I play but I do love playing! And I wish I had someone to play with!

I used to race my brother but I moved out and then so did he!

I like fighting games , racing games and and GTA games but thats about, I've never tried any FF games altho people tell me I should, I dont actually have the money at the mo but I think I'm gonna expand on my gaming choice when I can!

But yeh I could play games all day! Altho I dont like getting stuck in a game which is why I like the sorta games you dont get stuck on, because even in GTA games if you get stuck on a mission you can still do other stuff!

I dont know any other gaming girls like myself in real life...only online. But I'm sure there are loads they're just hidden away!

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 08:26 AM   #10
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

I think that there are two problems:

1. It is accepted that guys can play video games. No matter the what they look like. However when it comes down to females some people don't like the idea. I don't know why, some guys picture the perfect women to play video games. But video games are considered a guy thing and girls shouldn't do guy things...it makes them look like.... guys... or something like that.
Yeah, that's pretty true. But then again, let's say that a guy finally finds a chick who plays games with him and kicks his ass real bad...then the guy's ego would be all shattered and bruised. Then the guy would be happy to find a girl who plays videogames, but unhappy at that fact that they're getting beaten by a female. Hey, not saying this goes for all guys, but there are some who are like that. Another thing is that while there are some guys who say "Man, I wish I could find a girl who is a hardcore gamer!" and when they finally find that girl, who happens to be...a little "too guy-ish"....then some guys have an attitude as well.

Quote:
2. This isn't really a problem but girls don't talk about it a lot with guys. I have never heard a girl at my school say something like this: "I can't wait for (Any game) to come out. The first one was great." You know what I'm saying? Maybe they do talk about it with other girls but I know this is the only place I discuss games with females... Maybe I need to talk to one first
Again, this is pretty true. In my school, I've never heard any girls talk about games with guys. In fact, I've never actually talked to a girl who talked about games with me.

But yeah, Preventer, it appears to be "odd" when a girl talks to guys about games, for some reason. It happened to me: back in eighth grade, there was this group of guys who were talking about all sorts of games. It was during Art class and they're just all talking and I wanted to join in because I've played some of those games. So finally, I mustered enough courage to say "Hey, you guys played Silent Hill? It's a pretty cool game." and they all look at me like Yeah, so I gave up after that. There was also a group of guys who were talking about MGS2 a few weeks after its release and I wanted to join the convo so badly, but I would probably get the reaction as I did with the previous group of dudes.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 08:34 AM   #11
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Another thing is that while there are some guys who say "Man, I wish I could find a girl who is a hardcore gamer!" and when they finally find that girl, who happens to be...a little "too guy-ish"....then some guys have an attitude as well.
This is so true! Some guys say all the time they wish to meet some girl to talk about videogames or to play them together, but most of the time they end demonstrating they like girls who don't play videogames at all, because they don't like tomboys or girls who, for example, can beat them. And it often happens that if they meet girls who play videogames, they end considering them as their male friends, as if "real" girls wouldn't do anything like that.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 08:39 AM   #12
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
let's say that a guy finally finds a chick who plays games with him and kicks his ass real bad...then the guy's ego would be all shattered and bruised
LOL, that's true. I was practising VF 4 real hard and I was feeling a real tough mother. Then my girl joined one day and started beating my ass with all the female characters...that day you could hear my controller crack
I was raging with fury and started training more and more with the game but still most of the times my girl kicks my ass... She's just one bad VF player.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #13
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Yeah, that's pretty true. But then again, let's say that a guy finally finds a chick who plays games with him and kicks his ass real bad...then the guy's ego would be all shattered and bruised. Then the guy would be happy to find a girl who plays videogames, but unhappy at that fact that they're getting beaten by a female. Hey, not saying this goes for all guys, but there are some who are like that. Another thing is that while there are some guys who say "Man, I wish I could find a girl who is a hardcore gamer!" and when they finally find that girl, who happens to be...a little "too guy-ish"....then some guys have an attitude as well.
Yes it's true there are definately guys like that (and it's really lame,) I definately agree with you Meryl, but as you said, not all of us are like that. I can understand you and Rei's frustration. Something as enjoyable as videogaming shouldn't have this stigma attached to it, I mean movies certainly don't! Well, actually you could argue that there's the opposite problem with movies...if a guy happens to like a movie that is considered a "chick flick" he is dubbed too sensitive. So what if I like a good romantic comedy every now and then! SHHHHH...don't tell anybody
OK...I'm digressing...but, even though it's discouraging that some guys are like that I would say don't be afraid to be yourselves and talk abotu videogames all you want and beat our asses at them, too. I don't think it will ruin your image in the end one bit. That just doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, it's annoying when anybody comes over and starts beating your ass at a game you own so maybe it's not necessarily cuz it might be a girl.
All I'm saying is I think this a relatively silly thing to worry about for both guys and girls and we both have to work to push the envelope to be open about our videogaming! I have a dream people!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #14
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

I have a dream people!
And I'm sure we may have the same dream. I wouldn't mind getting beat by a girl at a video game, I think I'd might enjoy it more if they did beat me. But I mostly play RPGs so the whole thing about getting beat by a girl is almost not an issue for me. I just hate fighting games because I usually don't do too well with them. See, if I haven't played a fighting in a long while and then I suddenly try to get back into it I end up back where I started before I played the game. I really do wish I could find a girl who likes to play video games as much as I do or atleast someone who's willing to get into it.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 05:31 PM   #15
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rei

This is so true! Some guys say all the time they wish to meet some girl to talk about videogames or to play them together, but most of the time they end demonstrating they like girls who don't play videogames at all, because they don't like tomboys or girls who, for example, can beat them. And it often happens that if they meet girls who play videogames, they end considering them as their male friends, as if "real" girls wouldn't do anything like that.
Exactly!! Guys who find these tomboyish girls would only consider them as "real great pals" instead of "girlfriend material". I guess what guys are looking for are girls who are "guy-ish" and "girl-ish".

Quote:
Originally posted by beserker

LOL, that's true. I was practising VF 4 real hard and I was feeling a real tough mother. Then my girl joined one day and started beating my ass with all the female characters...that day you could hear my controller crack
I was raging with fury and started training more and more with the game but still most of the times my girl kicks my ass... She's just one bad VF player.
Heh, heh...that feeling is the worst. It's like, you practice for days and nights to perfect all the moves for that character and then that one day, somebody comes along and just ruins it all. But hey, don't worry...I'm like that too, lol.

Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

OK...I'm digressing...but, even though it's discouraging that some guys are like that I would say don't be afraid to be yourselves and talk abotu videogames all you want and beat our asses at them, too. I don't think it will ruin your image in the end one bit. That just doesn't make sense to me.

_RED_ stuff
Oh hey, us girls can be ourselves just fine and talk about videogames 24/7....of course, as a result, we'll be single all our lives! That's because of that whole "male problem" I stated in my earlier post. And while I said that not all guys aren't like that, it's really hard to find those type of guys, ya know?

Quote:

Anyways, it's annoying when anybody comes over and starts beating your ass at a game you own so maybe it's not necessarily cuz it might be a girl.
That's true...but actually the whole girl thing is a huge part though. I mean, let's say there's two guys who play a fighting game and one of them loses. Sure, there's that "Oh man..." but when a girl comes along, it's like "Ohhh man..." That's 'cause guys have that stereotypical thinking that "females are weak" so when a girl actually beats them, it's just a little more annoying. ^^;;;

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #16
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:

And while I said that not all guys aren't like that, it's really hard to find those type of guys, ya know?
You're saying it's to find a guy who'd want to be with a gaming girl, right? I guess I must be a rare find then. *sigh*I guess it'll be a while before I find somebody.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 06:14 PM   #17
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

You're saying it's to find a guy who'd want to be with a gaming girl, right? I guess I must be a rare find then. *sigh*I guess it'll be a while before I find somebody.
Pretty much, at least to me. Online, there's lots of guys who wouldn't mind a gaming chick, but in real life, they tend to hide the fact that they play videogames since many girls hate it.

You Can Help

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 06:34 PM   #18
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

I agree pretty much with everything Rei and Meryl said :

Online, I know plenty of guys who say that girls who are into gaming are really "cool"; that they don't know any girl IRL that truly likes games. Then many go onto say how they would "love" to meet a girl that shared this common interest with them. However, I only hear this from guys online, and have never met anyone in real life that actually showed such will.

In fact, sometime last year, I went to an arcade with my brother. Sure enough, it was packed with guys and 2 or 3 girls there with their boyfriends just looking and whatnot. I got plenty of stares as if I was there to hook up with someone. Typical scenery perfectly suited for stereotyping. How pathetic can you get?
I brushed it off, though, and went along to where my brother was versing some guy. My brother lost, and I decided to give it ago.
Apparently this guy had been there for quite a while, since a small circle had formed. There I go and he says, " A girl ? How cute" and laughs . To his surprise (and my own) I won.
He then went on to claim how he had "gone easy on me 'cause I was a chick". He comepletely denied the fact I had beaten him. Me; a "girl".
I was completely ready to deck that guy.

I'm not saying all guys are like this, but many are.
Being beaten by a girl, at anything, not just videogames, seems to be deragatory to most guys. So then, I really wonder if a guy really wants to meet a girl who's into gaming, because by the way most act, they sure don't seem like it.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 06:52 PM   #19
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

I agree pretty much with everything Rei and Meryl said :

Online, I know plenty of guys who say that girls who are into gaming are really "cool"; that they don't know any girl IRL that truly likes games. Then many go onto say how they would "love" to meet a girl that shared this common interest with them. However, I only hear this from guys online, and have never met anyone in real life that actually showed such will.

In fact, sometime last year, I went to an arcade with my brother. Sure enough, it was packed with guys and 2 or 3 girls there with their boyfriends just looking and whatnot. I got plenty of stares as if I was there to hook up with someone. Typical scenery perfectly suited for stereotyping. How pathetic can you get?
I brushed it off, though, and went along to where my brother was versing some guy. My brother lost, and I decided to give it ago.
Apparently this guy had been there for quite a while, since a small circle had formed. There I go and he says, " A girl ? How cute" and laughs . To his surprise (and my own) I won.
He then went on to claim how he had "gone easy on me 'cause I was a chick". He comepletely denied the fact I had beaten him. Me; a "girl".
I was completely ready to deck that guy.

I'm not saying all guys are like this, but many are.
Being beaten by a girl, at anything, not just videogames, seems to be deragatory to most guys. So then, I really wonder if a guy really wants to meet a girl who's into gaming, because by the way most act, they sure don't seem like it.
Why didn't you deck him?

Anyways, I don't care if I get beaten by a girl. You win some and lose some.

Then again, I've never been beaten by a girl, so I don't know what I'd do if it happens.
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #20
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Rei, Meryl, and Zero Sniper...you seem to have some harsh resentments towards guys...I don't blame you, but are you sure that has nothing to do with the fact guys seem to be intimidated by you? If you're so worried about being single your whole life that you're willing to hide certain interests that you have in life (such as videogames)from guys' knowledge than maybe you should consider that your own thing you need to work on. I'm not saying it is right that these guys you speak of have acted this way toward you; in fact I think it's dispicable that they act that way and disgusting. You may not believe it, but I am a strong advocator of women's rights. That is why I believe strongly that you should stand up for youselves and not hide your interests, hobbies, and goals in life from any guy! Be yourselves! Would you really want to be wiht someone who doesn't want you for the real you, anyways? Or somebody who is sexist enough to have a problem if you're into "guyish" things? You're right it's very frustrating...I hate how society has made people feel that certain things are for males and others for females at a young age. I wish people could see that there is no line there.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote