Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 08:12 PM   #1
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Talking The Movie Thread

So I just watched a good film and wanted to share it with other ppl yet when I came here to tell you lot about it I found there was nowhere!! Yeh thats right!! Man how have we been surviving?? Well thank god Im here to save the day! yay!

So here ya go... Tell everyone about a good film you've seen and give a little info ect.. or tell us about a crap film you've seen and why we shouldnt see it...

Ok This is the film I just saw....

Film Title:One Hour photo
Genre: Drama/Thriller
Who's In it:Robin Williiams, Michael Vartan, Connie Nielsen, Dylan Smith.
Plot Ouline: An employee of a one-hour photo lab becomes obsessed with a young suburban family.

I really enjoyed this film, It was very unpredictable, even though you knew the basis of what was happening it could
have easily gone one way or another at any point. The Film was very subdued and mellow with a great cast. Robin Williams' portrayal of Sy the photo guy was intense and believable, williams at his best.
I was on the edge of my seat for alot of the film.
Young Dylan Smith (Jake Yorkin) in his first film roll seems a natural
infront of the camera.
Attention to detail is impeccable.
Intense and suspensefull, I could easily watch it again.

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:25 AM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure this movie is out everywhere. I could see it because here it's out thanks to the fact it won one of the prizes at the Venice film festival.

Film Title: Zatôichi
Genre: Action
Actors: Takeshi Kitano, Tadanobu Asano, Gadarukanaru Taka, Yuko Daike, Daigoro Tachibana.
Plot Ouline: Inspired by the story of a popular Japanese hero. Blind Zatoichi is a masseur with a passion for gambling. But he's more than this: he's a talented master swordsman that during his wanderings finds himself in a village run by sinister gangs...

In case you're interested, here's the link to the official site (Japanese only sorry! But you can watch gallery and trailers to get an idea).

Well, if you can't see this movie now, you better keep it in mind. This comment comes from a person who's not too fond of action movies. I make exceptions for some movies and Zatoichi is one of them. This movie is highly enjoyable both for those who are fans of action and for those who are in love with authorial movies. Plus it's a must see for those who are interested in Asian and in particular in Japanese culture. It's a fast-paced movie filled with extreme gore, yet it has very delicate and poetic moments in it. The duels, the beauty of the images and the twists of plot won't give you enough time to be bored!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #3
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Film: Rose Red
Genre: Horror
Actors: can't remember, sorry
Plot Outline: There is an old haunted house which is supposidly the most active and scary places on earth. (Minor note, this is a steven king movie, so if you're thinking of movies like "the haunting", or "House On Haunted Hill", forget 'em, this is much better.

Anyways, a psychologist, who is pretty much the main chaarcter, is insainly fasinated in ghosts and paranormal kinda stuff, and wants to form a group of people to go and try to get prove of live after death through this house, which is going to be torn down in a few months. She finds a couple of people, each with a relativly unique trait, like a small psychic abitity, or a spiritural depth perseption, and other things like that, and has them all go to this house. While they stay there, the movie just gets creepy, and soon it will get scary, depending on your fear tolorence. I suggest watching it alone, at like 3 in the morning with all the lights off and the speakers way up. It really makes it freaky. The story is very good, with unique chaarcters and a good flow through the movie. It is about 4 hours long might i add, and it takes like an hour for it to start really getting interesting. The ending is very cool, and not corny or predictable like others of its type.

It isn't the newest of movies, like 1997 or something i think. But the graphics are still good, and you can't see any strings. Very good movie.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #4
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Wasnt "Rose Red" that made for TV movie based on a Steven King Book ?

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 08:11 PM   #5
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Did it have Nancy Travis in it Cannibal? She's the mum from 3 Men and a little baby/lady and So I married an axe murderer ect... Very Frizzy hair...?

Well I've heard of it if it has...but havent seen it, but as u say its good I'm gonna try and see if i can rent it somewhere, Coz I do love Stephen Kings work.

Have to recommend another film.. I saw it recently at the cinema coz it's only just come out over here.

Film Title: Holes
Genre: Comedy/ Adventure
Who's In it: Shia Labeouf, Segourney Weaver, Jon Voight, Tim Blake Nelson.
Plot Ouline: A wrongfully convicted boy is sent to a brutal desert detention camp where he joins the job of digging holes for some mysterious reason.

Holes is an unusual story which is entertaining from beginning to end. With an excellent cast and outstanding location. Usually you get films with kids being the main cast and you find them irritating and annoying but not this one, no-one irritated me in the slightest and thats rare for me!
And I didnt want it to finish, which is for me a sign that a film is good.

If anyone wants to recommend a movie but cant remember much about it... go to
Internet Movie Database
for all your Entertainment Needs.

Piggle
x x x x

Old Nov 20th, 2003, 02:20 AM   #6
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
"Are you talkin' to me?"

Film Title: Taxi Driver
Genre: Drama
Actors: Robert De Niro, Jodie Foster, Cybill Shephard
Plot Outline: Robert De Niro plays a Vietnam Vet who becomes a Taxi Driver in New York City who succumbs to psychological issues and the monotony of a repetitive life in a "filth infested" environment.

This is considered by some to be one of the best movies of the 20th century. I think it came out in '76. It is also credited with helping to usher in a new type of "gritty" and depressing look at life in a drama in a new and harsh way. Cybill Shephard plays a girl he tries unsuccessfully to date and Jodie Foster (at the age of 15 when this movie was made...considered a very controversial role) plays a 12 and a half year old hooker that Travis (De Niro's character) becomes interested in rescuing from the life she is trapped within. It's got some classic scenes with Travis packing a hell of a lot of heat at once and the classic line "You talking to me?..." and so on. I enjoyed this movie very much as I am a big fan of this type of film along with Robert De Niro himself, who I think is a genius in his own right. I am surprised I had never seen the movie before, until this past weekend. I felt it lacked something in terms of getting inside Travis' mind to understand his deterioration better, but I had to keep in mind that this was one of the first movies of its kind. I strongly reccomend it. ENJOY!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 03:16 AM   #7
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
Film Title: Scary Movie 2
Genre: Parody
Actors: Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Anna Faris, Kathleen Robertson, Tori Spelling, James Woods, Andy Richter, Chris Masterson, and some more I can't remember right now.
Plot Outline: Basically, its about the kids from the first Scary Movie (all in college now), spending the weekend at a supposedly haunted house, where all kids of funny and scary sh*t happens.

Ok, so it's not exactly the most intelligent documentary I've seen, but it cracks me up! The entire movie takes a satirical look at movies such as Lord of the Rings, The Exorcist, and even some Nike commercials. It has some very disgusting scenes, especially the one where... ahem... a certain body fluid is released. Overall though, it is hillarious.

The Tree of Life...
Daedaelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #8
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana

Film Title: Scary Movie 2
Yes I have this on DVD, Such a funny film, Im waiting to see the third and then buy it to complete my collection.
I love the Scary Movie films! They're Hilarious!
I love the Exorcist bits!

Piggle
x x x x

Old Nov 27th, 2003, 01:26 PM   #9
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Thumbs up Ok Next....

Well seeing as apparently only a few ppl actually watch films here , I thought i'd recommend another!

Film Title:Dead Man on Campus
Genre: Comedy
Who's In it: Tom Everett Scott, Mark-Paul Gosselaar(Yes Zac from saved by the Bell!),Lochlyn Munro, Alyson Hannigan.
PlotLine:Two students, one a slacker, and the other a student on scholarship find out that if your roomate commits suicide then you get straight A's for your grief. They then go looking for the perfect roomate when the student on scholarship starts to fail his classes.

Extremely Funny film, Great actors, Suprising that it bombed at the box office, The 'manic' cliff played by Lochlyn Munro is hilarious. Definitly one to buy, as your able to watch it again and again. Alyson hannigan tho not in it too frequent is quite a scene stealer.
I love this film, its in my list of faves!

Piggle
x x x x

Old Nov 28th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #10
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Film Title: The Banger Sisters
Genre: Comedy ( )
Cast: Susan Sarandon ,Goldie Hawn , Goeffrey Rush....
Plot Outline: Lavinia and Suzette, former rock groupies and best friends, reconnect after 20 years; one is still as wild as ever, while the other has adopted a more conservative lifestyle.

Well this movie is one of the worst things i've seen in my life..it has no sence what so ever...it's suppose to be a comedy but i watched the entire movie and didn't even smile once...so if you want a movie just to fall asleep this is the right one ...it's the terror of comedy movies...total crap.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 05:42 PM   #11
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

I thought these were film reccomendations, Eli?

Title: Office Space

Writer and Director: Mike Judge

Actors: Ron Livingstoon, Stephen Root, Gary Cole, Jennifer Aniston, and many others

PLotline: Basically it is about a guy who is a slave to a cubicle type job and the politics of office environments. The whole movie is a satire on this type of situation and how going to work basically "sucks." Peter, the main character, decides he is tired of working and decides to totally slack off so he can get fired, but somehow this lands him a job in upper management, with his 2 friends being the ones who are to get the sack cuz they are downsizing. He doesn't think this is fair and more and more comedy ensues. Etc!

My opinion:

Basically, the satire about everyday office life and how much work can "suck" is played out in such witful and intelligent humor, you'll be laughing your ass off, and there is plenty of crazy stuff on top. The inside joke involved with a scene where the 3 employees beat the hell out of a copy machine with gangsta rap playing in the background is pure genius! Trust me, this one is hilarious.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 10:18 PM   #12
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

I thought these were film reccomendations, Eli?
Well, Piggle in her first post suggested we could also post about movies to avoid at all costs... or am I wrong?
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 11:45 PM   #13
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Yeah, Piggle pointed that out to me herself. My bad.

_RED_ stuff

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; Dec 9th, 2003 at 11:51 PM..
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 08:39 PM   #14
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Thought I'd drag this old thread up rather than start a new one...
I just watched 'School of Rock' and thought it was really good, if your a Jack Black fan you should check it out if you haven't seen it already.
I also have 'Big Fish' on dvd and will be watching that soon.

Also I want people to let me know about great films that have been released on dvd in the past few months... Some Ideas for xmas presents!

Piggle
x x x x