View Single Post
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 09:09 AM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Question Sims Bustin' Out: Phone Call Threats/Warnings...Help!

Hey you guys. I'm not sure how many are playing "The Sims Bustin' Out", but I have a question that I really need the answer or some help on. *maybe SPOILERS ahead*

For those who have reached the final level (Malcom's Mansion), you're at Level 10 in your career, you should have 9 or 9+ friends and everything is going well. As for me, a month (approximately) after I moved in to the mansion, I began receiving creepy phone calls in the middle of the night, which sounds a lot like warnings. For example:

Night 1: I received a phone call from my "psychic advisor" that told me I should be careful about telling people my secrets because people are untrusting now.
*I disregarded this phone call and didn't pay too much attention to it. A lot of people visit my mansion and I always try to greet them. After I received this call, Vaugn dropped by and I talked with him, not caring about the warning.*

Night 2: A couple of days later, in the middle of the night, I received a call that said: "You've been chosen. They're coming soon"
*At this point, I started feeling uneasy and a bit disturbed. I had no idea what this message meant.*

Night 3, couple days later: This final message was this: "The dropoff has been paid. You've been warned"

After this, I started freaking out...I interpreted these calls as warnings saying that maybe the gang/mafia (which is a Career option in this game) is coming to get me? I know it sounds stupid as hell, but why would I be getting these calls then? I did do some things wrong: I lost contact with a couple of friends but never made any enemies, I moved out of all the houses without completing the final goal (except for my Mom's...I didn't know how to complete the others at the time), I paid my bills late sometimes, I skipped work to take care of the other tasks but that's about it.

So, I moved back into my Mother's house and removed all the windows and set burglar alarms at every door. Now, I don't know what to do...I've been robbed once at the Tinsel Bluffs estate, but that's about it.

Sorry for this long post; I know it's stupid to be disturbed at something like this, but I gotta know. Has anyone else received these phone calls? What do they mean?

Thanks in advance!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02881 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,910KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start