Thread: Sword of Hades
View Single Post
Old Feb 5th, 2002, 10:40 PM   #10
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
[COLOR=sky blue]The story is told through Mourdor's PoV

Chapter One- The Fountain of Woe

The watchman just finishes lighting the torches of the town. I put on my armor and grab my sword and rush out of the house. Unsure of where I'm going, I run through the streets trying to find my way.

"Where did she say to meet her?" I ask myself as I lean against a building, trying to catch my breath. "Better get moving before she kills me." I keep dashing through the alleys trying to find the fountain. An older woman walks towards me. Well, she's actually younger than me, but she's human.

"You lost, elf?" The lady says. There isn't much respect towards elves in this town.

"Yes, madam. I can't seem to find the town fountain." She looks at me with a troubled look.

"You elves aren't really bright. The fountain is just over there." She points behind her and I see running water.

"Thanks, my lady." I flip her a silver and a run to the fountain. I turn the corner and I was startled. A tall, slender body was rested on the edge of the fountain. Long silver hair flowing down her body. Her hand making waves in the water. I was stunned by her beauty. I slowly approach her. She peers at me out of the corner of her eye.

"It's about time you showed up! Where the heck were you?" I didn't answer, knowing that she'd yell at me for making excuses.

"Sorry. I'm here now, though." I sit next to her on the fountain. We talk for a while to lighten the mood. Then she gets serious.

"Mourdor, when can we go back to our homelands? These people are creul and I'm homesick."

"I don't know if we are able to ever go back. Jarai took control of Polistinai." She falls silent. I decide not to say anything. Three shadowy figures appear from one of the alleys.

"Mourdor Bloodleaf, are you not?" The lead man says abruptly.

"I am him!" I stand waiting a reply. The man shifts his cloak aside. His armor shimmering in the moonlight.

"That crest..." I notice the crest on his armor. "What do you want here?"

"Jarai summons you to appear before him on counts of treason. If you resist, we are forced to carry out your sentence here and now." The man puts his hand on the handle of his sword. I do the same.

"Jarai can come himself if he wants me." I draw my sword. Whatever people were standing around have now fled in terror. Linnea stays seated at the other end of the fountain.

"So be it..." The man signals his two flunkies to attack. While high in skill, these men were awfully arrogant. A couple quick slashes dispatches the two cronies. I turn to where the man was before. Nothing.

"Over here, traitor." I spin around to see that he has Linnea in his clutches.

"Let her go! She is not part of this."

"A fair trade then." He suggests. "If you come with me, she goes free. If not, then, I guess you can imagine that." The words pierce my heart.

"Mourdor, don't do it!"

"Talk all you want, wench! He won't let you die." A burning rage builds up within me.

"I'll do what you wish. Now let her go." I cautiously put my sword away in it's sheath. I slowly walk around the fountain.

"Place your sword in the fountain." He demands. I do as he says. "Pathetic moron!" He quickly slides his dagger across the neck of Linnea. He then hurls her into the water. I couldn't move. I see her body slowly fall into the fountain water.

"I had hoped you were more of a challenge." I pull a dagger from my cloak and charge at the man. He gracefully evades and jumps on top of one of the buildings. "We'll meet again." He dashes across from house to house.

"Get back here!" I scream to no avail. I drop the dagger and hastfully sprint over to the fountain. The water was turning dark red. I pull Linnea out of the water and gently lay her on the ground. Her cut wasn't bad, but her lungs were filling with blood. Her speech was in short gasps.

"It's...not your...fault...Mour...dor." She coughs out blood. Her dress soaken with water and blood.

"Don't speak, Linnea. I'll find a chemist to help."

"Don't bother...I don't have...enough time. Remember...I will...always love...yo...u." Linnea's eyes slowly close. Her breathing stopped.

"Linnea? Linnea? Can you hear me?" I desprately blurt out. "You can't leave me! Linnea, you...can't leave...me." I hold her close to me. Her body already becoming cold. "Why...did this happen to you?" A tear falls from my face and lands on her cheek. A cold rain starts to fall, washing away the blood on the road.

"LINNEA!"[/COLOR]

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03204 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,922KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo