View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:46 AM   #23
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

First of all im not clumsy usually im throwing the controller but im saying PS2 controllers arent made as well and dont take wear and tear very well.
What do you expect if you throw your controllers? That's like saying a car is not well made because it's get damaged when you drive it into a wall...

However there is ample evidence within this thread that proves SONY controllers are well made. The majority of people here have not have any problems with them and in general find the SONY controller more comfortable than the XBox controller.
Quote:
And hey X Box killer. I stated clearly that thier is NOT now a monthly fee for X Box Live, its better than Sonys online garbage and it costs about the same as the network adapter, plus Sony's selling a seperate headset in the near future that will cost even more, and yes I can make a price issue out of this because thier is one, X Box is the better bargain hands down barring any serious product failures and im yet to experience one so Ill keep ya posted.
SONYs on-line service is a completely different model to Live. Live is all based around a central Microsoft service, much like MSN Gaming Zone. This means you have no choice as a consumer - you have to use M$ service whether you want to or not.

The SONY on-line service follows the PC model. Capcom will have their on-line service for their on-line games. Squaresoft already have PlayOnline. SONY will have their service for their games and so on. This way I can choose who's service I want to use - I will not be forced to always use SONY's service.

XBox may well be a better bargain - but then again so is a Ford Fiesta. But what if I prefer to drive Honda? You may get less for more money - but I prefer Honda... Whether something is a bargain or not is irrelevant - that makes no difference to the quality of something.

So you've had no serious product failures with the XBox. I should expect not. But guess what - I've had none with my PSX, PS2, Dreamcast or GameCube... There's plenty of people in this thread who have said they've had no product failures.... So what exactly is your point? I fail to see one...
Quote:
Most of the counter points that any of you have made have been derivitive and un proven by any accounts ive studies up on.
Derivative??? Unproven???

You obviously know little about M$ products. I can provide numerous links to proof about the lack of quality of M$ products. I'd love to know what accounts you've studied.... MicrosoftLovers.com maybe? What about BillGatesIsMyDad.com? Maybe even XBoxRulezPS2SuxDoooooooood.com....

If you're going to call everyone's counter-arguements 'derivative' and 'unproven' then explain why. Give proof why you call them that. An arguement is 100 times more convincing when it's backed up with evidence...

- S

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.07120 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,894KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo