View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2002, 08:35 PM   #3
Esjay
::Viewtiful::

Esjay is on a distinguished road
Chapter 3:A new hero

The helicopter's blades sliced through the air, the rain from the dark sky pourning down onto the body of the dark figure looking out the door, a small flare near the figure's mouth, smoke slowly pouring from it's mouth. The dark figure's face was hidden by a black overcoat with a hood at the end. It flowed in the wind created from the helicopter. The helicopter flew in closer to Manhatten, flying in towards the very center. It stopped and hovered over the two massive towers it had come to, the World Trade Center. A rope flew from the helicopter, the dark figure sliding down the rope. The rope itself was cold and wet, and the person sliding down the rope's palms began to burn from the speed of his decent. He couldn't take the pain anymore. He let go of the rope, falling downard towards the roof of the left-most tower. He grabbed onto the rope once he was close enough to the ground, jumping down from it, landing on the slippery roof of the tower. Water splashed up as his feet impacted the roof. He slowly walked towards the small box-like house on the top of the roof and went to open it.

"....locked...."

This strange person threw a quick punch to the left, a punch to the right, and a powerful roundhouse kick, all administered to the locked door that now lay at the figure's feet, a broken pile of splienters. The man walked over what was once blocking his way and headed down the dark stairs. It was dark and the man could not even see his hand in front of his face. He slowly trudged down the dark stairway, trying not to lose his footing in the darkness. He made his way, step after step. It seemed endless, until he stepped down onto the ground of the building. The room he was in was still fairly small and dark, but the light from the guard patrolling the room lit up the dark area, allowing this strange person to quietly sneak up behing the guard, draw his socom pistol, and shout for the sentry to hold his hands over his head.

"...Wh....who are you?!" The guard shouted, fear clearly taking over his body. He spoke with a Russian accent as well. This made the strange person **** his eyebrow and press the gun against the soldier's head.

"You a Russian?" The man asked.

The hostaged soldier hesitated to answer.

The man shrugged and sent a foot to the side of the guard's head, causing him to fall down to the ground and pass out. The man dusted off his palms and looked over to his right, spotting a large cargo elevator. He stepped inside and hit the 'BF1' switch on the panel and folded his arms as the large metal gates shut in front of him, and the old metal elevator began to send him downward. He put his hands on the hood of his overcoat, slowly removing it. His dark brown hair and blue bandanna were soaked with water, as were his face and chin whiskers. He wiped his face clean with both hands and threw off the rest of his disguise. He was wearing a dark blue, almost black sneaking outfit with several ammo caches hooked to the front of it. On it's left leg was a holster for his pistol. The man folded his arms again and looked up, muttering something.

"..I'm gettin' too old for this..."

A ringing tone could be heard in the inside of this person's ear.

"Snake, did you get it?"

"Yeah, there aren't that many patrolling this area. One thing bugged me though, I just heard one of 'em, and he sounded like a Russian..." Snake replied.

"...Russian?...You don't think they're..."

"No, there's no way they could be involved....unless..."

"Snake, you remember Gurlukovich's army from the Big Shell incident, right?" The other voice asked.

"Of course...what happened to them after that? We both know that their leader, Olga Gurlukovich died at the hand of Solidus..." Snake replied.

"Ocelot became the new leader of this orphaned army. According to the information gathered by Raiden, Ocelot is involved in this one. He probably had his army take over the place, and hold it hostage." The voice said.

"But Raiden saw employees in the building, it didn't seem any different..." Snake stated.

"Huh....that's odd....we'll worry about that later. Snake, Raiden is somewhere in there, as is Metal Gear, you know what you have to do."

"Right...talk to you later Otacon..."

The elevator finally reached it's destination, and the doors to the elevator opened, allowing Snake to walk out into a massive warehouse. There were boxes stacked up to the cieling, and the room was hardly lit by the small lights at the roof that seemed miles away from the ground. Snake had a feeling that Metal Gear would be somewhere in this area.

Just as he was about to step out onto the warehouse floor, his Codec rang.

"Be careful, there are claymore mines around that area...use a mine detector..." A distorted voice instructed.

"No...it can't be..." Snake said to himself.

"Who are you?!" Snake shouted.

".......Let's just say I'm...one of your fans..." The transmition ended.

Snake immediately contacted Otacon.

"Otacon! Someone just contacted me, and he wasn't using burst transmition either, it was a transmition from inside the base somewhere...you don't think it's...."

"No, that would be impossible...there's no way that he could still be alive." Otacon replied.

"Yeah, but it was impossible to develop an invisible nuclear warhead wasn't it, it was impossible to create a genetically enhanced soldier, it was impossible to revive him in the first place, but they did it anyway...I have a bad feeling about this..." Snake said.

"Just watch your back Snake, I'll try to locate where the transmission came from." Otacon said.

Snake slowly snuk foward. The large warehouse was filled with large cargo boxes, perfect for hiding if the time would come. Snake continued down the massive hallway, hiding behind these cargo boxes, patiently sneaking around the sentries patrolling the area. A guard walked from one box to the other, and before he reached the other box, a metallic hand grabbed the soldier's neck, and a massive, shining katana slit the guard's throat. Snake silently gasped as he witnessed this only a few feet away. Snake heard another scream, and realized that this person had killed every guard in the area. He could hear footsteps coming towards him. He stood up and drew his socom pistol quickly, aiming it at the silent assassin that had just killed the sentries in the warehouse. He was wearing a white bandana that was wrapped around the entire top of his head. His lower face was covered by a black mask that distorted his voice. Only his green eyes could be seen. His clothing consisted of a white ninja gi. A large japanese katana was strapped to this 'ninja's' back, and his arms had metal armguards on them.

"Who are you?!" Snake shouted, keeping his gun aimed in between the ninja's eyes.

The ninja hesitated, closed his eyes, and said.

"...Neither enemy nor friend...I am back from a world where such words are....meaningless..." The ninja said as he drew his sword.

"No...you can't be Gray Fox...you died in Shadow Moses...how could you...be here..." Snake said, stunned, his finger straying away from his gun's trigger.

"Come Snake...let me see just how strong you are...." The Ninja said, assuming a battling stance.

"Who are you....are you Gray Fox?..." Snake hissed as he slowly sidestepped the ninja, strafing around him.

The ninja once again hesitated.

"Call me....White Devil...."

The ninja shook his head and darted towards Snake, his sword extended so that it might slice Snake's throat. Snake quickly rolled foward and spun around, firing his Socom pistol at the moving white blur that was once the ninja. Snake's oponent quickly twirled around several times, deflecting the bullets fired from Snake with his katana. As soon as the ninja's twirling stopped, he shouted out;

"You cannot defeat me with weapons!"

The ninja, or, "White Devil" dashed behind one of the many massive cargo boxes in the warehouse.

"Where'd he go..." Snake said as he stood still and looked around, confused. White Devil came around the side of the warehouse at blinding speeds, slowing down when he came to a cargo box that was not far from Snake, who was, to White Devil's advantage, not facing his oponent. Devil came up behind Snake, but before he could even raise his katana, Snake gave Devil a strong backwards elbow jab, following it up with an ariel roundhouse kick, sending the ninja away from Snake, giving him some distance. Snake heard his codec ring. Devil was still down on his hands and knees, recovering from Snake's attack.

"What is it?!" Snake shouted, breathing heavily.

"Snake, it's me..." A familiar voice whispered.

"Raiden?!" Snake exclaimed hastily.

"Yes, it's me. I can't believe your frequency is still 141.80...not a very good idea...oh well..." Raiden replied calmly.

"I'm fighting someone, or someTHING right now, dressed as a ninja, I can't keep up this transfer or he'll get to me. Raiden, wait for me to call, just stand by for now!!" Snake shoted as he ran off to his side.

Devil sprang to his feet and came up to Snake, grabbing him by the mouth.

"It's no use trying to hide Snake, I can sense your body heat, where you are...and now...you will die...."

Devil raised his sword and pointed it toward Snake's head.

EDIT-Should I continue this?
Esjay is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04632 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,927KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end