View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #21
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Ok, so I unglued myself from the TV for long enough to tell you about my night. I got to the store at about 7pm, there were 3 others in line with me. Not 1 minute after that 2 girls showed up followed by a father son team. We all established our numbers in line and one at a time we went to our vehicles and got blankets and chairs and such. The store was really nice and supportive, and since it was open till 11 pm we were able to warm up from time to time.

It reached about -20 at one time we figured with the wind and by 6:00 am my legs hurt and I was so tired. At 6:00 some guy from the store walked out and said ok who was here first (as the line of people started spreading towards the front of the store and those of us that were there for 12 hours already stayed in the lineup.

He walked over and said 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the rest of you can go home now. I was not impressed with this as some people waited all night to find out they only had 6. There were so many rumors all night that they had 3, then 6 then 10, then 15. I was even worried i wouldnt get one sitting 4th.

The relationship of us few sitting in the front of the line was really impressive. We started off with introductions but after about 30 mins one of the girls called me number 4, and it stuck. So after that we were commonly refered to as number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7 etc. So if someone was getting your attention it was HEY 3!

The night went fairly fast but it was damn cold, and I am more then sure I am going to get a cold from this. But dont worry that wont stop me from bringing you some impressions and some photos. I am just waiting for my camera cord to connect it to my computer and ill show you some pictures.

Until then...the system is all hooked up. I was able to rent Tiger Woods 2007, and actually ive got a fairly decent review about 70% complete already. Yeah im just that excited.

I just popped in Marvel Alliance and my first impressions are good. I am not a huge fan of this style of game, so I dont think its the best idea that i throw out a review at this time, but I will give you a few details as i get more involved.

Finally I also purchased Tony Hawk Project 8 and its still in the wrapping. I want to play Marvel for about another hour befiore I pop that in. Plus the system came with Talledaga Nights and so I plan to watch that tonight before bed and Ill get out a impression of the Blu-Ray shorly after.

Well so for now thats my details. Im sure I could put more detail into it later, maybe I can get hairy to publish something with the website about my day there. WHen i get more sleep, Im sure ill remember some more fun details.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02841 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,907KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end