View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #19
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I saw the third episode of Hellsing Ultimate a couple of days ago on Starz Edge, but I don't know how they're doing this. I think it's going to get it's full course run in late November, but I'm not sure. Black Lagoon comes on this coming Tuesday.

In any case, I've been watching a few things. (Some only 1st episodes.)

1st episodes.

Devil May Cry. While it looks good artisticly/animation-wise, I was fairly disappointed in the action department. I guess it was because it was not that much fighting. The gunplay was fine, but when it came to swordplay, I expected a little more.

D Grayman. Again, while the animation/artwork looks great, I was still disappointed in the action. Is this Konami's answer to Square's Fullmetal Alchemist?

More than 1 episode.

Scrapped Princess. One of those surprise titles. I can't say that I'm completely sold over it, but I am fairly interested in what I've seen. The artwork/animation, again great, and what little action there is (teasers, if you will.) can be good. I've only seen the first 5 episodes btw. I've yet to see a character that I hated, but my favorite out of everyone I've seen so far, Shannon and Chris are the favorites. Raquel (sp?) not being far behind. The characters are what keeps me coming back, but the story so far, I found to be similar to Tales of Symphonia for some reason, although I haven't played much of it.

Even though it's not anime, I've been watching Avatar the Last Airbending. (This show is better than a lot of anime that I've seen.) Can't believe I wasn't aware of this earlier.

And then I've been trying to find other things to watch, but nothing has been catching my eye. I've been thinkin about going back and watchin some of the older series. Ronin Warriors, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun and whatnot.

Manga wise, I've been catching up on the typical Naruto and Bleach shenanigans, and I've decided to give One Piece an actual chance now. Turns out it's not as bad as I used to make it out to be. I don't like the quirky artwork, and I've chuckled here and there, but I've been fairly impressed. I've only reached chapter 15 I think. Luffy vs Buggy or something like that. Out of the characters I've seen, Zoro/Zolo is the favorite. Luffy's not as annoying as other main characters (Naruto) but he still has his annoying moments. Even then, I prefer Bleach over it. Overall, One Piece's not bad, but I don't see what's so special about it.

I read Basilisk before I left to go to Arizona, and I considered it to be the best manga. Still is until I come across something else.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02652 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,907KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo