View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #17
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Did they just show the first episode only? I wish the episodes would be released faster (the fourth episode just came out in Japan) but I do prefer the quality so I guess it's a sacrifice I'll have to accept.
First 2 episodes. I was really disappointed that they didn't finish airing them too because I really like it, but they replaced it with Black Lagoon, so my disappointment soon became a relief .

Speaking of Black Lagoon, it's a good replacement for Cowboy Bebop. I've been looking for something similar for quite some time. No annoying characters, and it's full of adrenaline.

Still watching Death Note. I can't stand the new opening and ending theme songs... (not a fan of that screaming stuff.) In any case, this show is hawt, and I'm still trying not to cheat and read the manga to see how Light get the Death Note back. (The temptation is thick )

And then there's Bleach. I'm trying my hardest to continue with the anime, but I've been so disappointed with the fighting. With so many overpowered characters you would think that the fighting would be at a faster pace and full of intensity, (Rurouni Kenshin comes to mind), atleast that's the impression I get from the manga. The best fight I've seen so far happens to be Ichigo and Urahara, and that was during Ichigo's flashback fighting against Renji. Byakuya and Renji was decent, but only because of Byakuya's bankai. Big bulk bankai's don't cut it for it. And then we get to the voice work. While I'm no fan of subs, (reading while watching isn't something I can do.) I would've preferred Viz's Ocean group to handle the voice work. (Death Note's voice work is pretty good, as well as Black Lagoon's) I only like Byakuya's voice, but they know Sesshoumaru = Byakuya.

I can go on and on about my disappointment in the Bleach anime, but I don't want to turn people away from it from my high expectations.

Karas the Prophecy - In the words of Janice (From Friends) OH MY GOD!!!! Now this is the type of action that I want. Fights that you can barely, yet still be intense at the same time. I don't know anything about the story though.. That's probably the only weak point for now. I need to see the other one.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02170 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,912KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo