View Single Post
Old Oct 29th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom
Another issue with it is the inconsistency (sp?) in animation. Again, I kept hearing nothing but high praises about the animation, and perhaps this was my own fault because I was expecting something that looks as good as Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Yet another disappointment. The animation isn't bad, though, it is very inconsistent. One episode can look good, and the next, everything looks hideous.
I can understand your complaint about inconsistency...it can be quite dreadful to watch an episode that is downright atrocious looking then see the next episode in its full splendor. However, this is something that can't quite be helped especially in super-long running series like Naruto. Some animation studios are branched off into different divisions: one team draws out the episodes that fall in line with the main story (of the manga or otherwise) while another team is in charge with the "filler" episodes (goofy episodes or those not part of the main story, etc.). I think this method saves on costs...prettier episodes require more time and, perhaps, more money. I believe that's how it works, which explains why some episodes are gorgeous and others are not so.

Quote:
This one has alot more likable characters. 4 characters I don't really care for. (Chad, Ishida, Rukia, Kon) Chad and Ishida were decent characters back in the Soul Society arc. Chad got too boring right
Spoiler: show
when Grimmjow and gang showed up
. Ishida got boring after
Spoiler: show
Ichigo and gang crossed over to Hueco Mundo
. I've never really liked Rukia and Kon from the very start.
I pretty much agree with you there except for Chad...I really like him probably because he's quiet and doesn't do anything. Rukia pretty much irritated me from the start, Kon and Ishida are both okay.

Quote:
Something I'm not understanding. The fan crowd behind Hitsugaya. I have nothing against him whatsoever, but what makes him so great? This guy doesn't seem worthy of having a captain status. It even seems that Renji and Ikkaku is stronger than him. Ok, I'm done picking on him .
Hehe, Hitsugaya is one of those typical characters you'd see in mangas...one of those characters who are really young but powerful. I think that's probably part of his appeal, he's young but knowledgeable. But I cannot agree with you that Renji and Ikkaku is stronger than him...Hitsugaya does that the mentality and inner strength that fits the status of captain...Renji and Ikkaku still need a lot of work to reach that level.

Anyways, the animes that I'm currently watching is Hellsing Ultimate and a period drama called Saiunkoku Monogatari. I thought the latter might be another Fushigi Yuugi or Juuni Kokki-esque type but it's not quite like that...it's actually a bit better. I actually saw this series called Mushishi which everyone says is very good but, sadly, I thought it was okay. I thought I might like it because it's supposed to be a supernatural/drama type but it just didn't mix well with me. The animation is lovely though.

The manga I'm reading is Bleach and Nana (JP editions).

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Oct 29th, 2007 at 02:26 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03381 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,928KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo