View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #1
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
What are you currently watching/reading?

Like those other threads ^_^

What anime are you currently watching, or what manga are you currently reading?

Besides what I have on tape, I'm watching Naruto on Cartoon Network. I don't download anime nor do I go to Youtube. I have dial-up, and I share the computer. I also don't have much to do, and I have issues when it comes to sitting down for more than 30 minutes waiting on something to download.

In any case, Naruto dubbed isn't all that bad once you get use to everything. (Believe it should've never been used.) Of course I wish they got other people to do the voices of certain characters, but "shrugs" what can one do other than complain? What really needs a change is the dialogue altogether. Some of the things that were being stated just didn't make any sense at all, or just didn't fit with what was going on.

However, all these people that praise Naruto should have a rock thrown in their face. When I first started with this series (I started with the manga first) I was expecting something so dynamic, and yet I get another average anime.

Another issue with it is the inconsistency (sp?) in animation. Again, I kept hearing nothing but high praises about the animation, and perhaps this was my own fault because I was expecting something that looks as good as Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Yet another disappointment. The animation isn't bad, though, it is very inconsistent. One episode can look good, and the next, everything looks hideous.

One more complaint.... lol. Out of all the characters I've seen so far, including the manga.. I only like about 3-5 characters.... (Itachi, Kakashi, Neji, Orochimaru... and now Sasuke) That's really bad lol.

With all that being said though, it is still a decent series. I just don't see nor understand what made this series so great though. As far as I'm concerned, and it's only a matter of preferences, Yu Yu Hakusho is better ... (ok, not fair) Bleach is better...

Speaking of Bleach.

I'm currently reading Bleach. The anime really isn't that much better than Naruto. (Almost the exact same issues, just not that much praising from fans... So atleast I wasn't expecting something so great this time around.)

This one has alot more likable characters. 4 characters I don't really care for. (Chad, Ishida, Rukia, Kon) Chad and Ishida were decent characters back in the Soul Society arc. Chad got too boring right
Spoiler: show
when Grimmjow and gang showed up
. Ishida got boring after
Ichigo and gang crossed over to Hueco Mundo
. I've never really liked Rukia and Kon from the very start.

The story at this very moment,
with them being in Hueco Mundo
has it's ups and downs... More downs, though, because I was really getting bored with everything. But now that
Kenpachi arrived in Hueco Mundo
, hopefully things will pick up again.

Something I'm not understanding. The fan crowd behind Hitsugaya. I have nothing against him whatsoever, but what makes him so great? This guy doesn't seem worthy of having a captain status. It even seems that Renji and Ikkaku is stronger than him. Ok, I'm done picking on him .
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02944 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,926KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo