View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 05:27 AM   #28
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
OK so your basically saying the launch titles to you are not great cause they are not to you game play style. Thats fair, but lets pretend your an all out gamer that loves to play games across all systems.

Well for starters, the lineup is semi impressive, For sports fans you have the typical EA lineup and 2K lineup. (and from what people are saying they are much better designed then on any other console with more features), you have FPS which 2 look very impressive for FPS games on consoles. I agree with you that i don't play FPS on consoles cause FPS was built for computers. But you can't argue with the presentation of the games.

RPG pretty much goes with Oblivion again already released on xbox and PC but is arguably stated to be a great game on both systems and PS3 adds on to the game with its own special area not included in other games.

The racing titles also look impressive, and lets face it 95% of racing games these days are graphics so when it comes to me saying the game looks good yes graphics are a huge factor. Yes handling and driving style are key, but for the most part the great games like NFS and GT have got handling figured out and now its about presentation.

As mentioned Tony Hawk looks very impressive, and yes I can understand the hatred of the series after all its pretty much the same thing over and over but I am excited over this one as rumors show that the game focuses more on things that can actually be done and not roof to roof transfers into 3 mile grinds with 10 million kickflip combos while on the ride.

I understand what your saying personally, the games are not your style. But from a gaming standpoint you cant truely say this is a poor launch lineup. Its day one and people are expecting day 365. I agree its not a great lineup, there could be more, i agree, but considering what we are getting its really not all that bad in compairson to other consoles, especially the launch of the 360.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02626 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,902KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end