View Single Post
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #25
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
You can say that DBGT is fan-made.

Most of the problems that made this final part of the series suck balls have already been posted.

I wa some kind of hard-core fan of DB and DBZ when I was younger. But by the time, I was also ignorant about anime overall. All I had previously watched was Saint Seiya and Captain Tsubasa. AS time went on and I watched other animes, I realised that DBZ didn't have very good qualioty, in many aspects. unfortunately, it was done mainly as a resource of profit more than a work of art. Thus the hundreds of unnecessary, stupid filling episodes.

Ignoring that kind of crap, I think DBZ reached the peak of it's greatness at the end of the Cell Saga. Thorughout all that time, it was shown how Gokou's relationship with his son and wife strengthened. How he trained his son and forced him to become a super saiyan. How his son surpassed him. And then, almost at the same time, something similar happened between Trunks and Vegeta, but in a different way.

I believe it is the direction of audinece which has prevented DBZ from being something much greater than it is. Being directed mainly at young kids, many interesting aspects as those father-son, master-disciple relationships have not gone deeper.

We can also thank all of the "fans" who will buy, and "like" any sort of shit that has the DB trademark on it, even if it sucks the world's biggest prick. Thanks to people like this is that them producer can do wahtever they want, and be successful wen selling, and so an abomination such as DBGT took place.

What damned fun can it be to make Gokou a stupid kid again? Thorughout the whole series? Pan, who at the end of DBZ was the most cute, adorable creature in the universe, became a stupid, ignorant, unrespectful, and stubborn bitch in DBGT. (And not to mention the ugly witch she is at the end of the series )

Characters were broken, and spoiled, Gohan, who was as strong as his father, pretty much did not exist in the series, Trunks was not even a shadow of what he was in Z, and the dragons, my God, the dragons, what kind of sick joke were they? Presumably the most powerful enemies the "Z troop" could ever find turn out to be the most pathetic creatures anyone could have thought of. One imbecile who inflates himself like gum and throws sparks. SOme other idiot who smells like shit and poisons everything. One another which is a dragon-mole. I mean, WTF? The only decent ones were the last 3 of them, and even those weren't worth being recalled as the most powerful beings on the universe.

Honestly, the only thing I liked about this pile of shit was the end. And probably it was so since
Spoiler: show
They show some sort of recompilation of Gokou's life and most important events. And how he bids a farewell to all of his long-life companions, and family. I have said it before, it made me cry. Actually every time I watch that particular episode I weep. Because it was the end of a series I sort of grew up with.

Anyway, screw GT. All of those who have not watched it, have missed absolutely nothing good, IT WAS NOT DONE BY TORIYAMA, so it's like it did not happen.

Those who watch it, I hope you enjoy wasting your time, as well as I did.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03632 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,903KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo