View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #14
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Dan da man, calm down. As I said, you may have your reasons to like your console. Condemned, Kameo, PGR3, Perfect Dark Zero, Dead Rising, Oblivion, Saints row, Enchanted Arms - leaving aside Oblivion, in my opinion, a lot of these games do contain a few good ideas, but they were poorly executed and developed. Most of these games are all-action titles, with nothing to offer to the player that wants something "more" from videogames. You can like this style of games, or you can hate it.

Telling us the PlayStation 3 is copied from the Xbox 360 is non-sense; Sony copied something important only from Nintendo, and this is obvious. And please, Microsoft using the 360 guide button as a revolutionary feature is sad - Hmmm we always wanted to have a button to jump to Microsoft online market thing! And look, it turns on/off the console! That's next-generation! So everybody adding the same obvious functionalities to their consoles is copying Microsoft, right? Don't be ridiculous. The architecture of the two consoles couldn't be more different, with Sony launching a system containing some new technologies, while Microsoft has just assembled another PC. I repeat: to me, the Xbox 360 is simply a crippled, rushed out PC with no soul. Oh, and about the controller: the Xbox 360 has a good controller (terrific when used with a good PC), but the Dual Shock layout remains the best out there for all different genres of videogames.

Finally, I don't know why you seem to think I am a staunch supporter of the PlayStation 3. I do not like what I have seen so far from Sony, as I said clearly in a few posts, mostly because Sony is marketing their PlayStation 3 too much like Microsoft marketed their Xbox. The only good thing that came from SCEA in the latest months was Katuragi's humble admission of Sony Computer Entertainment's difficulties in the production of the PlayStation 3 - this is the way to go, if SCEA wants more respect from the industry. The only console that convinces me this time around is the Wii, and the only company that I really respect because of their coherency and loyalty to their fans is Nintendo.

On the other hand, you seem a staunch supporter of the Xbox 360. Do you like buying a new system every four years? Rest assured that on paper both the PlayStation 3 and the Wii will be more advanced, in a way or another, than the Xbox 360 - that's unavoidable. But the real fight (between Microsoft and Sony, because Nintendo has nothing to fear with its unbeatable range of first party titles and its disinterest in selling more consoles than either Microsoft or Sony) will be in the quality of the gameplay of the exclusive software offered to the players.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02285 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,906KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo