Old Jan 16th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #34
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

KraftSLU is on a distinguished road
Re: (clears throat)...

Quote:
Originally posted by ToxicUK

Just to make my point on this topic

1 - The SONY Controllers are the best controllers in the world. Not too bulky, heavy or silly looking they offer a good quality all around controller for everyday use and they dont break easily.
Well thats a great opinion and all, but I love the feel of my s-type controller over my dual shock, my DC controller, and my roommates gamecube controller. Love games on all three systems, love the stype the most. But then again, you won't see me running around claiming that it is the best controller in the world for everyone.

Quote:
2 - I think Live is a service like all other bad m$ products - you pay for it - it dopesnt work, you pay for it gaain - it dosent work.
Hmm... actually my experience went "pay for it once - it works wonderfully and I've never had a problem with it" And oddly enough that is the response I get from most people who have xbox live, that it is a totally wonderful system.... oddly enough, your message sounds like it comes from someone that hates MS for no reason and would just want to bash their live service because that is what they think is cool to do.

Quote:
4 - You can buy a multitap for both ports.
It kills me that when people attack the xbox because you have to buy the dvd playback kit, but when the xbox supporters come back and say "you only have 2 ports" the ps2 fanboys say "you can buy multitaps"... so it is ok to spend money on ps2 to overcome it's shortfallings, but it isn't ok for xbox owners to do the same? Before you go and be all hypocritical next time, why not think to yourself "all systems have shortcomings that can be overcome by buying something usually. Xbox, it is the DVD remote. PS2, it is the multitap, memory cards, and online adapter. GC, it is the online adapter and memory cards.

Quote:
5 - Um, i hate to say this to you - but have u ever USED A QUALITY M$ PRODUCT?
Well, let me run down the list. I am running my computer on windows 2000 pro, which has been absolutely amazing. Let me check my clock, yup. It has been on without locking up for 5 months now, since I moved it to my apartment. I run a website off of an MS IIS server which has been totally dependable and hasn't had any problems. All my school papers have be written flawlessly on Word, I have set up databases for people with Access. I use Visual C++ to write all my programs for class and for commercial use. VB is also a wonderful program, in fact, the entire visual studio is great! My palm is run by MS Windows CE which hasn't let me down. And last but not least, I have yet to have a single problem with my xbox, the games MS made for them, or my xbox live service.

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02188 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,896KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below