View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2003, 06:43 AM   #8
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Re: Converted (X Box sell out ? U decide)

May as well throw in my 2 pence...

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
#1. Controllers...too small...waaay to cheaply made. I have had cases where I dropped them and had a button stop working completely. Ive gone through atleast 120 dollars worth of controllers sense purchasing my station about 3 months after its release way back when (X-Box controllers are MUCH sturdier*, and although I dont really like the size of the S type either, its still a better controller than sony's)
None of my SONY controllers have ever broke - and that includes the non-analog controllers I got with my PSX way back in 1996! If you look after your controllers, like I have, then you shouldn't have any problems. I can't really comment on the XBox controllers as I've only used one once or twice.
Quote:
#2. Sony Online. SCEA, whatever ya wanna call it absolutely SUCKS in comparison to LIVE. Lets face it Live surpasses it in just about every way. Sept for online games at te moment (I dont enjoy Unreal or Fever etc all that much)
LIVE may offer the better all-round service, but you have to pay a monthly fee for it. The PS2 on-line service follows the PC model - ie. most games will be free to play on-line. It depends how you look at it - I'm perfectly happy with my PC on-line gaming, and if PS2 is going to be like that then I'm happy. I don't want to pay monthly for something I might not use that often.
Quote:
#4 . X Box has 4 controller ports, nuff said (What WAS Sony thinkng ?!)
Indeed, what were SONY thinking? That is what I feel is the biggest flaw with PS2.
Quote:
#5 Overall quality. If theres anything you can expect with Microsoft and its products (At least with X Box anyways) Its QUALITY. Better stuff inside and out for the same price, cant beat that
Hoo hoo - you surely are not serious! M$ making quality products??? Heh heh - that's a good one!

Do you actually use any M$ products? Imagine buying a car, but it only had three wheels. When you complain to the sales company they tell you not to worry, it will be fixed in Service Pack 1.... That, my friend, is Windows. The operating system the majority of the worlds PC's use is a non-secure, constantly updated 'quality' product.... I won't even get into what I think about Internet Information Server, Frontpage or .NET...

As for the hardware bits being quality... well, you have Intel processor & nVidia graphics - not exactly a whole load of M$ going on there! Considering SONY are one of the leaders in the whole Audio/Visual entertainment market, I really don't see how you can consider their products inferior in terms of quality.
Quote:
#6 . The Playstation 2 is made to break. My friend bought one the day it came out and just last week had to buy a new one because his quit reading disks all together. Then I saw it happening to my PS2 ever so slowly. It starts by not reading DVDs now and then ,then gets progressively worse as time goes by till it stops playing games
I've had my PS2 since the day of release and NEVER had a problem with it. My PSX is equally still going. Maybe your friend was unlucky - but both of mine have, and will continue to serve me well.
Quote:
Im not TRYING to bash Sony here. I had butt loads of fun with my PS2. But now I feel somewhat betrayed now that Ive really tasted what X Box has to offer and have been burned by Sony’s crappy online playing games and their lack of quality. Sorry if ive bothered anyone...just needed to rant
For someone who's not trying to bash SONY, you're doing a very good job of it.

You feel betrayed by SONY? Well, 30 million other PS2 owners don't feel betrayed.

Don't blame SONY for bad on-line games - blame the developers, they're the ones who make them. And on-line is just one tiny portion of the game industry - the important bit is still, and will continue to be, off-line gaming.

And on that note, I off to play Gungrave - off-line shooting perfection...

- S

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02887 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,905KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo