View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 04:03 AM   #5
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Good to see a price-drop on the 80GB model and a cheaper 40GB model. I'm good with my 60GB model, so no fussing with most backwards compatible issues the others might offer and plus I got it when it first went down so I figured I'd jump on it.

Also JJ I can't quite agree with you on "enough games to make a justifiable purchase" and I speak on this in the average consumer. What the PS3 had at the time was enough for me; I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Resistance, Virtual Fighter 5 and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom with Stranglehold on reserve. Mostly everything the PS3 has you can get on 360 and not everyone likes EA games, I fall into one of the people who doesn't like sports games and many others do as well. Lair is just undecided, that's a game you either hate or love from what I seen, if somebody can get past the control scheme I guess it works out in the end. Then we have Ninja Gaiden Sigma and even though I haven't played it yet, it will be awesome just like the others. But that’s the thing, one of the best games for the system is a three year old game, a last-gen game given next-gen fillings outshines the majority of the PS3 library right now, and that's usually never a good thing.

I still feel for everyone still sitting on the fence, they will continue to do so. Five Hundred Dollars is still a lot of money, and a lot of people listen to reviews and how Lair has been panned by almost anyone and that might detract sales. Heavenly Sword, which is a game I desperately have wanted for a while now is supposedly pretty damn short, and nowadays you get a lot of people angry when they are told a game they spent sixty dollars on is only going to last about six or seven hours. I personally don't care, I have plenty of other things to play to make up for that games length but not everyone shares my luxury. PS3 will see better sales this Holiday season for sure but the mind-blowing exclusives aren't quite here yet and many other games you can get for 360 as well. 360 has head the head start, already has some exclusives that are pretty damn good and it is a bit cheaper (the difference really only matters if you get a premium though.) so I still see the PS3 has lots of ground to make up before it starts flying off the shelves, at least in my opinion.

With that said though, it’s a good system and the potential for it is really good. Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: Future, Haze (I'd kill for this game...seriously. ), and of course MGS4 gives reason to own a PS3, but down the line. Also one thing I like is the wi-fi built into the system, it’s going to be just as easy to get online with it as it was for my Wii, which I always like. Not so for the 360, I have to buy a fricking 100 dollar wireless adapter because I'm too far from the computer, you'd think Microsoft would have put wi-fi in on the redesigned Elite.

The only other thing and this is more of a personal annoyance then my view on console wars. Why the hell do PS3 multiplatform games come a week or even two weeks after the 360 counterpart? Stranglehold has already released for 360 and according to my GameStop I have to wait till September 25th for my Stranglehold Collectors Edition for PS3. The PS3 version of SKATE doesn't come out till the 24th while the 360 version is already out. For awhile now platform games have been releasing at later dates for PS3 versions, what is the purpose of this? It really is quite fricking annoying, I'm not impatient or anything but when I have both a 360 and a PS3 I could easily time drop the PS3 version and go for the 360 and that loses a sale for Sony. The only reason I haven't done this on Stranglehold is that the Collectors Edition on the PS3 version is above and beyond extremely better then what the 360 one offers. I'll take a high-def version of the movie Hard-Boiled over some behind the scenes footage.

I mean to a greater extent Medal of Honor: Airborne already out for 360 doesn't release till November on the PS3. Who the hell is holding up these PS3 games up where they come weeks after the 360 version? Is it Sony or the developers? Who ever is doing it needs to stop, seriously stop it now or I'll punch you in the face.

On a final note, PS3 owners buy Haze and support Free Radical, the game will own.

Last edited by Beretta55; Sep 14th, 2007 at 04:04 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03241 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,913KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo