View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #3
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Hey hey, how could I not love Animal Crossing! I think this is going to be one of the best handheld games in a long time, I always thought Animal Crossing was meant to be played on a handheld console with internet connectivity. Anyhow, Panuru is a true fan of the game, she is also been waiting for the game to be released on the DS for a long, long time!
Yeah, "Animal Crossing" is a fantastic game, but it's just too "kiddish" and "uncool" to some, which is a real shame since this is one of the better games out there (not too hectic like "The Sims"). My sister and I've been waiting for a sequel ever since we played the first game for about, like, a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
From what I read in the press releases, this version of Animal Crossing supports direct connections with nearby Nintendo DS consoles (up to 4) and connection to the Internet through the DS' wi-fi adapter. In fact, just like the PSP, the Nintendo DS is ready to be connected to a PC or to any wi-fi access point thanks to its built-in adapter. This means you can let players from any part of the world enter in your village, if you want to, whenever you are close to a wi-fi access point. These can be found a bit everywhere in big cities, airports, internet points, but you can also simply plug a wi-fi adapter into your home PC and connect the DS to the internet through your PC!

Nintendo has just released a proprietary wi-fi USB adapter, but you can buy any other wi-fi USB adapter (you just need to plug one of these into one of your PC's USB ports) or wi-fi card (a bit more tricky to install in your PC), and it will work just as good. We use some Sitecom USB adapters in our office (they should cost around $20) and they work great with the PSP. Then, you must activate Internet Connection Sharing in your PC and the DS will automatically connect to the Internet through your PC. It is simple, really. We will have a guide about it in the new PSP website we are going to launch soon, which should apply also to the Nintendo DS. However, if you need more help, just ask!
Oh wow, it is simple. Thanks for your help Harry, this was very informative...this might even push me to go online, who knows? I'm just really happy the DS supports direct connection with others in close range...my sister and I always wanted to go into each other's towns in "AC" but we couldn't stand it when one of our favorite villagers moves away, so we avoided traveling all years now, lol.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02182 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,916KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start