View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:00 PM   #13
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You will not find something like that going on in dramatic moments
Atcually not to be argumentative but I have seen it happen in dramtic moments in Kenshin. Thier was a part where a guy with a stationary gatling gun was shooting at kenshin and a few others. Somwehere during the scene kenshin was hit on the head and well you know what insued the facial distortions I hate so much. (Sorry i cant name names but I saw it a while ago and I have a terrible memmory. Unless I really commit somehting to emmory its gone within a few days)

Quote:
What is wrong with anime stories as it is now? Why does an American anime have to be "aimed for an American audience"? If Americans were more open-minded to different things, then they would be able to accept anime as is instead of having an anime for an American audience
Nothing is wrong with anime as it is now I LOVE IT. But you ahve to look at this from the point of view of the networks who would be airing it. I mean whats easier,... getting americans (Many of them arrogant and ignorant toward other cultures) to accept the jappenses culture or just airing animes aimed towards the U.S audience. Sadly its not about whats better neccesarily but its about whats more profitable. I dont like it but lets face it thats fact

Quote:
don't think that Westerners should adopt the "anime" style. Why? Because anime right now, just seems to be the "craze"
Hmm...I dissagree . I dont see anime in the U.S as a craze at all. Most fans of anime in america are dedicated. I dont know many who just tune in now and then. I know for sure that I wotn be getting tired of it anytime soon. And it has been here a while now. I mean DBZ stood the test of time. They could probably run another 5 seasons of it before people lost interest (I know there arent another 5 seasons Im just saying). I dont think Anime is a craze....not at all.

Also Meryl my argument has nothing to do with exporting anime, I mean making our own . The U.S producing its own anime style shows and NOT having to import them all. Also its good to hear from someone with an asian point of view I never really knew that the Jappanese didnt like the idea of letting the U.S get ahold of too much anime. And i still havent changed my stance on the facial distortions. I dont see how its humorous at all unless your like 5 years old. I think it makes a well drawn character look rediculous when they dont need to. I mean why must everything I watch on TV try and be funny ?. Id rather have no attempt at humor at all than just some weak attempts like having someone get konked on the head. But then thats just me...I prefer realism and having thier faces do that just makes it more unrealistic

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02389 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,896KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo