View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 03:19 AM   #8
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
How can you go through life not believing in the possible existence of things you don't know about? Theories on things we don't understand eventually lead to answers. THings that seem like magic to us as a society now won't in the future. That is the natural progress of science. New sciences are being born all the time. I believe that spirits may be a part of a science we have not yet excepted enough to explore yet.

And don't talk to me about assuming everything I see or hear is something supernatural or unexplainable. I, for most of my life, have been one of the most skeptical people on the topic among anybody I know. Some people just plain believe and that is all there is to it for them. That's the opposite of how I work. After carefully examining all logical possibilities, I come to one of 3 conclusions whenever I feel I may have witnessed something strange.
1. The logical explanation(s) of what it might have been cause me to dismiss it altogether.
2. There are somewhat logical explanations to the matter, but what happened was unsettling enough or maybe just plain different enough to me that I don't know what to think. These I usually dismiss as well.
3. I can't think of a very substantial logical explanation even though it may be there and what I experienced is convincing enough I am willing to consider the possibility that it is unexplainable by any science we today understand and might actually be something from what we today still call the "supernatural".

The third one hardly ever happens and even though the second one happens more often it still doesn't happen anywhere near as often as the first conclusion for me. This is why I remain a huge skeptic to this day. I will say, however, that I have had a small handful of number 3's.

And finally, about Fantasytiger's mention of different levels of existence, I am glad she brought that up. Like I said before, I will admit that most of these things are just theories, but theories are what find answers.

The fact remains that it is interesting to talk about, whatever your view on the matter is or how open that view is, even.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02946 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,894KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo