Thread: Madden NFL 2004
View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:55 PM   #4
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I pretty much agree with everything said here although i wouldnt give Madden 10 a 10 out of ten. Probably a 9.5 at best. But one thing I dont agree with is how so called "Great" these playmaker controlls are. Im playing the first game of the play-offs in my first season and ive barely even touched the playmaker aspects of the controlls. Changing routes is ok, flipping the play that way is good, but how the hell do you have time while your running to direct you blockers. Im usualy tackled while I try and figure out wich of my defenders im directing, so that's rendered useless. And unless you have a VERY speedy quarterback or a superb offensive line you dont have time to direct your receivers either. I was dazzled by this playmaker stuff watching the videos. But once I used them I dont see them as being much of an improvement.

The best improvements i think were the adding of hair/tattoos and the biggest of them all, Owner Mode , Which for me is the one thing that will probably prevent me from dropping Madden like a ton of washed up bricks and switching over to ESPN NFL football. Which, if not for so much attention to that stupid looking first person mode and these "Cribs" I would probably be more interested in purchasing (And still might be). As far as Maddens other faults i think the worst has got to be how IMPOSSIBLY hard it is to get sacks !. I mean, 90% of the time I lay a hit on the QB he lets go of the ball right when i hit him, it falls to the ground and they call it an incompletion (We call that a fumble here on earth), It SICKENS me that EA would make that aspect of the Madden franchise worse . Are they even testing this game before they release it !?. And as Preventer also stated the running game is boring and you gain yards like a snail (3,4 maybe 5 at a time) with the exceptions of a few VERY rare times when you can bust a, GET THIS !, TEN>>YARD>>RUN !(Keep in mind i was running with Ricky Freakin Wiliams). And while Owner Mode is a GREAT addition it renders create-a-team virtualy obsolete because I couldnt imagine starting a season without owner mode on. Editing your own NFL team jersesy is a crock of shit. All it does is let you create a jersey using the regular system (which sucks!)and you cant even use the nfl logo on it, how fu*ing retarted is that !?. For everything they improve it seems they make something else worse. And sence theres no online for X box, and sence the draft classes dont work due to their little glicth, im in the mood to dislike EA more than ever. Pretty soon Madden will be as bad as that garbage basketball franchise they call NBA Live (Did you see the preview in Madden, it looks like it belongs on the PS1). Anyway Madden is still a solid football game and i think they did improve a bit from last year, but Madden 2004 still FAILED to meet my expectaions

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02767 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,891KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo