View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:23 PM   #9
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Mena, how can you say that about yourself. I thinknthat your pic is really really really good! The shading's great, and you did a wonderfull job on the clothing.

Here's a pointer though, the way the leg curls up is well doe, but I feel that you have to make the knee larger, to show depth and to make the two legs seem the same size, because the feemer looks to short because of the angle of the leg. Don't take this on the defensive side, I think your drawing is wonderfull, and everyone here knows that I'm always making some sort of comment about the art everyone else does. I'm not trying to seem like a god of art or anything, because I cant do nearly as good as you or meryl.

And I dissagree about what Meryl said about keeping the shading minimal. I say that if it's not colored, then the more shading thew better, just as long as you keep the contrast of the lights and darks noticable, so that you can still see the lines and figure and so on and so fourth. And while darkening the hair, remember, reflections reflections reflections!

Well that's all I have to say about this one. Other than that small issue, I think that the drawing is excelent, and Meryl can back me up on this when I say that I hate it when people who can draw really well, say that they suck. It really pisses me off, because it kinda insults me and other people on the forums who can't dfraw at all, and awe at these works of art which you are calling crap. So next time you post a pic, don't say you suck until you hear the responces from the other members, because they respect you for your art abilities, and you're only being hard on everyone who looks at your pic.

Of coarse, sometimes it feels like the people who post here about the stories and art, might justr be being really kind, and just saying nice things to get on the good sides of the members. I'm not like that at all, i see something, and I comment it all I can, expresing how I truely feel about the stroy or pic. I can tell be the praise I got from the little bit of work i was able to post a long time ago. I can't color, and I had no software to modify the pics, so I had to turn it in the way it was, and the bodie's were unproportional, and the eyes didn't look very complex or detailed and the shading from the colored pencils were terrible. But everyone said that they were really good. I admit that they were better than what the average joe could conjure up, but still, you have to bve carefull when reading what some of the members have to say about your work, becasue I feel that they may just be acting overly friendly.

The only ones I can truely trust are my friends who post here, the rest I have to be a bit wary.

So back to the subject on hand, don't say you suck, because you don't, and never get cocky either, because no one is perfect, and you can always count on me for some mean, hard, and honest truth. But you are a good draweer. I'll leave it at that.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02188 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,889KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo