View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2002, 11:04 PM   #47
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Listen, SSSnake, and you better listen to me, 'cause I don't mean to be a b****, but here's what I gotta say: First, from what I read from Mourdor's post, she sounds terrific. She sounds really nice, you know? I mean, if she says hello and is nice and cheery, that's a cool thing in a chick. Okay, so maybe you don't know what she likes but have you ever tried to compliment her? Like, for example, her singing. Maybe the next time she sings a little song, you should just say, "Hey, you have a great voice" or something close to that. Now, here's the deal....if you're too shy to even say anything to her, like even a compliment, then maybe you should just back off. No offense or anything, but from what I read of your "low hi and a shrug" that's a HORRIBLE impression to put upon a girl. It's giving off a message, "Oh, hi there, I'm just saying hi because you said hi, that's all" If you're interested in her, is that what you want?! What if she likes you a bit too? If you continue to do that, then she'll never find out you like her. She'll just continue to see you as a "good friend". I don't think you want that. Also, if you ever do find out what she likes, maybe you can try to get her alone and just say to her about the thing she likes, you know...if she likes....Creed, for example, then you can go up and say how much you like Creed too and so on. At least that'll get things rolling. At least she knows you have a personality and something in common with her except for a "low hi and a shrug". If she has a boyfriend at the moment, then lay off, wait till they break up, then go for it. That way, she knows you're a nice guy and who knows? Maybe it'll happen. Okay, now on to the coward thing. You say you're too coward to do anything. Now, let me ask you this: Do you think she's waaay outta your league? Because if you do, you might as well give up, because if she's the type that you know for sure, she's gonna reject you, then give up. Forget it. Say "See ya!" and MOVE ON! Because if she's outta your league, then what's the point of asking her out, getting rejected, then being embarrassed for the rest of your life? Might as well give up and not embarrass yourself and have those awkward moments of seeing her at school everyday. Now, here's another thing: If you do decide to ask her out, and you DO get rejected....yes, I understand completely how awkward and embarrassed you'll feel, but DO NOT BE DEPRESSED AND DOWN AND START BEING PISSED AND SAD IN FRONT OF HER! Even if you're feeling all that, pretend and say, "Oh, hey, that's cool. I hope we can still be friends or something." Then smile and wait for her answer then walk away. That way, it'll show that you're not pathetic and you're able to take things cooly. AND it'll give her something to think about. Unless she's a real b****, which it doesn't sound like she is, she might see you and realize you do like her and later on, who knows? Maybe she'll remember and if she breaks up with her current b/f, she'll see what a loser her last b/f was and what a sweet guy you are and then it might happen. Plus, if you say you hope you two will still be friends, then if she's still very nice, she'll continue to be your friend. Then that way, it'll give her a chance to find out more about you, now that she knows you like her. But you don't know if you don't try, right? Now, back to the coward thing. If you're too cowardly to do anything, I'd say, don't bother and just move on. There's no point if you're not gonna make a move even though it might work. If you know you're too cowardly, then you just have to ACCEPT the fact that you're a coward that's why you can't ask her out. WHICH means, you'll just have to move on. Hey, if I sound insensitive and you don't think you're a coward, then go! Go and ask her out if you're not a coward. It doesn't hurt to try. But.....see? I know you're scared of being rejected which is why you're here in agony wondering, "Should I? Should I not?" If you are scared of being rejected, that means you are too cowardly to do anything because you're not takng the chance! Otherwise you would've done it by now! So, if you know that...then you gotta move on and forget about her. Either that, or it's always being in agony of wondering, "What would happen if she said yes?" If you know you can't stand not knowing the answer, then you might as well stop being tortured and find out the answer, right? AT least, then, you're heart will be satisfied knowing the answer. Sure, it sucks if you're rejected, but I much rather know the answer, than sit there and wonder if it'll work out. And, I'm pretty sure your friends really don't want to hear you talk about it everyday, saying about the "girl that got away" or "Oh man, I wonder what happens if she says yes?" See? Doesnt' that SUCK?! Okay....and finally..........if you don't feel like complimenting her, striking up a conversation, or asking her out whatsoever, then....here's this: Just be satisfied that she's there. That you can see her at school and be happy knowing she says "hi" and smile at you. If you can't be satisfied about these, then it's either try and ask her out, or forget about her and move on. That's all I can say, buddy. Omigod.....I just wrote a novel....
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03308 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,917KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo